View Full Version : Anyone Else Having a Problem With Their Red2Blu Order?

Chris Gohlke
06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
<p>I placed my order back on 4/24/2009 with delivery confirmation and it was received by them on 4/30/2009. &nbsp;The web site indicated you'd received an e-mail when they received your order. &nbsp;By 5/7/2009 I'd not received an e-mail so called. &nbsp;I was told they had received my order and that they were just waiting for Casablanca to get in stock to ship it out. &nbsp;The expected wait was 1 to 2 weeks. &nbsp;Called again on 6/15/2009 since I had not received them. &nbsp;I was told they still had not gotten it in stock and expected it in 2 to 4 weeks. &nbsp;I asked if there was anything they could do like split my order or substitute a different movie. &nbsp;The representative told me that "they" (their bosses) said no. &nbsp;Asked to speak to "they" and was told they don't take calls. &nbsp;Asked to leave them a message with my complaint and the representative said they would deliver it, but that "they" do not reply to complaints. &nbsp;So with no other options, I gave up for the day.</p><p>Today I received a postcard stating the following:</p><p><em>"Dear Customer:</em></p><p><em>Thank you for your recent order. &nbsp;Unfortunately, due to delays in restocking our inventory, we are unable to process your order at this time. &nbsp;Please contact us at your earliest convenience for the expected ship date, or to cancel your order. &nbsp;Your product will be shipped upon availability. &nbsp;Please refer to the information listed on the reverse side of this card when calling on your order. &nbsp;</em></p><p><em>Once again we greatly appreciate your business and apologize fo this inconvenience.</em></p><p><em>Thank you."</em></p><p>First off, I thought it was kind of stupid to send a postcard telling me to call. &nbsp;Why could they not have just saved some money and sent me an e-mail with the actual information (no printing, postage, or phone charges)? &nbsp;When I did call, I was given two options. &nbsp;1) Cancel, but I would not get the covers I had to mail in back or 2) Pay double shipping for them to split up the order. &nbsp;Option 1 was clearly unacceptable and after waiting 2 months, I didn't really feel like paying a $6.95 premium. &nbsp;</p><p>Warner Brothers had a great idea in coming up with the Red2Blu promotion. &nbsp;I'd already paid for the content in HD anyway, so what a better way to get goodwill (and probably a little profit) than by re-offering the same titles on BluRay at a discount. &nbsp;Unfortunately, their poor service and follow-through will probably offset any goodwill they might have gained, at least from me.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Felix Torres
06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
???
Wow.
I sent my downgrade package out late last month.
Got the receipt e-mail a week later.
Got the shipment e-mail two days later.
Got the BD pack three days after that.
Total turnaround time, a bit over two weeks.
I was impressed.

One point of interest: you say you sent in Casablanca?
When I filled in the online form, Casablanca wasn't on the list.
Not listed now, either.

A split order should be doable, at this point...

Chris Gohlke
06-23-2009, 12:52 AM
They told me they took it and a couple other titles off the list because of fulfillment problems. Hence, all the more reason they should make an accommodation.

Jason Dunn
06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Wow...sounds frustrating! I had my American Technology Pimp (aka Jon Westfall) fulfil my order for me, and it all happened pretty quickly, no delays or errors.