View Full Version : 31 Days of the Dragon: We're Giving Away an HP Pavlion HDX9200 Notebook PC + Software + DVDs ($5500 Value)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bradwheat
05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
This would be an awesome addition to my meagar home entertainment system! I actually have an HDMI enabled TV, but nothing to plug into it.

Thanks for the chance here!

Youtube nickname: Bradwheat
:D

djvonfunkin
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
youtube username: djvonfunkin

How will the Dragon rock my world?

This laptop would allow me to do all the things I love, wherever my back would allow! I do digital graphics, audio and video creation and editing, programming, hobby game development, and this would be great for everyone of those. When I'm not working I can relax and watch a movie in HD or play the latest and greatest games (something my current computer cannot do).

Tracy Daubenspeck
05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice job on the unboxing. I like the added text done in your post processing. I like the Dragon and would love to have one. I am really waiting for the perfect 7 inch touch screen with lots of power and 10 hours of battery life, but the Dragon would certainly fill a niche in our computer arsenal.

YouTube user name: TracyDaub

faldrien
05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Winning this computer would completely change my computing experience. Currently I'm using a 4 year old Dell, which is no longer powerful enough to run much of the software that I need. As someone who is trying to work in my spare time as a free-lance designer, not having a computer that is powerful enough is a real hindrance, and this laptop would solve that problem in so many ways!

(youtube user lonelydreamer1030)

AndrewShuttleworth
05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Amazing. I think I would buy a small suitcase on wheels just so I could take this around Tokyo on my daily travels just show of the power. Imagine pulling that thing out in a meeting - a real talking point! Of course - the speed and performance would surely increase my computing productivity compared to the dinosaur I have at the moment. Increased productivity = increased business, and that has to rock anyone's world :-)

(YouTube: AndrewShuttleworth)

jfairbrass
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
This beast would definitely rock my world, allowing me to watch Blu-Ray movies, and - more importantly - be able to do some serious Photoshop editing as an amateur photographer.

(YouTube username = jfairbrass)

dudebean
05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
This computer would rock my world in many ways. First off i do not currently have a computer and i am moving out of my parents house soon so i will need a computer. This machine would help me in my college career immensely!

User name dudebean

Rob Alexander
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
The Dragon would rock my world because it would replace my 5 year-old desktop. Not only would it be an awesome system to use, it would free up lots of desk space and be (somewhat) portable.

Youtube name: Sellador

serta
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Currently I am using a Dell Inspiron 5100 that has been a good computer but it has been through a whole lot and is need of retirement. It overheats, the case is starting to warp and crack, and it will not hold a charge anymore for longer than an hour. The HP Dragon looks like a beautiful peace of hardware. I dabble in all things computers and would love to actually get a graphics and web design side company started and I believe that the Dragon would help to accomplish this.

YouTube Username: serta825

Ranger_000
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
This computer would rock my world by allowing me to get a jump-start on my video game career. My current laptop does not have enough power to run much of the software necessary for game development, let alone play any games. I also do a lot of video editing and work in photoshop, and while it can run photoshop fine, it chugs along when I try and work on large images. The hard drive space would also be helpful as I currently have to delete files on my computer more often than I would like.

(Youtube account: BakaRanger000)

benjam25
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
This laptop would not only rock my world, but the worlds of countless others. I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist and the more computing power I have, the more lives I can save. Please, help me save lives. Someday that life could be yours...

Auntiethesis
05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd be able to replace my ancient desktop with something state-of-the-art. My husband would use it for his geneology project and to edit his videos. I teach dispatch class several times a year. Currently I borrow a friend's laptop for my Powerpoint presentation and drag along a boombox for my audio files. The Dragon would enable me to create a whole new presentation incorporating a slideshow with video and audio files. The Blu-ray is a bonus, too!

