View Full Version : 31 Days of the Dragon: We're Giving Away an HP Pavlion HDX9200 Notebook PC + Software + DVDs ($5500 Value)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Caracarn
05-16-2008, 12:25 AM
This laptop would rock my world because I am soon heading back to school and in need of a new computer, and this would not only save me money, but be and awesome laptop to play with.

YouTube ID: justjesse11

Heleroth
05-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi,

At least you have a laptop buddy. I just have a ultra slow computer. anyway as I said on the youtube post I have got to win this thing. I just want to see the look on my parents face when they realize that I have my own Super powered laptop..lolz.:eek: Anway the DRAGON is one hardcore piece of machinery, it will help me do all my school tasks in less then 30 sec lol, so i have time 4 games...that i need to buy. But the goood thing is that it comes with a full action packed package of enertainment to wel... keep me entertained for a lifetime!

Heleroth

Youtube Username: Heleroth

tmim123
05-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Powerful & Sleek the Dragon Rocks!

<!--StartFragment -->
The Dragon would definitely ROCK MY WORLD!

I'm just about to launch my business off the ground the Dragon would be such a asset to make everything run smoother and more efficient!

Honestly, I can picture being this bad boys owner but really can't imagine how awesome the power is going to be.

I can dream it but until I actually got my hands on the mighty Dragon it's all a mystery.

The Dragon looks easy to setup and comes with the best hardware and software! What a awesome package it is!

Thank you so much for the chance at this hyper machine!

My you tube username is tmim123

VionaX
05-16-2008, 12:47 AM
The Dragon will rock my world because it will be my one computer to rule them all.

YouTube username: VionaX

ZetaCentauri
05-16-2008, 01:36 AM

tedro1
05-16-2008, 01:47 AM
This computer would ROCK my world because i work third shift and have to stay awake the whole night and I could watch my favorite blue ray movies and afterwards get on the internet and visit my favorite blog sites. This computer is more powerful than my home computer so i would use it at home also.

Youtube handle:tedro1

bcsitkoff
05-16-2008, 01:52 AM
The Dragon would absolutely rock my world. We would be a very happy geek family if the Dragon moved in to our house. My husband would play LOTRO on it, I would edit video on it, and our son would play Giggle Baby on it - three happy geeks, whose worlds would be rocked.
(YouTube - bcsitkoff)

surabayawill
05-16-2008, 02:22 AM
My YouTube user name is surabayawill.

The Dragon would totally rock my world, because I'd use it to replace my ageing notebook, which periodically freezes up on me - like just now, when I was trying to write this post! The huge screen would be fantastic for photo editing and java programming, and the large keyboard would be great for my fat fingers. Plus, I'm getting a dragon tattoo next week, so it would be great to have an awesome system with a theme to match my new ink!

Cold Flame
05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Hey Jason.

My youtube username is: UglyMutha

My comment is found below. My apologies if I posted twice on youtube, but I think my first comment was lost when I was forced to verify my e-mail address.

Here it is:

That sucks, my post got deleted I think

This laptop is absolutely amazing. I could use it to upgrade my current aging desktop so I could play some of the newer video games once more. I miss that!

As well, I'd use its power to process raw images, videos, and utilize it's blueray capabilities. It would be perfect to take up to our bedroom and use in place of the current 13" TV we have in there. Plus I could use the blueray drive and port it out to my plasma in our living room. This thig rox!

KingAnthonyM
05-16-2008, 02:54 AM
The dragon would rock my world in several ways. But, the best one would be to play Age of Conan without my laptop over-heating and shutting off after 30 minutes....

superart
05-16-2008, 03:25 AM
The Dragon will rock my world, because it is exactly what I need right now. I am an engineering student, and I need a laptop for school that is powerfull enough to do 3D CAD. Also, I do not have a TV at this time either, so this would solve 2 problems with one stone, so to speak. I will also be able to clear up a lot of space on my desk that is currently being taken up by my aging AthlonXP 2400 tower.

YoutTube name: superart01

seedpress
05-16-2008, 03:46 AM
I'll definitely need a new laptop after seeing this video because the HP Dragon made me drool all over the laptop I've got now.

Working on implementing a real-time virtual vocal tract in software, which uses lots of resources. The Dragon would fit the bill with overkill!;)

PrashanthiJa
05-16-2008, 04:00 AM
This is my dream machine. The machine that would take all the cluter from my small living space. Make all my friends droll while I play Metal Gear :) It would be so useful to have that big screen cause for all the programming I do. I am also thinking of learning 3d graphic designing, this dragon is just that machine I need.

YouTube id : PrashanthiJayasheela

timmygyu
05-16-2008, 04:16 AM
Good video, love the hinge. The power brick looks like it needs to come with a compatible mini-fridge. As for rocking my world, this thing would really help with my short film I'm working on, as well as a number of other projects. Of course, being able to finally play Bioshock would be nice too. And Half Life 2 of course. And every other great PC game from the last five years that a radeon 200m can't handle.

(Youtube Name: timmygyu)

SmileyXX81
05-16-2008, 04:52 AM
The Dragon would rock my world because it would allow me to return the current laptop that I'm using while I'm in school to my mom. It would also rock my world by allowing me to have a very kick ass system to take to LAN parties to decimate my friends. Not to mention make them very jealous.

YouTube Username: SmileyXX81

psyche
05-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Youtube name: reflac

Comment:
All I can say is that, for someone still stuck in the good old P4 days, getting a notebook that is faster, has more storage, and a bigger screen than my current PC will rock my world!

Iamb180
05-16-2008, 05:05 AM
First, I'd actually have a reason to give my brother back his laptop that I "borrowed" while attending college (I've had his laptop for almost a year now, and I'm sure he'd want it back, lol).

And since I'm an engineering student, owning the Dragon would eliminate the necessity of spending most of my time in the computer lab at my school because I would have an amazing machine that can handle programs like AutoCAD and MatLab.

My Youtube Username: Iamb180

techdxdragon
05-16-2008, 05:06 AM
youtube username: techdxdragon

There's no end to how the HDX Dragon will rock my world!!! It's packed beyond belief with all the hottest features and amazing hardware as well as loaded with the best digital software to easily handle all my graphics work and desktop publishing! The Dragon will become my complete mobile workstation for life in addition to my gaming and entertainment media center. There's nothing like it! Its power and sleek design make the Dragon one of a kind! I'd love to win it!!!

Thanks!

A5
05-16-2008, 05:13 AM
The Dragon is absolutely super insane desktop replacement one can have! With its gigantic 20 inch widescreen and a full-sized keyboard with that remote control, no one near me would ever believe that it is not a prototype! And not to mention its superfast Intel processor (2.8 Ghz!) and that 500 GB of mass storage, 4 GB of RAM, and coolest video card, and Blu-ray, ohh God I'm so glad I didn't kill myself yesterday!!!1!

Playing NFS, watching movies and all that would never be the same again :)

And also thanks to HP and all who involve for making the contest.

Youtube username : A5

The Yaz
05-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Jason, my YouTube ID is The Yaz1969.

The Dragon would be awesome if I could win it.

I was looking at the specs and came to the realization that the RAM, HD, and processor speed exceeded the specs of my three desktops combined!

If I won this laptop, it would become my main computer, my home DVR, and my bedroom TV (that's pretty sad)

Also, I am part of a group trying to form a charity to help our local school raise money to better our kid's education. With this laptop, I'm sure I could run the books for the charity from my home and at the meetings.

Thanks for choosing such an easy contest for a great prize!

Steve

leadv0cal
05-16-2008, 05:43 AM
This beast would rock hardcore - turning people green with envy while mobile, how rare is that?!
Good bye dusty old desktop circa 5+ years ago, and welcome Dragon. My home desk is shaking in fear at the power that must resonate from the very presence of this bad boy - may need to reinforce the wood paneling of the desk with some rebar just in case.

Youtube name, same as here: leadv0cal

jbofbagend
05-16-2008, 06:03 AM
The power of this notebook to be my one media/computing/gaming/working device is enough alone to say this will rock my world. I've been stuck for a while now with my 5 year old Fujitsu N3010, and though it's nice, it's got its limitations in the realm of piping into the rapidly modernizing computer world. I'm getting married soon, and this would be a perfect new apartment device for newly weds. Ahh... the beauty of all-in-one media/computing!

