¹ Survey Claims 70% of Zune Owners Want Out - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 03:20 PM
macattack
Pupil
Default It Goes Both Ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Augusto View Post
Then again, most non-Microsoft fans I know have been swallowing any information that bashes the company without any fact to back it up for years.

Speaking of which, did you hear?! Bill Gates eats babies!

I'm sure that will make it onto a couple of front pages in the next day or so
The fact of the matter is that it goes both ways: Microsoft fanboys, go way out of their way to defend some of the sorry Microsoft practices and products and to bash everything Apple does. Apple fanboys are the flip side of the same coin. There is no perfect, righteous, true, and glorious hardware/software companies. They make stuff. We buy it, but in the end its just stuff.

For me personally, Apple computer products often seem to fulfill my needs better and accomplish what I need done in an very efficient manner. But I also own a MS Office license because there's no better office application suite out there, and I have used so many iterations of Palm-size PC/PocketPC/Windows Mobile devices that I've lost count. If someone wants to completely ignore Apple products because they're not Microsoft, you'll miss out on some good stuff.

As far as the poll results, I agree that the poll questions may not have been worded properly. On the other hand, the folks providing the summary of the results may have just done a poor job of trying to summarize a much larger poll in a couple sentences. Look at who commissioned the poll in the first place, and you'll have a good idea of whether there was any intended skew. Like it or not, it may still point to the possibility that there are a large number (doubtfully 70%) of Zune users who are less than happy with their purchase.