YouTube username: shel704

jess1ca
05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
The Dragon is absolutely crazy and stunning! How would the Dragon rock my world? I don't have a laptop/notebook so it would allow me to actually have a powerful notebook so that I can carry it around! I would use this notebook to play a lot of games, increase my productivity and just have fun with it! :)

YouTube username: jessica4002

eta2012y
05-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Teachers can't always afford the best technology so I welcome the pportunity to use this laptop to create engaging multimedia presentations for students who want to learn about creative ways to use new technology.

YouTube account: eta2012

mrv9r
05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
This laptop will rock my world like that jericho weapon on the Ironman movie. it'll rock my world by making my life happier when i get to run Crysis and GTA4 on it. It'll also rock my world by allowing me to watch Bluray movies on it.
youtube user: mrv9r

tspark
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Excellent initiative! This notebook will rock my world in replacing my old notebook at home and allowing to edit photos, watch BluRay movies and many more!

tsparkas at YouTube.

TimH
05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
This unit will totally rock my world...it will allow me to do media (video, audio and photo) editing on the fly at any location for my job as a church Arts leaders and to share that ability with the volunteers I work with. Pick me!

Mash0705
05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Good overview! I want this laptop even more now!
This computer would rock my world by taking the place of my old computer and allow me to do the things I really want to do! (Video editing, photo manipulation etc). It would probably also help my music recording and editing, it just be a great thing to win.

Youtube handle: Mash0705

Prosper
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
The HDX Dragon would rock my world because it would help me in school (doing my Abitur), with my work (I could do more WM themes :) hehe) and would just be perfect for an eve with my girl (mean, watching a movie or somethin) or a network game with some friends :)

YouTube name: kr1sdoff

fone_fanatic
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I would finally be able to play PC Games! My desktop is from the stone ages and my laptop is a macbook.

(Youtube Username=Ramacher)

Cav3000
05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
The dragon would "Rock my world" by giving my wife a leg up in her goal to start her own design business. Additionally it will allow her to finally watch the hi-def wedding footage that we took. Nice computer! Youtube=Cav3000

lanwarrior
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
The Dragon will "Rock my Word" as THE replacement for my current laptop, desktop, XBOX, iPod, kitchen sink..err scratch the last one, and TV. It's portable, large enough to watch TV and powerful for gaming. This will help me exercise more because I'll need to carry this beast all the time!

Youtube username: striders13

jesman
05-12-2008, 07:17 PM
If I had one of these, I would no longer have to wrest control of the PS3 from my 10-year-old so that I can watch "Ricky Bobby" on Blu-ray!

jesman
YouTube id: jesmantube

josephpatric
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
The dragon will rock my world because I am the only one in my team at work not having a laptop and I would like to have one of my own since the AGP slot in my desktop board is so loose that it doesn't allow me to use AGP card to play Pro Evolution Soccer (soccer game). Since I can't put in much for a laptop, went in for a second hand desktop recently. I have never won anything online, hoping that I get a hold of the dragon.

Youtube id: josepras

Gooniegoober
05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
The dragon will rock my world as it will allow me to work and get some entertainment while I'm out on the road, stuck in a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

YouTube: GoonieGooBer

prashiyer
05-12-2008, 07:44 PM
The Dragon will give me unlimited access to my gaming needs. I would surely throw away or giveaway my PC which has CRT monitor a crashed hard disk and two non working roms (if anyone wants it) . I am still using this thing because right now it is very difficult for me to afford a high end PC. I want this thing for my own good. It is not a need, it is rather a requirement. I would surely give away my present computer to someone who does not have any. The HP Dragon will change my world, satisfying my gaming and professional needs and giving me the power to work on softwares like Visual Studio and Photoshop which constantly hang my current PC.

My YouTube Userid - Prashiyer

preety
05-12-2008, 07:52 PM
You tube username: preetysep

First of all thanks to HP and thoughtsmedia for this contest.

HP's HDX Dragon PC not only will rock my life but it will be a great gift for all of my family.It will bring cheer for me my husband my kids and parents.It will really be a awesome entertaining machine. Viewing HDTV and Bluray movies will be a real fun. Games will be rocking for kids.