(YouTube: jbofbagend)

edkopp4
05-16-2008, 07:26 AM
YouTube username: edkopp4

A Dragon would let me finally enjoy some of the more impressive computer games I've been missing and allow me to experience Blu-ray for the first time.

dv3dv3
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
That Dragon computer would let me upgrade my reptile computer with linux inside :)

Youtube User: dv3dv3

compugeekv2
05-16-2008, 08:05 AM
This baby would replace my desktop for sure...i'm so lagging behind the times...this would bring me back up to date =]

Youtube ID: compugeek2005

markdormer
05-16-2008, 08:37 AM
The Dragon would replace my old Desktop and analog TV/VCR in one hit.
YouTube ID: eruditepoo

yvsmadhav
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
In fairy tales, Dragons are shown as dangerous fire throwing monsters. But the Dragon of HP is definitely going to change my world for the better.The hardware and the software provided are going to make things rock for me both in my personal and professional life.The dragon combines the best of hardware and software. The dragon is truly what a laptop has to be- a real aide.

MY USER NAME IS yvsmadhav

NetSoerfer
05-16-2008, 09:26 AM
This thing is beyond insane. It's too expensive, it sucks up way too much energy for a notebook, it's too heavy, too big, and... it's frakking gorgeous, I want it!

This'll satisfy all my multimedia needs at once, at least at home. My 15.4in notebook would still be first choice for mobile use though :p

NetSoerfer
05-16-2008, 09:32 AM
This thing is beyond insane. It's too expensive, it's too big, too heavy, sucks up WAY too much energy for a notebook, and... it's frakking gorgeous, I want it!

(My 15.4in notebook would probably still be my first choice for mobile use though. :p)

youtube username: NetSoerfer

Asherayn
05-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Youtube Username: Asherayn

This laptop quite simply is amazing, if there's actually a word to describe it. If I won it, would make up for all the horrible things that have occurred over the past two years, and then some. I'd never need a tv I could get rid of my old pc, which I fear the motherboard is going to die soon, knowing me I'd not have a need for a computer for like the next five or six years. But I'm of the mindframeif it works keep using it until it dies, and pray that it's salvageable. I'm currently home at my mom's this laptop exceeds the specs my, mom's, and my sister's pc, and their laptops combined there's no way that any of these even come minutely close.

Just wow, that's really all I can say.

david-VBseo
05-16-2008, 11:17 AM
The dragon would rock my world by letting me do my work on the road and not have to worry about slow loading times for my big applications like photoshop and flash! Not to mention the countless hours of endless entertainment from watching movies and video games this will provide!

youtube username "refugeguild"!!

megame
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm a .Net developer and the Dragon looks like a great development-wise notebook, with a lot of power and its 64bit Vista can run VPCs with little effort; full-sized keyboard and large screen would make Visual Studio more comfortable then with my current notebook.
As an entertainment platform having remote, TV tuner, fantastic screen, Blue-Ray and great sound system this notebook would be central peace in our living room (right in front of my kid).

YouTube Account: ivanmegamezivkovic

nunofsc
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
The dragon would totally rock my world, because I'm a freelancer and I'm in need of a laptop. I have a desktop PC so it would be very useful if I could take my work and show it directly to my clients!

Besides, gaming in that laptop would be a blessing!

YouTube username: nunofsc

Omnibus
05-16-2008, 12:46 PM
The Dragon would firstly help my parents not have to pay for a new laptop, considering that I'm entering college this year!! Better yet though, The Dragon will seriously make me the God of gaming at the UCLA dorms. It is without a doubt that this beast will be the host to many PC gaming tournaments in the dorms and the machine behind the numerous movie nights. I just can't wait to see my roommate's face when he sees this on my shoulder... Or maybe in my suitcase considering its weight!

Youtube Username: aoilemon

samanthapayn
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
youtube username: anniehall4000

I would seriously love to win this freaking awesome beast of a computer! i'd give this to my mom, and she would be A LOT nicer to me, every time she would get mad at me i'd say "Dragon!" and she'd wouldn't be able to say a thing!

Oh, and your "Geek Lust" made me LOL all over the place, hahaha!

snoopfd
05-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Of course I'll be watching blu-ray movies in full HD, but for “real” productivity, the specs on this baby would comfortably allow me to run multiple virtual machines, host a proxy server (to get around that pesky web filter at work), and run 64-bit applications. 64-bit is like twice as good as 32-bit right? Think of the possibilities!

youtube:snoopfd

andrew_lee
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
I could run two different Linux distributions in virtuaI could run two different Linux distributions in virtual machines while I watch a Blu-Ray disc on the huge screen and speakers, and have a video chat at the same time.l machines while I watch a Blu-Ray disc on the huge screen and speakers, and have a video chat at the same time.

YouTube username: andrewlee1967

marqueslucio
05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
How would it Rock my World? I would do everything with it. I coul use it as a desk, for studing, or as an ironing board. I coul use it to attract women and then use it as a bed for... If I took it to the beach, I would use it as surfing board. And if I went camping, I would put it opened upside down, and use it as a Tent. You see, it changes everything, it's a new way of life.

And in free time I could even use it as a computer.

Youtube username: marquesdlucio

jimyeip
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Wow, I need this. Have been in the computer buz since the mid 60's (IBM Mainframes) and am amazed at how far we have come. At my age this would probably be the last computer I would buy (LOL). Am retired now and living in a smaller space so a laptop makes a lot of sense. Also, as we used to say in the old days...It's just plain cool !!

My username on YouTube is JamesAYeip

theclynn
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I love my laptop, but it does not meet my entertainment needs. I love playing the latest games and watching shows/movies on my computer (don't have a tv set). My husband is a musician and needs a good computer so he can edit his songs. This computer would certainly be enough for both of our needs, if we can avoid fighting over it!

youtube username: theclynn

mysticzzz
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
This is a awesome laptop . I would use it to watch blu-ray videos with the family. HDR photo slideshows would be great on this. my Youtube user name is mysticzzz

Robp
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Awesome machine! I drooled over the specs before your unboxing video. After the video, I just want one. Video editing and transferring all my wife's VCR tapes to DVD will be a breeze. I'll handle the weight and size. A small price for the performance. This Dragon is a monster. Saint George would not have stood a chance...

YouTube username RobP42

palewar
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
YouTube User name - palewar

I was not sure if I need to comment on youtube video or channel. I posted comment at both places. Hopefully you won't count that as duplicate comments.

Comment:

The Dragon will surely rock my world as I am looking for a computer which is right for me. My laptop is outdated now. I don't do much travelling so I think I can probably take this beast with me to office and then back to home. And its future ready config and power will ensure that I will keep using it for a long time. Changing computer is always an hassle. I also love the TV Tuner and FM receiver option. It would be good to listen to all these wonderful FM stations while working. Can even catch Cricket scores every now and then. And yes for my traveling needs I think I have other wonderful options like Air from Apple or all those 13 inches kittens from Sony or HP.

A_bug
05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
From YouTube (Account abugger):

abugger (http://ca.youtube.com/user/abugger) (32 seconds ago) Show Hide
http://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/pixel-vfl73.gif http://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/pixel-vfl73.gif

I am going to really revel in the sheer power of being able to play games and edit movies faster than ever before. I can throw away my TiVo - okay not throw it away but augment it with this gargantuan machine.

Here goes nothing,

A bug(ger)

Zman
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I would finally be able to replace my 8 year old HP laptop which has a 20GB HD and a 800mhz processor LOL! It still works like a charm though, go HP!

YouTube Username: z2895

0417igresm
05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
This would be the coolest thing to happen to me in, like, ever... My notebook totally sucks, it doesn't even have speakers anymore :( My username on youtube is 0417igresmoark, by the way...

danhibiki
05-16-2008, 04:38 PM
As a college student with extremely limited space, I don't have space for an entertainment center in my tiiiny apartment. This laptop would not only help increase my productivity, but it would allow me to feel like I have a modern entertainment PC. Youtube username: danhibiki916

hmasterson
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi! I've worked in the computer industry professionally since 1995. I recently donated my laptop computer (few years old) to a single mom of two kids who is enrolling in college but she didn't have a computer.

I'd love to win this as a replacement since I'm constantly using one to help troubleshoot/fix computers for my friends/family as well as work remotely if I'm on the road.

I miss having a laptop and appreciate your consideration!