Keep on rocking.........:):p

PlasmaSnake
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
The dragon would rock my world because my current computer has been faulty over the last year and I've been too busy with school to get a job. I can also probably make my brother jealous with this! :D

YouTube Alias: PlasmaSnk

rsimmonsjr1
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Well I just had my first child in August and I have tons of pictures and videos of him but working on my current system to transfer and make something fun is brining my computer to a screaching halt, it's impossible to make something longer than 30 seconds with out it crashing. I'd love to have something that I can actually work on to create and share those life long memories without going insane.

Keisu
05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
The dragon would rock my world because of my producing career. I'm very serious about my career and I would go to video and picture editing aswell. It would totally make me get rid of my computer I have now and give it to my brother. It would help my family and I alot since we dont get alot of things. The Dragon would be able to rock my world because it would help me launch my producing career to the next NEXT level. I'm 13 but I'm willing to go on with music and produce alot of music. Thank you

www.Youtube.com/user/importfantasy

Sverri
05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Spazyfo
The Dragon will rock my world by replacing me now around 2500USD broken notebook. There isn't enough space to tell the whole story, the short version, i bought a notebookbag which 2 days later broke while i was carrying it. The computer got some damage. i went to the store to complain and got a new bag, they weren't supported about getting the notebook fixed. The funny part is that the new bag broke too and now my notebook has some serious damage:/ So i would be so happy to have a notebook again.

I would gladly show pictures from the damaged notebook if you dont belive me..

LexyKat
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Jason!
The DRAGON would totally rock my world by replacing my current IBM laptop circa 1998!!:):):) OK, thats an exaggeration but its pretty old. My battery hardly stays charged even when plugged in and both of the usb ports are shot :(. . . I'm desperate! With an HP Pavillion Dragon, I would be able to stay updated with Digital Home anywhere in the world. . if only I had a DRAGON!
YouTube: Lexy Katzer

JonnoB
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Hmmmm, to answer the following question:
"How will the Dragon rock your world?"
I have to use the terminology of my teenager and say that having the Dragon would "make my sad and sorry attempts at being a cool video dad a thing of the past and I would be able to make some 'sick' video."

My youtube username: JonnoB

sketcha77
05-12-2008, 08:33 PM
The Dragon Laptop would not only rock my world, it would rock the world of my entire family. We are currently planning my mother's 70th birthday which will incorporate a video that I am responsible for putting together. The power of this laptop would help me create an unforgettable video that would pay tribute to a wonderful human being, my mother.

YouTube username: Sketcha77

ChriSiL2317
05-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm into online poker & forex, so with this machine's wide screen and high resolution, I can open multiple poker tables and forex currency charts at one time without crowding the desktop. This Dragon will extinguish all the shortcomings of my old laptop.

YouTube username: ChriSiL2317

MrsAngelD
05-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Great Review! This beast would rock my world by replacing my families 5 yr old single core desktop system. It would allow us to play newer games and enjoy a whole new tech world, that currently alludes us. We've never experienced blu-ray before so that would be a totally new experience for us.

You Tube Username: MetalHellsAngel

toaddodger
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM
The HDX Dragon would rock my world in a way that would allow me to better disguise my time wasting Internet surfing ways under a cloak of productivity. That huge screen would let me keep my work open on one half, while I watched the Dramatic Chipmunk sing Chocolate Rain to Chris Crocker on the other half. I would just have to be careful not to confuse the two though, otherwise I might end up Rickrolling my boss.

YouTube username: toaddodger

uxodomee
05-12-2008, 09:03 PM
This laptop will rock my world not only because of its imparallel beauty but because of the uses it will grant me as my medical studies get started. My destination is Debrecen in Hungary to study a revolutionary medicine course. What's amazing about the course is the ability to tune into a Tv channels for night lectures. Now with the help of The Dragon, I would use the integrated tv tuner and be able to discuss with other peers, directly annotate or analyze whatever the lesson is about. It Would ROCK My World.