A geek chick in Montana
Youtube username: hmasterson

Roaregg
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I dont know what to say, but thanks for giving us a chance of winning the Dragon. I'm currently searching the market for a new pc and this is just in time for me to be able to win the Dragon. This laptop would help me out a lot since i do everything online now. I'm doing my part to help the environment by going green/paperless.

Youtube username: Roaregg

Thanks.

malleycc
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
WOW this machine looks awesome. I would be the envy of my whole family! I posted on u-tube

u-tube id malleycc

I could play games, games and more games!!!!

cv4ever
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Q: How will the Dragon rock your world?
A: The Dragon would be perfect for me to spend some more quality time watching some movies on that big screen, and seeing as my father works abroad, it would be awesome to start doing some video calls to him. And of course. not forgetting to pick it up sometimes and going to play some games with my brothers.

Best of luck to everyone

YouTube username: cv4ever

slugbug
05-16-2008, 05:10 PM
My YouTube user name is slugbug55.
I've never owned a laptop of any kind before so something like this would rock my socks off :)

metsamees
05-16-2008, 05:13 PM
youtube account - jahum4gi

How would this awesome piece of invention rock my world? it would rock hard. I can have great opportunity to get a nice kick of to architectural world, designing and engineering projects. This computer is a great opportunity to me and even if i fail with my architectural dream, i have a back up plan, making a rock band and I'm serious, i play guitar and i love playing it. So this computer would work perfect for digital tuning and mixing control for the band. That's how it would rock my world^^:rolleyes:

krishnasanka
05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
This is just a dream, a dream which did not fit in to the 500 dream of YouTube. Read on....

% Dream start
% -------------------
Do you like a Dragon in your home? Well I do, if the dragon comes from HP's HDX Dragon stable.

With her 20.1" diagonal WUXGA High-Definition HP Ultra Brightview Widescreen she is all sharp and clear even if I chose to work under the shade of the nice mango tree outside my home. No, the wireless is not slow even if I got outside my home. She has the Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection. With the MIMO "N", she is faster that my desktop 100Mbps ethernet and is more reliable that "ABG" wireless.

Within her nice and clean scales, she has the 500GB 5400RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (250GB x 2). Yes, my external harddrives will be available on eBay soon. With her integrated eye (read webcam) and her cute ear (read Microphone), do I need to look elsewhere for my video blogs.

Thanks to her Fingerprint Reader, a mere touch is sufficient to open her up and not surprisingly, my wife is a bit jealous about that.

By the way, my 21" CRT TV, DVD player and audio system is also up for sale. With her being able to showoff using what she read from her Blu-Ray drive, using her 20.1" diagonal WUXGA High-Definition display and with the 4 Altec Lansing speakers with HP Triple Bass Reflex subwoofer, me and my wife have all that we need to enjoy a nice Sunday night. Oh yeah, the 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery ensure that we don't lug the power cord around when we watch the movie in the balcony.

Did you know that my first Blu-Ray movie was Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest? She brought along with her two more Bly-Ray discs: Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl and Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End. We (me and my wife) thank her for bringing along those amazing movies in that amazing Blu-Ray format.

I know what you are thinking - she is all beauty and no brains. Well, no. She comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) and
running on an Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X9000 (2.80GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB). She arms herself with Symantec Norton Internet Security
to help me catch all the viruses coming in via the blazing speed 802.11N Wifi. There is Microsoft Office for all my documents, Corel PaintShop
Pro X2 for editing the pictures for my blog, and Corel Ulead Video Studio Plus 11.5 for editing my video blog.

And yes, am working towards my flying license, thanks to her 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS and the Microsoft Flight Sim which she brought
along with her.

All right, back to work now... "Dragon, go fetch http://www.dsplog.com (http://www.dsplog.com/)".

% No ... dreams have no end.... http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Thanks for dreaming,
krishnasankarpillai

firthh
05-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I posted a comment on youtube with my username firthh yesterday. I got the registration confirmation for the forums today so I couldn't do it on the same time. Sorry for that. Winning this one would change my life because I've never really had my personal computer. I live in a small apartment without almost anything in it. Im using my 6 y/o computer wich is really slow, and I can't even use Photoshop on it. I'd really like to practice my Photoshop skills because I want to become a website graphics builder. Oh and good luck to everyone else too!

lwsm0610
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
The Dragon would ROCK MY WORLD because I am 7 months pregnant and expecting my second child, a girl. I already have so many videos and pictures of my son that I haven't been able to do anything with because our computer can't handle it and now I am only going to be adding TONS more to the load. I want to be able to take all of those memories and do amazing things such as video editing and digital scrapbooking to have all those memories last a lifetime.

YouTube username is lwsm0610:)

cathedraln
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
With this laptop all my dreams in programming may become real. Maybe i'll be someone in the computer world with it!

Best Regards

YouTube username: cathedraln

wouterdev
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
The dragon would rock my world because this movable beast would be my perfect buddy when I go to university, next year. I would use it to develop software (20 inch screen and lots of CPU power!!), to play games and watch movies (can't always be working, can I?) and to get into even crazier projects than last year :D

youtube: WouterDevinck

racol50
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I have never own a laptop, so this baby would definetly be a grand prize for me!! besides replacing my TV/VCR/GAME CONSOLE/DVD PLAYER and my typewriter :P (all in one)

Youtube User: racol50

Sharkee
05-16-2008, 07:08 PM
YouTube name: googolbyte

It is said in China that dragons are associated with strength, health, harmony and good luck.

Obviously, this Dragon has plenty of strength (2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Extreme X9000) which I would utilize to get back into doing my video editing. As for health, The Dragon’s 20.1 inch WUXGA screen would definitely help my aging eyes in editing my mass collection of photos.

The Dragon would rock my world because all these tasks would get done faster and I would be able to spend more time with my new bride and keep this house in harmony. (But then again, I can now get around to playing those new games that chug along on my old computer.) Oh, well, good luck to all of you!

becki023
05-16-2008, 07:14 PM
OMG!!! This is the best of the best notebooks. I have researched this against all 20" notebooks and this one is IT! I had a desktop and an old Toshiba and 2years ago my life changed. I had a stroke. My hubby took over the desktop and all I had left was this old laptop that I am using to this day. Can't use cam cuz it's 1.0 usb and cam runs really bad on it. The cam is the best part of it. Then comes the tuner for me. So, this is how this notebook is going to rock my world. :D

Youtube name: mypuffins

briguy992
05-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Youtube Username: briguy992

Honestly, as a games programmer I love machines like this because there's so much raw power for me to play with :D

ctmagnus
05-16-2008, 07:56 PM
YouTubez account cmagnusson2

HDR image creation. 'Nuff said.

Deemo
05-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Perfect for editting my photos from my Xsi!!
Double double!:D

GuruVideos
05-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I think that this is a great opportunity for everyone. You get to promote your site as well as your youtube reputation, and everyone out here gets a chance to win an amazing machine that is definitely a sign of more than just one step into the future of technological advancements in laptops and computers.

Youtube Username: GuruVideos

miriama59
05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
YouTube ID miriama59 Followed all your rules there and now I am here. :D

First thing, I would let this Toshiba go to my family since they feel the need to use it all the time anyway. Secondly, the dragon becomes mine, all mine. For nefarious reasons and oh yeah, basically because that is one amazing machine and I could do some great photo work on it. Amongst many other things...

:)

orenc
05-16-2008, 08:30 PM
This notebook would become my primary system (old system will be repurposed as a low-duty server) and triple boot Linux, FreeBSD (or other *BSD), and Vista. I would use it for work, programming, enjoying HD video, playing games, and anything I might think of in the future.

Youtube username: orenc

05-16-2008, 08:49 PM
The Dragon would rock my World because i would be able to do my music and video editing when im away at school without waiting to come home or bringing my Desktop Computer with me.

Kamo1er
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Youtube Username: Drblaster420 (http://ca.youtube.com/user/Drblaster420)
I have great confidence in winning this extraordinary machine. I will finally have a laptop all to myself and watch and play all the games and movies really fast and in high definition. HP computers are really good, I have one myself but its a kind of old and I can't really afford a new computer. It is a great laptop and I think it will rock my world wide web experience. Wish to all good luck and I thank Digital Home Thoughts for this great opportunity :)

tciprop
05-16-2008, 08:58 PM
The Dragon would rock my world because I would use it so much that my wife would leave me!

askmetips
05-16-2008, 09:13 PM
My Youtube ID: askmetips

Because of its Wide Screen, Disk Storage Space and High Memory Power, I will extend my Video Editing Business by using this Computer.