YouTube Username : uxorius
*edited for grammar

blitzpr0
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
The Dragon would definitely bring me into the new age. I've made upgrades to my current desktop which is a little over 5 years old, but still they can't compare with the awesomeness of the Dragon. It could completely replace my entire setup.

It'd be nice to play my Xbox 360 and other games in HD. I'm also a beginning programmer and my Pentium 4 just doesn't cut it with the development tools I need, and starting college next year I'd have the mobility of my current system and SO MUCH MORE! :)

YouTube Username: blitzpr0

jablms59
05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Youtube User: Jablms59 (Subscribed to your channel):

Wow.. This computer would definitely rock my world!

I currently have a 80GB Dell Inspiron 700m.. Hard drive is nearly full and the memory is no where near what it needs to be.

I have my own remote weather station*(Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2).. And currently I don't have the storage space or the RAM to keep it running/downloading/uploading to the web hardly at all..

This machine would most certainly let me do that.. and a whole lot more..

Hope to win!

-Mike

Tony Rylow
05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
This laptop will rock my world by allowing me to get rid of my desktop pc, and would make my friends jealous!

(YouTube username: evilcanman)

hdanniel
05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
How will the Dragon rock your world?
I recently moved from one city to another. I left my computer to my father. I'm in plans to buy a laptop. The Dragon will rock my world because I really need it, I need all the power of my desktop PC in a laptop, i have a lot of ideas to work in.
Regards!

My youtube user is hdanniel

Thanks!

l337hero
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
the Dragon would rock my world as it way way way more powerful than my pc... wish i could buy that monster!

RoDaBi
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
The Dragon would rock my world by actually allowing me to stop using my middle-of-the-range laptop as my Desktop station as well, allowing a lot more productivity... and Games too!
Youtube username: RoDaBi

Rangi2501
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
The Dragon would allow me to run far more powerful applications. A multi-core system could compile code much faster, with 500 GB I'd never (again) have to go through my documents and pare them down to what I absolutely need, and of course, its video capabilities are stellar. I don't yet play processor-intensive games or edit videos, but with a machine like this, I certainly would.

My YouTube username is also Rangi2501.

Dyvim
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
The Dragon would rock my world by replacing my existing work laptop for home office (not travel) use and serve double duty as a Blu-Ray player for my home theatre when I want to watch those Pirates movies.

YouTube username: Dyvim69

That's mucho laptop!

amesskyway
05-12-2008, 09:54 PM
This is one serious machine. I'll use it as my media center. It will replace my 8 year old Dell Inspiron laptop. It will also be useful for my CAD work.
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

Youtube username: Amesskyway.

Julio
05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
My current family computer is so old that everything seems to take forever. This computer would dramatically upgrade my family into the year 2008!

Posted on YouTube as user juliocnavas

TheProphet
05-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Besides the reasons I mentioned in the youtube comments (user: JackalsNose), the dragon would increase my media storage space to 1 Tb with the addition of my WD MyBook Essential Edition. With that much, my 40 gigs of music could expand even more and I could possibly mirror the local communities movie server for my new college community next year.

drummrsanonymous
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
The Dragon would rock my world by giving me plenty of screen real estate, processing power, and storage to take my music, photos, videos, and coding with me anywhere (well, almost anywhere, it might not fit some places). I love music, and the Dragon would let me keep my collection with me so that I can fill events with music. It seems like I'm always working in Photoshop and there's never enough room for the toolbars and zooming in on details - the Dragon would probably have room to spare. I can only imagine how great it would be to share home movies of music performances and Blu-ray movies on the gorgeous screen. And being a Web developer, I always have 4 or 5 browsers open for testing - being able to see them all at once would be an amazing time saver.
It would be great to no longer be limited by the sacrifices of notebooks!

EDIT: My YouTube username is "drummrsanonymous", the same as on here :)

moviegene
05-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Winning this would rock my world by finishing the construction I am doing on the house, along with keep my lawn neat and mowed...
oops, wrong item, does it come with a lawn mower attachment?

Actually, I've got a refurb'd desktop that is slower than a blind groundhog with a sinus infection. I had a laptop, but managed to crack the screen and back end of the case, so needless to say, I'm in desperate need of a replacement. What's better than winning and winning something as great as this?

My YouTube username is: moviegene

gbworld
05-12-2008, 11:12 PM
You tube account: gabworld

My biggest thoughts about this machine are how much it would reduce my compile times, showing how much of an insufferable geek I am. :)

minson22
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I just want to say that like i said in my youtube reply that this laptop will help me in so many ways because i want to become a photographer and a videographer and create many different videos for youtube and im sure with a huge machine like this one will let me do just that. I will feel honored to receive a piece of electronic history and i know this will be something that everyone will want to have. I know i can say i will never have enough money for something like this but if im fortunate enough to have this dragon then i will be forever appreciative. This will open many doors and possiblilties for me. I thank you for reading my response.

YOUTUBE USERNAME: minson22

runner5521
05-12-2008, 11:29 PM
If I were to win the Dragon, it would help me immensely. I would be able to get rid of my old computer, it would help me get many projects I've been working on done, it would become my entertainment center as well, etc. The Dragon is amazing and getting it would rock my world.

Youtube Username: runner5521

soldier1774
05-12-2008, 11:35 PM
This laptop would rock my world because right now i'm running of my families old computer (windows 98 to be specific) and to be honest my younger brother's laptop runs faster than this piece of junk. If i had this amazing laptop i could finally play some real computer games, other than the Sims. Also, it would help me get my web designing business off of the ground.

You Tube name: soldier1774

RPGDonkey
05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
The Dragon would rock my world as I watch movies in full HD, record myself playing the drums, kill my other pc in CAD work with its huge screen, and of course, make everyone else jealous.

youtube username: RPGDonkey

Leif902
05-12-2008, 11:39 PM
"The Dragon would undoubtedly rock my world. Next year I will be attending the Georgia Institute of Technology where I am required to own a laptop computer; however, as a student, I have no money. Currently I am looking at a pitiful dell, but I'm a programmer, gamer, Zuner, and most importantly, physics student. A simulation which would take four days to calculate on my current machine would take something like 10 hours on this computer. The dragon would help me pay for school."

- Leif902 (leif902 on YouTube)

cslaughtermd
05-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow. The Dragon would have to be the mobile command center on our veggie-oil powered Vanagon, the "Vegfalia". Not only would it be able to drive a small touch screen on the dashboard for GPS and media control, it would also provide a High-Definition movie theater (with pseudo-surround sound through the car speakers), a mobile blogging center for theseep.com, and a mobile recording studio for our on-the-road camping guitar sessions!
I'll have to add another solar panel to power it, though!

stan
05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd replace my bulky aging pc tower altogether. Not to mention the gigantic 19" crt monitor that's draining my electric bill. pray to jesus i'd win.

my youtube name is DNATS and i'm subscribed.:cool:

thoughtpro21
05-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey Jason, just wanted to thank you (HP and BuzzCorps of course) for putting this promotion on. Like I mention over at YouTube, the Dragon would seriously update my technological/computing needs; as I'm typing from '02 Fujitsu Pentium 3 laptop. I could finally use the Dragon to edit movies and photos (with Adobe CS3). This computer would be just the trick in helping use those resource draining applications. On top of that I can finally do some hard-core gaming! Thanks!

Youtube: utuber177

Alber1690
05-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Let me put this quite simply, it's either the sexy Dragon or my HP Pavilion Desktop with a monitor that has a broken-on-button-I-need-to-use-a-car key-to-turn-it-on-functionality, that I need for college this fall. Not only is it about time I upgrade that desktop, but completely overhaul my computer experience to Dragon-status; burnin' flamin' hot! Having the Dragon will help me start my new chapter in life with the best of the best and give me high expectations to deliver to.

YouTuber user: TopNewsMakers (http://www.youtube.com/user/topnewsmakers)

Xaro
05-13-2008, 12:47 AM
It would totally rock my life, as I always dreamed of a PC or notebook that isn't two generations behind of it's time. I would use it to work (as a DJ and literally rock the house with the dragon!) and to play high end games!!
Thanks for the oportunity.