Thank you for giving us this chance.

919florida
05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
The Dragon would rock my world: My desktop is so old right now that it barely works half the time. I will be moving twice this year. I will be going between my two new places and also going back home to visit family. So I will be doing quite a bit of traveling. The Dragon would allow me to take my computer where I need to go, without sacraficing the productivity for what I need to do.

The Dragon also has all my entertainment options wrapped in to one, so I have it no matter where I am.

crossbyte
05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
The Dragon would certainly rock my world, it's pure awesomeness! Apart from its innumerable uses, it's just perfect for game programming! And, of course, it's far better than my desktop computer :D

YouTube username: crossbyte64

RTL
05-16-2008, 10:01 PM
YouTube user name: RidingTheLightning

I won't copypasta my spiel from YouTube over here too - doesn't seem necessary - but as I'm in the market for a new computer anyway I thought this would be well worth a shot. My laptop and I have this sort of hate-hate relationship and frankly I'm worried it's going to die altogether soon, or eat all this year's university work before my exams. Winning the Dragon would let me get the laptop before it gets me. Also it would allow me to swank at my brother, who not only broke his (lovely, powerful, self-built) computer last week but who believes he knows more about computers than I do. I could finally play Oblivion and HL2 - on a portable machine! - on their full graphics settings without shelling out hundreds I haven't got for a really good graphics and physics card setup... mod Oblivion without it dying at me every three minutes... store and play all my music with the sound quality it deserves... and adjust the screen to the right level, normally I have problems because I'm kind of tiny. Hooray for anthropometrics! And lovely shiny whizzy computers.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on quite that much. I seem to be getting carried away...

bmurphy
05-16-2008, 10:03 PM
What a great contest! This would be my main computer- and would finally be able to edit all my .avi files- I'm taking 5 days a week! I'm running out of space and processor power- and this would give me it all in one machine. Totally awesome!

katiusha
05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
I used to think about Dragons in terms of creatures very hard to kill in RPG's... The HP Pavillion HDX gave me a new perspective on what a Dragon is - a notebook very hard to top.

youtube username: katherinevk

neatbender
05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
YouTube: neatbender

Cool notebook, if I can call it like this, but it's rather a compact pc. :p Definetly would top my old Athlon, but I never win....so I wil lhave to wait 5 years to get one like this! :D

rrm74001
05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
YouTube Account: rrm74001

WIth this beautiful machine, I will be able to get rid of all the wires I have behind my current desktop computer. I have so many wires, it is getting difficult to know which wire goes to what! I will also be able to be more productive doing my passion, which is web design. With it's huge screen and bundles photo editing software and blu-ray drive, there is not reason why I could not get more work done.

Good luck to everyone! I am so excited!

steelebrett1
05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
The Dragon would allow me to get rid of the laptop my parents bought me for graduation 2 years ago. With this behemoth, I'd be able to have the space, power, and speed to watch HD movies, design websites, DJ parties on campus, and just enjoy life a lot more!

YouTube: steelebrett16

Agentcdog
05-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I would make a sweet picture for my wife and plaster it on the huge screen. Then it would rock her world. :0)

Youtube s/n same as here: agentcdog

mtnmedic
05-17-2008, 12:28 AM
My YouTube user name is: starmedic

FINALLY...a machine that looks like it will take Windows Vista by the horns. I've been dreaming of a machine that will take me to Vista and beyond...one that will replace my home-built XP desktop (actually was Windows 2000 at one point), open up some space while providing some great form and function that can only come from this beautiful laptop! Finally a machine that gets it all down together...the DRAGON and I'll be more than happy to use it fully and show it off!

purplegengar
05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow this would be an awesome laptop! I'm into digital photography and photo editing, and I've been trying to experiment with shotting in RAW, but the large file sizes slow my old computer to a crawl in PhotoShop. I bet the Dragon could eat up anything I tossed its way.

Youtube username: purplegengar

Asherayn
05-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Youtube Username: Asherayn

Getting this laptop would just rock my world, I'd be able to continue my further exploration and dabbling in 3D CGI imaging, and hopefully allow me to start making videos, along with more than likely speeding along the last half of my secondary education, I'm trying to major in video programming and design. This laptop would annihilate my need for the pcs in our house, my own outdated laptop, and I'll probably end up giving my laptop to my neice, she's almost two, to use for her baby sign language stuff. I'll probably disable most of the other things until she's old enough to use it. Without me having to go psycho with worry. I'd never have to worry about not having enough memory to run of my video editing programs and then having my comp crash cause it can't handle what I'm doing. Which then usually results in tears......

rmeadows7
05-17-2008, 01:36 AM
The Dragon would rock my world because I am going to school to be an IT Professional. I wanted to buy myself a new laptop to help me out but i could not do it because I have two little girls and they need things that are more important than me getting what I want. So I get that stuff and put my wants on the back burner getting cold. My wife says that one day I will get my own laptop but that day is getting further and further away every day. So you can see that if I had the Dragon I would be able to use it for school then also take it with me on in my career for years to come and not have to worry about my kids not getting what they need.

My YouTube Account: rmeadows7

RogueBullet
05-17-2008, 02:14 AM
I like to play a lot of games and watch movies, plus I need something to do work for school on. I would use the laptop to work on producing music and probably cure cancer (maybe not). Anyway, I also need something better than this 10 year old Toshiba Tecra

I really hope I win. the laptop I have now is starting to get really really slow and I don't have enough money to go get even a simple new one.:p

kenplz
05-17-2008, 02:18 AM
This laptop with the 20.1 inch screen can get my family out of their rooms to gather around that old forgotten living room again. First this laptop can change my life and the people around me. For instance, my sister wouldn't be sitting in her room the whole day anymore. Next, this laptop can fulfill my father's unattended dream. Finally, it would be a surprise for my mum because i can finally tell her that anything is possible.

Technophilic
05-17-2008, 02:21 AM
The HP HDX is going to rock my world. I'm going off to college this fall and this is the ultimate notebook computer. It's a true desktop replacement that will handle everything I throw at it (Full HD video, audio playback and editing, 3D emulations), and plus it will be able to run Crysis.:)
Youtube username: Technophilius

ssmanfredss
05-17-2008, 02:25 AM
YT Username is same as this one: ssmanfredss A computer that I didn't have to share with my wife...and actually runs FPS games? Oh yea! Working on video projects would be a breeze with the Dragon.

pjblack92
05-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Just had a baby girl on May 5th and this Dragon will help edit and burn video to DVD!!

Liwis
05-17-2008, 02:43 AM
It will replace my old pc for sure and monitor and speakers, it will give me more room on my desk, doesn't have to deal with for many cables anymore and when electricity down I still keep on working and watching movies or playing games whatever I do at that time, I can listening to music while I working with my notebook, I can play games, watch movies, working, watching TV, listening to music with one single gadget so doesn't have to turn on TV or radio or dvd player. Thanks HP and Buzz corp and Digital Home Thoughts.

Liwismail

tamoochin
05-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Since I am a student, I am always renting rooms, and not laptops nor pcs don't fulfill my needs. I need something with a big screen to watch TV, and also play games, and the most important thing is, to move it once in a file from one place to another. I should also say that this HP looks like a copyof the XPS laptop from the Dell with some modification. Who doesn't want to win this gadget guys. But If you are a Hardcore player, I should say that it is not suitable for you guys.
ps: My youtube username is:"tamoochin3071"

IsaacDFP
05-17-2008, 03:03 AM
The Dragon would rock my world because it is simply out of this world!! I have a huge Dell XPS desktop as home that you cannot never move after it's been setup, but with a machine as powerful as the Dragon, the word "Mobility" comes back in my vocabulary. I am a network administator student, with this kind of power, I can fully practice anywhere I go. A 64-bit is not made for games, so this will trully be nothing but a work of art :D I am also a music mixer and this kind of mobility will help me so much as I can work on an idea as soon as i get instead of waiting to be home and trying not to forget it.

(Youtube Username: IsaacDFP)

PCJohnson
05-17-2008, 03:04 AM
This thing seems as portable as my microwave, but I would love to throw some major video editing tasks at it. My current video editing computer just celebrated its third birthday and was slow to run Premiere v1.5, so I can't wait to see what this machine can do with CS3. Besides, it just looks too awesome to not want one.