YouTube User:XaroPoo (http://ca.youtube.com/user/XaroPoo)

fauxcivlity
05-13-2008, 12:51 AM
I commented on the YouTube thing and subscribed =]

(Youtube username: BonsaiBlog)

richw
05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks for having this contest, I'm glad to run across a site like yours!

The dragon would rock my world because I'd have a laptop of my own and not get stuck sharing time on a PC with a bunch of family.

Youtube name: rwaters1971

bbarker
05-13-2008, 01:26 AM
My laptop died and my desktop is one I built 7or 8 years ago. When I do video editing I have to borrow my 23-year-old son's PC. With this laptop I would be able to replace my desktop system and finally do video editing on my 12-year-old son's football, lacrosse, track and basketball videos. (My YouTube user name is "bartbarker".)

jchristsu
05-13-2008, 01:46 AM
The Dragon would rock my world by allowing me to finally upgrade from my current desktop (6 years old). The speed increase would be pretty evident in the daily tasks I perform. Every application that I run would be light years faster than before (increased productivity) and it would be very cool to play with the integrated TV tuner and Blu-Ray rom, two technologies that I have no experience with. It would be awesome to win this package, it can't be stressed enough.

Youtube: jchristsu

natestera
05-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Nothing witty comes to mind, but I might use it as extra ballast for my truck bed...or a boat anchor.

Kidding, but if I did, I promise to post a tube of it...

Zagleft1
05-13-2008, 01:58 AM
I will be a media God. Beware, mortals..

Tube Username: zagleft1

Thanks, Jason. This would be awesome.

h3wlett
05-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Winning this laptop would change my life, as well as the lives of many others.

While I would like to keep it, I would instead sell it, in order to obtain $5000.

Subsequently, I would likely be able to pay for the rest of my college textbooks, thereby easing my family's current financial burden.

As a result of then being able to finish school, I would pursue my ultimate goal of starting my own computer company, which may hopefully one day supply better computers for future generations.

YouTube username:
h3wlett

STANUL
05-13-2008, 02:10 AM
If I was to win this laptop, I would quit my job and start real work on programing for Windows Mobile.....

onurmarc
05-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Jason,

Excellent presentation of the out of the box video for the Dragon, it truly is a magnificent machine. If it wasn't so expensive, maybe we could all experience digital media the way it was designed to be seen, like being in a theatre.

For those that haven't looked at my You Tube comment, this is what it said:

If I would be lucky enough to actually win this beautiful portable workhorse and entertainment system, I could be able to cannabalize the ancient home built tower pc that I currently use and use it's parts to fix the numerous other home built systems that I have built for friends and family. Then I could actually kick back and truly experience the internet and digital media, the way it was intended to be seen. If not my lucky day, then so be it.

You Tube User Name: onyourmarc

cirrob121
05-13-2008, 02:55 AM
As I posted on youtube (Username: cirrob (http://ca.youtube.com/user/cirrob)), this machine would allow me to be with my newborn (to-be september 2nd :)) and continue to get work done.

Also, I would solve global warming (Just a by the by)

Joel Crane
05-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Oh wow, where to begin? Video editing, gaming, movies, music, storage, work, school, browsing the Thoughts network... this laptop could do everything! It would completely replace my desktop. I really like the remote!

I hope that someone who needs it wins it!

YouTube Username: FuelCell250

gummycat
05-13-2008, 03:22 AM
My YouTube username is gummycat. This would rock my world by allowing my wife to give her laptop to the kids, she can take mine, and I would finally have some new hardware to use for a couple of important purposes. First, I write Christian COntemporary Worship for my church and would love this beast for production of the songs. Second, I am a software developer and you can never have too much hardware in your corner! Third, I do amateur photography and, man, would pictures look great on that killer monitor! Fingers crossed!

tianh
05-13-2008, 03:27 AM
This laptop will rock my world because it makes a statement. Bringing this to work I will be the envy of all my friends. Also playing games at max res and highest settings will be awesome! Multitasking will be a breeze also with this laptop's huge monitor.