(ProfJohnson on YouTube)

abhishek.a01
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
youtube id : rahulsinghania01

Dragon HDX would rock my world because as a being software engineer i always love tecnology. I love to watch movies,play games,try new software into my PC. Need not to say that this HDX would completely change my whole experience whether its game,Bluray movie,gaming experience, sounds, new software. It will also allow me to get my dreams photos using photo editing software.It will allow me to get more productive at my workplace. Because i believe that no one would have this laptop.

solutionpc
05-17-2008, 03:22 AM
The Dragon will rock my world because it is by far the most kick-a$$ laptop ever made, since Bruce Lee made the movie Enter the Dragon. This computer would buy back my freedom of computing from the wife unit and would empower me to re-Enter the Dragon of high-end video games, web sites creation, photo and video editting to name a few...thank you for the opportunity of owning such a technological marvel.

YouTube username: solutionpc

kraftsingle
05-17-2008, 04:01 AM
The Dragon would definitely rock my world. I enjoy recording music, listening to music, watching movies, computer games, and photography. The thought of what it is capable of makes me drool. The Dragon could take me places my computer never will!

Youtube Username: KraftSingle27

warefly
05-17-2008, 04:03 AM
This dragon would not rock my world. IT WOULD CREATE IT!!! I am currently a student in high school which requires me to be in the library a lot for projects I have. Sometimes I feel embarrassed about the librarie´s computer being better than mine. Most people want it for games, but I want it to be able to turn it on! What do I mean by this? Well with the dragon I will finally be able to do my work at home. My current computer wont turn on most of the time. Most kids want a ps3...I want a dragon!!!

My youtube accounts name is warefly :D

rynax009
05-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Rocky!With this Dragon lappy so I can get rid of the desktop pc.I can do everything I want with this one,video and audio editing and even connect PS3 with it!Cool!

Youtube username:rynax009

joey1400g
05-17-2008, 04:57 AM
The Dragon would rock my world out of orbit. I would be able to give my old computer to my dad,since he cant afford one, and have an awesome computer to replace it. Since I am 14, I will be going to high school next year and a sweet computer like this would help me get through all those annoying reports. Also, I am extremely tech savvy and love to work with technology. When I get older I want to work for a company like Cisco. I would explode from excitement if I had a computer like this.

Youtube Username: Joey1400g

Hooch Tan
05-17-2008, 05:08 AM
The Dragon could rock my world by:
1) Allowing me to travel through time (with the help of a flux capacitor)
2) Prove my leet skillz (by helping me complete an interocitor)
3) Fix all technical problems (if I can reverse its polarity)
4) complete my namesake (being born in the Year of the Dragon)
5) Make my friends green with envy (it's been a long time since I was in the lead)
6) Impress my clients (being a freelance consultant)

YouTube Username: fyresyght

sharkhead785
05-17-2008, 05:11 AM
My YouTube name is Sharkhead7854, of course im subscribed
the dragon would rock my world because right now, my computers so messed up and slow that im on my brothers computer right now
besides, i cant afford anything else that would rock my world lol

BugDoc
05-17-2008, 05:18 AM
How will the Dragon rock my world?

Instead of having an old out-of-date laptop running Windows Me, we'll have a multimedia machine capable of handling anything my family can throw at it (figuratively speaking of course).

YouTube User Name: global94

ghimb2000
05-17-2008, 05:48 AM
The dragon will truly rock my world! HDTV? Bleeding edge games? Top of the notch Media Center? Dragon is the answer for all my needs and my wants!

Youtube username: ghimb2000

hcrumbs
05-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Nice video. It will replace my old desktop and be given to the kids so they can play their games, keeping them outta my hair every night while in the middle of something. Later, the family to sit around and stare at the screen with amazement while watching a blu ray disc.

YouTube user: HarryCrumbs

metamorphasi
05-17-2008, 07:08 AM
The Dragon will rock my world by allowing me to finally do video editing that I can SEE! I do editing on a laptop with shared memory, so all my video editing for friends, family, and my own films is choppy and impossible to truly monitor. Now I will be able to see my work before I export it! This will also allow me to start up my video recording/editing business since I'll have something that can truly handle it!

Youtube username: metamorphasi

WyldeStile
05-17-2008, 07:09 AM
With all of he multimedia and gaming goodness that HP packs into this notebook...errr...desktop replacement, I will be the envy of everyone at the LAN parties that I go to.

praval1983
05-17-2008, 07:59 AM
My Youtube username : praval1983 (http://ca.youtube.com/user/praval1983)

This machine is awesome! It shall help me running a complete webserver at home apart from playing blue-ray movies, games of hi video definition, etc! Cool!

iggyzizzle
05-17-2008, 08:15 AM
How will the Dragon rock my world?

I will be able to do anything possible that I could ever think of doing with a computer. I could also throw out this outdated Dell.

YouTube User Name: iggyzizzle

abold
05-17-2008, 08:55 AM
It would allow me to spend more time on what I love doing(web, graphic design), and develop my skills as a designer at the best extent.

Youtube username: abold

gr8ankit
05-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Youtube User: gr8ankit2
My dad works in Share Market. He needs a larger screen for tracking more shares at a time. My mom is a TV freak. Dragon internal TV tuner fits her excitement requirement :)

I'm techno freak! Blogging, Web Development are my work hobbies. Dragon perfectly meets the need of my family. & lastly if I won that I will be going to terrace of my house and shout 3 times! I HAVE WON d DRAGON!

That was 1 only, I HAVE WON d DRAGON! I HAVE WON d DRAGON!-Echo effect :)

So when should I contact u? ;)
So here is my entry in the forrrrrrrummmmmmmmssss also :)

I'm Ankit Duseja from India.

tomtaydyl
05-17-2008, 10:57 AM
How would the "DRAGON" rock my world. Well it certainly would replace my currently 5 year old laptop that has diminished in my eyes and I would revel in the existence of owning a pure decked out machine which would play everything in gaming and rock a house with its media. The ever Huge widescreen would make this gaming experience a dream to everybody that can just only imagine what it would be like. The 'DRAGON' is the ultimate machine. :eek:

YouTube username: tomtaydyl

PerKristian9
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi, my name is Per-Kristian Nilsen, I'm a 15 year old guy from Bergen, Norway.

I'm going to start this 'story' by telling you a little about my own, current computer.

It's a soon-to-be six years old stationary Compaq with a NVidia Geforce 400 MX graphics card, 512 MB of RAM, 120 GB harddrive, and Intel Pentium 4. And you know what? It works just fine! Can you believe that?! It's never even been repaired!
My family has always used Compaq/HP computers, because we are being offered new HP PCs every 3 years.

Now, over the laptop I'm trying to get my hands on here.
I saw that the computer had 4 GB of memory. I've heard that people have around that amount of memory, but just now I realized that that's almost 8 times better than mine! Crazy.
I think this laptop will be PERFECT for me, since I am an addicted gamer and programmer and well.. I guess that sums up to "Übergeekz0rzftw" and I'm quite sure people will think that I have no friends and feel sorry about me, if I win. But guess what. They won't have their own Dragon :>
Oh, and by the way, I DO have friends. Just to make that clear.

This laptop will suit my gaming needs perfect! Not only will I get an insanly better experience, but I will also be able to bring this over to my friends! Or LAN parties! Maybe even LAN parties over at some friend's house! :P

When it comes to programming, the PC will also be very helpful, since I currenly don't have much RAM, which makes the program slow. Doesn't slow down my programming though;) I'm fast as hell:P :>

A little about my other hobbies: I'm the drummer in a band. Started playing drums when I was 11, but I took a long break, and started up again a couple of months ago. Having a laptop would actually also come in handy: I could bring it, so the other bandmembers could download tabs from the internet! I bet they'll do some other stuff I won't mention, as soon as I turn my back aswell. Oh well.

I'm also a traceur and a freerunner. A traceur is a person who does parkour. It's a diciplin which is becoming more and more popular these days. The concept is to get from A to B as fast and effectively as possible, using just your body. Almost all traceurs put out videos on websites like youtube, with them practicing parkour.
A freerunner is someone who does Free Running. Many people mix Parkour and Free Running, so they think it's the same thing. However it's not. Free Running contains unnecessary vaults and flips.

Anyway, I hope I'll be one of the winners of 31 Days of the Dragon! *fingers crossed*

-Per Kristian

lilyk
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
The Dragon would rock my world by allowing me to have my own computer so I won't have to bug my fiance to let me use his. :p I could surf the Internet to my heart's content and watch the tv shows that I want to see. My YouTube username is mslilyk.

jlowell
05-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I am a military spouse who's wife is in the Air Force. And I am a stay at home dad as well. And of course I would love a laptop especially one as nice as this one. This Machine would fit in nicely with the way I have to work around the house chasing a little one from room to room. (3.5 year old son) I like the way you did your video review of the Dragon. I always like seeing whats in the Box. And cudos to HP for having a nice getting started manual in the box as well.
(Noggin on the Dragon) My son loves Noggin on Nickelodeon.

jlowell3740 on Youtube

Thanks

ddRbb
05-17-2008, 11:48 AM
youtube user id :: ddRbb

hey there! ...

with James Hetfield rockin with his band... and some real cool games like Gears of War.... and the best of animation tools wooing me... this Dragon sure can rock this guy's world :D

Maryfbz
05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi there!

- I commented on your video with the same nickname: Maryfbz.
- I subscribed to your channel.
- Here I am with another comment here.

I said on Youtube that the Dragon would rock my world by replacing the old Toshiba I have, and giving me more features and more games. Let's not compare the incomparable. HP rocks. Full stop.

My email is: internationalfreebies AT gmail DOT com

BeDreamyGirl
05-17-2008, 12:47 PM
My Youtube username is the same as in here: BeDreamyGirl (http://ca.youtube.com/user/BeDreamyGirl)
The Dragon will rock my world for: 1-It will be the first dragon in my life. 2- It will so very much crash my laptop. 3- It will open up new opportunities for me, namely getting back to photography and spending my money on a new digital cam instead of a new notebook.

derciasilva
05-17-2008, 01:40 PM
"How will the Dragon rock your world?"
i would certainly be the greatest geek girl alive if i had this, or at least i would feel the greatest :cool:

you tube username: derciasilva

imacamper
05-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Finally a notebook that can replace a desktop! I have always wanted to have just one portable workstation but most notebooks just don't have the horsepower to handle gaming, encoding video, and playing back HD content. Thus, I have my desktop for the horsepower and an underpowered notebook for light duty tasks and DVD playback when traveling. I'd love to have one device for everything.

dqw5644
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
This computer is amazing. I'm about to have a baby -- which means two major changes for me. First, I'll be working from home -- so I need a top of the line computer and one that is portable. Second, I live in a NYC apartment and am cramped for space. We want to replace our desktop with a laptop for that reason. This computer is exactly what we need, for a computer that will work for work and life.

Kayepur
05-17-2008, 03:02 PM
This computer would enable me to do everything i currently need 2 desktops, 1 laptop, a tv, and a stereo to do. I would no longer have to vy for TV time with my husband, and i could search and mix songs from here to the moon if i had that much power under my fingertips.

YouTube username: kayepur
:cool:

LiveShooter
05-17-2008, 03:05 PM
My Youtube username is: LiveShooter and I've also subscribed and commented on the video.

Vipralion
05-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Winning the Dragon would completely rock my world shifting it totally from what I thought I'd be able to have anytime in the next few years as a student studying web development!

The media, gaming, and productivity, capabilities of this beast of a machine would absolutely be taken advantage of! It's just unfathomable how much I would absolutely love and use the Dragon for... everything!

YouTube Username: Vipralion

P.Overdrive
05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Getting one of these wouldn't just rock my world.. it'd change my life, or at least help me get part of it back. I was forced to sell my desktop a while ago in order to pay for university, and being an IT/graphic design student doesn't help as I *really* need a PC for my studies. Seeing as how there isn't a lot of space in my room, the Dragon would be the perfect choice for me.

YouTube username: poverdrive

Larrabee92
05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I think I post twice at youtube, I post my message @

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=clyCeze93BU (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=clyCeze93BU)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p>and</o:p>
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThoughtsMedia

ant that's the same? I realy sorry, please give me a chance and dont delete me in the competition... :(

My message:
----
It would give me a better experience of games, design and windows Vista,I realy like this OS! <o:p></o:p>
I would be happy to upgrade from my old Radeon 9800 to a 8800GTS. Watch full HD films, entertain myself and family and I would use the HP HDX for my studies.<o:p></o:p>
This is one of the most powerful and best notebooks,if not the best one. It's the perfect match of performance and design. I can only dream of this beauty. Although my chances are almost null,I hope I can get a chance to win this 20.1" machine!<o:p></o:p>

My username is the same: Larrabee92

the andyman
05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
The dragon would rock my world as I would finally be able to do some productive computing on a powerful machine that has at least double (in most case 4 times!) the power/specs for each of its components than my current bulky desktop. It would also be good for me to take away to university next year where I hope to study computing and will need a powerful beast of a machine like this for work and play :p

YouTube username: randomandyman

sushrukh
05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
How will the Dragon rock your world ?

It would simply change (or rock i should say) my whole world of computing as my current PC would look crap compared to this Dragon.

Always wanted a good laptop, never could afford one.So, getting this Dragon would change my way of doing things.I would be able to play 3D games on the gorgeous & crystal clear 20.1" screen with 1920x1200 resolution using the Nvidia Geforce 8800 card, i will be able to watch Blue-ray movies on it.I can go on & on about this marvellous product.The Dragon will take everyone's breath away & is a sure shot head turner which will rock my world.

YouTube Username :- sushrukh78

Btw, i think, posting a comment on the Youtube video & on the ThoughtMedia channel aren't same.Are they ? So, i've posted 1 comment in each of the sections.1 in the Youtube video comments section & 1 comment in the ThoughtsMedia channel's comment section.

I hope that's ok ? Please lemme know.Thanks. :)

Heatwave316
05-17-2008, 04:43 PM
First, my username on YouTube is Heatwave316.

This is just an unbelievable computer, and I sooooo hope I win!!! The whole thing would work out great. I can give my current computer to my brother. He's moving into his 1st apartment on June 1, and has no computer. His poor iPod will be sad.

sara
05-17-2008, 04:45 PM
How would winning the Dragon rock my world?

I am working on computer animations, it will rock my animation world!!!!

send2parvez
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
The Dragon could rock my world by changing the way we look at laptop:

1. For me it will be Work box, where i can work with my mails/Words/excel files etc
2. For my brothers, its Game Box, where he can play lots of games.
3. For my sisters, its Music box where she can listen her favorite's songs.
4. For my friends, its power video, edit, create video.photos faster than ever before.
5. For my fathers, its quick access to news using Internet.
6. For my mom, its moment of pride.
Regards,
India

Youtube ID: http://ca.youtube.com/user/send2parvez

sofene
05-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow! This is utterly unbelievable. Who would ever have thought that a notebook would be this powerful. This is possibly the answer to our drilling engineering on site training needs - a powerful machine that can run well control simulations and also carry out real time well control calculations.

YouTube username: sofene

SabineBak
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I can't say how lucky I would be if I win this amazing laptop! It would defiantly change my life, I would get a much faster computer, with much more space, and it would also be wonderful, now when I'm going to college, with all the homework's and all of that, it would be amazing to have enough space at my computer to it. And just for once being apple to listen to music on my computer, because the sound on my currently laptop is terrible! - And yes, it would be nice to play games on it too.

YouTube username: SabineBak

theon
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
This will replace the desktop for sure.

YouTube Username: theonneo

Stanleymax1
05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
This is an awesome machine this could handle anything that you throw at it,

Youtube Username Stanleymax1

Drax
05-17-2008, 07:58 PM
This machine would rock my world so much that I probably would faint if I could get my hands on one. This is not a sob story, but my desktop broke so now I'm stuck with an ancient laptop which can barely go on youtube.com. But anyway, I'm a gamer an artist and words cannot describe how much this bundle would mean to me. I would finally be able to start designing on a proper machine instead of having to use my friends computer for all my work. I'd actually be able to go online with my friends and meetup with some old MMO buddies. And with this machine, there is no doubt in my mind that I will become ten times more productive as a human being. Bottom line: this is a godsend, good luck to all.

You Tube Account: lalaborat

jbworld
05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
How it is rocking my world: Everybody is always nagging me that I sit in my room too much. With this laptop, I will sit outside doing the same. How cool is that?