Youtube username: tianh

Dax125
05-13-2008, 03:50 AM
"A dream come true."

If I win this laptop I'll feel like the character Quico in the famous Mexican TV show "El Chavo del 8":p...almost all of my friends have their own laptops and when they'll see me with this incredible machine they will be jealous of me, I'll be able to chose which FPS game to play! I can have many games installed in the laptop! and take on opponents across the world, joining virtual communities.

Also the dragon will give me the opportunity to increase my entertainment options, it offers a home theather experience without losing physical space of the house and stay at home on a cold day rather than go to the cinema. I would be able to enjoy the latest DVDs in astounding high definition quality, and listen to music with a very good quality.
I'm going to do the assignments from school with much more pleasure, as well as projects work gaining more time to do other daily activities

All the money from photo developing that I would saved thank to photo printing (I have a HP DeskJet 880c, it's old but prints really well!) and you can use sophisticated software to edit photos without worry the PC to crashing.

I'm going to be really happy! :) .
Thank you very much for the opportunity and good luck to all

YouTube Username: Dax125

alphashade0
05-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Hey there;

I believe this computer would rock my world simply by being able to replace my old beat up dell inspiron I used while being deployed in kuwait. My inspiron is in such bad shape and I can't afford to buy a new laptop. I guess the laptop couldn't survive the sand storms and all. This new computer would definitely boost morale.

my youtube name is [alphashade] and I subscribed to your channel. Keep the great reviews coming :)

philiptraum
05-13-2008, 04:49 AM
youtube handle: landzin
I would finally be able to go to an parites with my friends,play games over the weekend, record tv when i want, shove my awesome comp in my friends faces, play the new chapter in GoW, have laptop for school, video edit, CONSIDER MY WORLD ROCKED.

felsetto
05-13-2008, 04:53 AM
wow! :eek: ,this is an astonishing laptop..

now firstly i want to comment on your page, for improvement that is..
1. i think the front size should be a little bigger as it would be quite hard to read for elder folks

2. the discuss this topic link is quite unsee able, i had to explore the page quite a while until i found the link..other than that everything is ok..although a little more color would be nice :)

moving on to the dragon...

which will rock my world as it..

has a superb platform for gamers like my little bro, he will be on cloud nine if he gets this..its all due to the fast-processor

has an awesome screen which will allow all my siblings to watch movies together yey!!..

uh..i have to stop..its my sisters turn..wish my home had more computers/laptops so i could have more time on it.

-my youtube user name : darkviolet89

p/s-i'll comment and subscribe to your youtube after this as youtube is still under maintenance and all comments and subscriptions result to failure:mad:

eleon
05-13-2008, 05:17 AM
YouTube Username: 19810115Emilio

I'm a developer and with superb machine I can build the dream workstation. Developing high-end applications along with multiple running virtual PCs, while I encode my latest family trip DVD and sync my favorite music to my iPAQ without compromising computing-power. This powerhouse would let me compile my applications and run automated test while watching HDTV on it. WOW, just writing about is exciting.

100jain
05-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Nice video,this laptop will not only help me to get rid of my desktop but also help in running MATLAB software without any system requirement bar(as my desktop configuration is below requirements) and moreover I don't have to switch to my brother's laptop.

Youtube username: 100jain

m0x54
05-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Aiiaiaiiiaiiii ! :)
A lot of Comments and my chances to win this one decrease with every new post.
I've done a refurbish on my room at home but I'm still missing a TV or multimedia device :(
This HP HDX would change my life in different ways.
Though it would be my prefered TV-watching machine I could run presentations easily on it and with its power I would finally be able to "edit photos on the spot" as described,cause I'm working as photographer as a side job to finance my study :(
Dragooon =)

LifeCooler
05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
This laptop will surely rock my world. Simply because it's really beautiful. This will surely help get more real estate on my desktop and web programming work. Hp really did a good job designing this laptop. HUGE but portable. Fantastic! I also like the multimedia features galore included in this package. Mind blowing hardware specifications!