YouTube: jbworldTheHun

Gundam048
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I would finally be able to play more recent games as my current laptop is really old. Best game it could play was Diablo 2. Now I can play games like World of Warcraft.
I can finally bring a laptop to class that looks amazing. I would watch movies in class, especially the 3 hour long night classes. The Dragon would definitely grab the ladies' attention during lecture. I'll never fall asleep in class again while watching movies with all the girls. ;)

YouTube Account: Gundam048

elatsch
05-17-2008, 09:13 PM
This machine would totally rock my world. As a doctoral student studying biomedical science, I am currently in my tenth year of college and I have NEVER OWNED A NOTEBOOK PC (that just seems wrong). This PC would be sweet for viewing the 3D pics of cancer cells that I take on the confocal microscope. Also, I would use the pc for writing my dissertation and analyzing all of my data. Plus, I could use it to watch movies and play games in my free time (which I don't really have).

youtube username: pandalats

thanks!

ernestmac13
05-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm drooling over this killer laptop, because its more of a multi-media machine than most desk top machines. The fact it can support a High Def resolution image means, with one of those USB High Def decoders, I can watch true high def on this bad boy. I have only standard TVs in my house. It also means, I can edit high def video once I get a high def camera. Right now I shoot digital photos and digital video as a hobby, but this monster would let me take my hobby and make it a business. I currently have a Dell insperion 2650 which can't be expanded beyond its current 512 MB of Ram, and updating the 1.6 Ghz CPU is pointless due to the slow bus speed. I bet the Dragon can run the Avid video editing program in High def without any problem. I wonder if it will run OSX, duel booting it might be cool for final cut pro. I just joined this cool site today, so hopefully the powers at large get this in time to make me eligible for the laptop.

Good luck everyone, and if I don't win, hurray for who ever does win. Please post a Youtube video of the bad boy in action, show us what software they included, how fast it boots up, runs programs etc. Of course, don't use your regular e-mails, usernames, etc as there are haters out there.

Have a great day:D

Drilon
05-17-2008, 09:21 PM
HDX9200 would rock my world by helping me through my architecture university, other than that, the Dragon would be my entertainment center in terms of watching movies, playing the latest games (which would be no problem for this desktop replacement machine), and watching TV.
That's one lean mean powerful machine.

YouTube nickname : drilon889

Phil_123
05-17-2008, 09:31 PM
My YouTube username is phil123klc.

I use a P4 2.0Ghz computer with only 512MBs of RAM, and it's a pain for me to get Visual Studio 2005, Firefox with lots of tabs open, or video editing to run smoothly. The Dragon will me multitask my daily tasks without lagging, watch full HD videos, play the latest games, store lots of stuff, and get me switched to Vista. And it can help me unclutter my desktop of my desk! It will definately run Folding@Home much faster. Most importantly: it blends, it plays Doom, and it plays Crysis!

VisualScript
05-17-2008, 09:48 PM
The HDX9200 is simply the best, most designer and sophicated laptop today.
Compared to the DELL 20', which didn't originally have the 1080p option - no lightscribe option and the cost is simply out of this world, HP has once again shown they are hard to beat.

I do own a DELL X51v which I believe out did HP and I wish DELL would have not stopped the line, or at least update to WM6.

However, when it comes to Laptop's - HP is simply raising the bar.

The feature set alone speaks for itself, however most impressive is the cost.
Add a Blueray Burner with Lightscribe and nothing to touch this - accept of course a larger screen which I assume we will one day reach the 24'inch mark.

Thank you Digital Home Thoughts for this awesome opportunity.
Good luck to all that enter the contest.

VisualScriptures.Org

YouTube User ID: VisualScripturesOrg

MontyPie
05-17-2008, 09:48 PM
This laptop to me is a "AAA" desktop killer that I would be to impressed with to simply let stay in my room but rather enjoy the comfortableness of the lounge to gain appreciation from guests. Jon Boni said no man is an Island, I seriously doubt that, with this I will eventually and ultimately prove I can be an island. watch bluray movies, play current pc games, heavy user multitasking, harddrive for music, watch tv, Huge screen. What else is there, much more.

username: aoshivx

kcbang24
05-17-2008, 10:11 PM
The Dragon would spare me the back pain of dragging my desktop around, without compromising the performance of a desktop!

YouTube acct: kcbang24

CrystalSkull
05-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Owning the Dragon would dramatically improve my work potential. I work as a language teacher in courses for adult learners of English, German and Russian, and as a translator.

I'd be able to use in my language classes not just to play audio, not dragging amplifiers with me. I'd be able to use video content more than before.

But best of all, this system would take my translation work to a new level. Apart from the bulk of translating texts from a number of fields, I've also had the chance to get involved in translating films. Yet, my current technology is the limit. Instead of doing text translation for other people to turn it into actual subtitles, I could use the machine to do the work myself directly.

And, on top of other things, it would give so much pleasure ... Also, a couple of people would turn green with envy ...

If I win it, many people will benefit from that, not just me.

My Youtube ID: so880088

Fingers crossed! Good luck to everybody.

Jeff_R
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
My YouTube username is ti1701. As I said there, this laptop would allow me to create and show amazing presentations for my film company business. From trailer clips to powerpoint presentations, I could let distributors and investors see, on a big screen, why they should be part of the project, regardless of where we were. It would not only rock my world, but help me rock everyone else's world by getting my movies made! :)

tlc5
05-17-2008, 10:39 PM
This would rock my world because I don't have a laptop at all and to have one like this would be awesome!

Weezphili
05-17-2008, 10:46 PM
The dragon will support both me, my games, my studies and most importantly medical research. I plan to use it for distributed computing since it is such a powerful platform.

Maybe this computer will find a cure for cancer?

Youtube account: Weezphili

jay71603
05-17-2008, 11:23 PM
The dragon would rock my world, because my current desktop is how do you say (dated) and soon I'll be going off to college and we all know that a good PC is neccsary. But my family i'snt the richest in the world so one like this ^ is totally out of the question. They wouldn't even entertain the thought of me asking for a computer like this. So if you can please take me into consideration when you pick the winner of the contest. (Have a great day!!)

My Username is: Jay71603

jazboy01
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
youtube userid : jazboy01

Dragon will rock my world completely whether its professional life,gaming experience, movies,software,3D experience,photo editing tools.I don't hav tv but if i win this laptop then i needn't to buy tv at all.It has all the feature which anyone can think,whether its HDMI,1080P etc. Now i can make my friends jealous.Now days has gone when i get used to jealous whenever they used to show me their tiny Mac airbook laptop. Because this laptop has built with such features which no other laptop in planet has these features.

zwaldowski
05-18-2008, 12:16 AM
My YouTube ID is DizzyTech. As I said on the 'Tube, to win the Dragon would entirely revolutionize my digital media world. I've never been able to have a high-powered entertainment computer, and getting this would be great. I'd love to eventually have one, as the Dragon would totally change the way I interact with computers. Have a good day, and Mazel Tov to whoever wins it.

bystander
05-18-2008, 12:30 AM
What a wonderful machine and a wonderful contest on a wonderful website.

Thanks for the opportunity as well as for hosting a wonderful site for our education and improvement.

My utube account name is searcher2find

I make numerous presentations to groups and to possible partners for my non-for-profit educational organization (501-c-3) in Kentucky.

This device would open my world of image sharing and video demonstration which could revolutionize my outreach opportunity.

School kids and others who benefit from the orgaization could be the ones to benefit from greater levels of donations.

Thank you for the contest and giving me an opportunity.

slayxrex01
05-18-2008, 01:09 AM
YouTube name: electric07

this laptop will rock my world... it has a huge screen, amazing video card, fast processor, tons of memory, and with this dragon laptop i will be able to cure world hunger, poverty, and global warming... think about it... =)

mgadler
05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
This will be a great addition that will let start enjoying Blu-Ray movies! It will be a nice component in the new media room I anm designing and allow me to take my media on the road.

YouTube: mgadler

Banadoora
05-18-2008, 01:25 AM
If I were to win this product, my life will change so much for the better. I won't have to share the computer I have anymore with the rest of the family, and I can finally play the most recent games as this computer is also 6 years old and building up quite a bit of dust. I will also be able to play my Xbox 360 in my room, as the Dragon has an HDMI port I think after watching your video. (Hopefully I'm not too late for this post :o )

Youtube Username: Banadoora

Snappy70
05-18-2008, 01:38 AM
The HP Dragon will rock my world by giving me the opportunity to paly all the awesome PC games I've been missing out on, watch my favorite movies in stunning 1080p, store all my media on a large hard drive, begin learning about game develpoment, interact with people in new ways, and finally, relax knowing that I have a dependable, powerful notebook that won't disapoint me in any way.

Youtube account: creativedude92

pejango94
05-18-2008, 02:00 AM
For once, I would like to walk into any store and pick up ANY current game and buy it with confidence that my laptop can handle anything I throw at it. Winning this monstrous laptop would definitely rock my world in so many different levels!

Youtube Account Name: mystify94

partofme007
05-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Picture this: A young, brilliant student of aerospace engineering is utterly bored during his flight dynamics lecture (yes, this happens a lot). Instead of channeling his focus to the local paper's sudoku or crossword, he could take this opportunity to fire up MATLAB. Then he could let two cores loose on equations of orbital dynamics in order to send his senior project to Mars. Better yet, he could take the moment to learn flight dynamics the way it should be learned: Microsoft Flight Sim.

YouTube ID is also partofme007

John Lane
05-18-2008, 02:27 AM
I would use it in my nascent photo hobby - I could show the entire hockey teams the photos right after the game. The coolest features to me are the eSATA port and the coax.

Cool!

OldTimer97
05-18-2008, 02:28 AM
GottchaAgain345345 on YouTube

I've been looking forward to this contest for a while now. This computer would enable me to do some of the things I enjoy, but am currently unable to do because of a severe famine of RAM.

killeriller0
05-18-2008, 02:48 AM
How would the Dragon rock my world?

I could go to lan parties with my friends!!! it is the coolest laptop ever!

Love your site!

Bob Christensen
05-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Wow! What a laptop. Winning this would rock my world, first, by saving me a bundle of money since I'm in the market for a new laptop (couldn't afford this one!).
Second, since I retired I've become the PC support for my family and this laptop would provide some serious entertainment as I go from home to home performing my duties.

My YouTube account name is: rkchris

ernestmac13
05-18-2008, 03:07 AM
You sure are dedicated, I'm glad they are learnin more and more about cancer every day. The link with the HPV virus is both scary, and hopeful as the HPV vaccines may prevent various cancers.

Keep up the great work.

This machine would totally rock my world. As a doctoral student studying biomedical science, I am currently in my tenth year of college and I have NEVER OWNED A NOTEBOOK PC (that just seems wrong). This PC would be sweet for viewing the 3D pics of cancer cells that I take on the confocal microscope. Also, I would use the pc for writing my dissertation and analyzing all of my data. Plus, I could use it to watch movies and play games in my free time (which I don't really have).

youtube username: pandalats

thanks!

cotafla
05-18-2008, 03:35 AM
How will the Dragon rock my world?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I have been working in the field on Occupational Therapy for over 13 years. From 2 months old all the way to 102 years old. I help people learn or relearn those normal tasks that most of never think about. After reading the news today that Senator Kennedy may have had a stroke (He did not at last report). My first thought was what abilities may he have lost. We call them ADL’s or Activities of Daily Living. <o:p></o:p>
A link to a quick definition. <o:p></o:p>
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2152 (http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2152)<o:p></o:p>
Occupational Therapy covers just about everything.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.aota.org/Pubs/OTP/1997-2007/Features/2003/f-042103.aspx (http://www.aota.org/Pubs/OTP/1997-2007/Features/2003/f-042103.aspx)<o:p></o:p>
After ADL’s we more on to IADL’s or Instrumental Activities of Daily Living.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.abramsoncenter.org/PRI/documents/IADL.pdf (http://www.abramsoncenter.org/PRI/documents/IADL.pdf)<o:p></o:p>
Electronic Activities of Daily Living using computers to help people in there everyday tasks.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.icta.ufl.edu/gt.htm (http://www.icta.ufl.edu/gt.htm)<o:p></o:p>
The next come trend is Robotic Activities of Daily Living.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.rehabrobotics.org/ (http://www.rehabrobotics.org/)<o:p></o:p>
Honda’s Asimo robot. <o:p></o:p>
http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/ (http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/)<o:p></o:p>
As smart at the Geeks are who can make these most amazing things. If they are some of the same people who made my very simple cell phone. Which has no camera, no MP3 player and no video display. It does have a rubber shell and hits the floor at lot during therapy which is nice. However the instruction booklet printed in font “1” was unreadable to me. I had to down load the PDF file, the booklet is 254 pages long. I just make phone calls no texting because it to small to read.<o:p></o:p>
I have been learning about programming now for a year because Occupational Therapists are going to have to teach people how to use this stuff. My current laptop cannot help me help other. My Dragon would rock my world by changing the world for those I care for.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks<o:p></o:p>
cotafla<o:p></o:p>

sku11
05-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Excellent contest...it's very very nice if get this laptop. I can do a lot of things with this laptop ( play hardcore 3D games, convert video in HD format, etc....):D

my youtube ID is sku11

burtcom
05-18-2008, 03:58 AM
burtcom at youtube sez:

This would rock my world -- finally a laptop with the oomph for decent flightsimming!

xanict
05-18-2008, 04:08 AM
I posted on here about it and my youtube name (xanict) but when I checked the video comments, my comment was not there? I had commented on there and here on why it would "Rock my world", is it too late to make a correction or am I no longer in the contest.

pilotz69
05-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Finally a laptop I can do some video editing on the go!!

My YouTube account name is: ScooperJay

harrisdapogi
05-18-2008, 04:46 AM
The Dragon will really rock my world because I can play my favorite FPS games anywhere! Neat!
youtube username: harrisdapogi

Justia97
05-18-2008, 04:48 AM
The Dragon will rock my world because it will allow my family to replace our ancient desktop with this powerhouse!

youtube username: Justia97

Jason Dunn
05-18-2008, 05:02 AM
The contest is now closed - no further entries will be allowed or counted. Please watch the front page in the next hour or two where I'll announce the winner. Thanks for entering everyone!

Disturbedboy
05-18-2008, 05:03 AM
i hope i'm not too late... i really want this computer! lol... my youtube sn is Disturbedone307, btw this is an awesome contest.

Jason Dunn
05-18-2008, 06:05 AM
I've done my random drawing, and the winner is XiledSoldier. (http://www.youtube.com/user/XiledSoldier)Please check the front page for more details...

Thanks for participating everyone! :D

krew402
05-18-2008, 06:06 AM
This laptop will rock my world because I am involved in a work that changes people's lives. thus, not only will it rock my world, it will rock the nations and the world. i am currently a full-time staff for campus crusade out in la. (www.ccci.org) i work with especially the ethnic groups on university of california, santa barbara. i will be transferring to cal berkeley soon as a campus diretor there. the reason why i am applying for this contest is because i've recently have been disappointed by hp. i've purchased hp 1120us for a very good price over at fry's during their sales event. i personally prefer tablets because not only am i involved in campus ministry, but i do ministry presentations, IT work for our regional office since i majored computer science in UC Irvine, video editing for ministry music videos, and some music editing majorly for choreographing as i head a hiphop dance ministry named, "impact". so you see, i need another replacement as soon as possible for my heavy usage on my laptop, assisting all these important works. I raise financial support for my ministry and personal needs, so getting a new laptop doesn't happen overnight. By God's Will, if i do get this laptop.. i hope the motherboard does not burn out on me like it did for 1120us. i am confident that i will be maximizing the full potential of the dragon for its power, speed, video capability, versatile connectivity, ability to reproduce medias, etc. thank you for doing what you do. i really appreciate all the ~thoughts.com, especially, pocketpcthoughts.com! it has been my favorite since i picked up the first generation of ipaq.. a looooooooooong time ago when i was a student. :)

brown88
05-18-2008, 06:13 AM
congratulations!:) i hope u really enjoy the laptop.

Jason Dunn
05-18-2008, 06:18 AM
The winner has been announced here:

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/89178/31-days-of-the-dragon-and-the-winner-is.html

ernestmac13
05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Congrads on wining the laptop, it sounds like you'll make good use of it.
Now the hard part will be the waiting for it to arrive, lol.
Enjoy.

Have a good day

The winner has been announced here:

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/89178/31-days-of-the-dragon-and-the-winner-is.html