coolwaterdvr from youtube :)

afrofrench
05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Let me count the ways:
1) I'd have a computer good enough to actually work on (I'm an 2D/3D artist)
2) TV! HDTV! I don't even have RCA inputs on my TV (and as of now no cable)
3) I can now dedicate my laptop to making music. I'm also a DJ and I use Scratch Live but right now I go back and forth and back and forth...
4) No more banging my head against the bottom of my desk to plug in a USB cord.

posted on youtube by afrofrench

Hugh Nano
05-13-2008, 09:04 AM
To clarify how my YouTube comment (which was, "How would I use this? Hmm... Watch hi-def movies, perhaps? :-)") answers the question "How would the Dragon rock your world?" - the Dragon would be our first hi-def movie player of any kind!

And my YouTube username? "hughnano" (surprise, surprise!)

anil_invisib
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
youtube account name::: anilinvisible

:) Here is lots of people trying to get this notebook .This is not good for me :(.
This notebook will help me to play games,see movies with good sound quality.
Windows ULTIMATE feel like a beauty on this notebook. I really want this to hel p me in everyfield from study to fun.

GOD help me to win this Notebook.

laylaholic
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
The Dragon would completely rock my world, as for the first time in years I'd know what it is to have a computer that's modern, fast, and doesn't require poking the power button in different ways for five minutes to turn it on!

Youtube username: laylaholic

arch4ce
05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow wow wow..is my first reaction when I saw the giveaway.It definitely would be a great help to me for entertaining my work....hmmm...wid my recent comp. I am able to use Photoshop,Dreamweaver,VS2005 & Eclipse etc but one at a time..so no time left for movies,games or lesiure :"-( ..BUT This Baby will give me enough power to get all my necessary apps. run simultaneously to acclerate my startup projects and also give me time to watch Movies,Tv,Games all at one place! DAMN I WANT THIS ONE :-)"

my YouTube user Name: arch4ce

Honestly, I love this machine I always have been a fan of AlienWare's stuff ( they had been on my woshlist from long time now....) but this ones really has outdone with it's design....and I want this one....as it will really help me a lot....

But All the Best to everyone participating......

and also Congrats to whomsoever wins it.... :)

rgf21
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
The dragon would rock my world by giving me power to reach the best of the today technology!

user: rgf21

Arcanum-XIII
05-13-2008, 11:02 AM
The dragon would rock my world as it would permit me to show my work (video/Processing/photo) to gallerist easily. So they're gonna sell my work without hesitation!

(YouTube nickname: Arcanum13)

FalkSD3
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Youtube: FalkSD3

After my dv9000 just stopped working this week and HP can't help me out with having it repaired here in Japan where I currently live this baby would be a heavenly blessing for me! Also, I will sell my old broken (if I can't get it fixed somehow) unit and give the money away for a good cause to a country quite near that is really in need right now :)

dean5308
05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
This system would rock my world because I could finally replace my old Dell C600 Pentium III 800mhz notebook with the LCD hanging on by just one hinge. My portable computing world sucks.
youtube id: dean5308

feethrha
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey jason..
I have posted comment. When I was posting, there was problem with my connection, so I posted again. I'm sorry about it.

My Youtube Usernama: feethrha
Not only my life,but also the world will be change if I get this Notebook.It same with I get a princess and the king will be jealous with me.The king is angry and try to kill me.But,when he try to kill me,he is killed by himself and then I will be famous.Why did I say that?Factually,I have a PC desktop with low specs,suddenly I get a notebook with highest specs. The princess same with the notebook that I can't leave her/it eventhough 1 second. The king same with my friends that jealous with me.

Sheerdal
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess a laptop of this caliber would finally allow me to get rid of desktop. It would give me some nice new features as well. I could take it to school with me as I start my core classes for my MIS degree. I would also have a great device to watch movies on and play a few games.

Youtube Name: Sheerdal

Thank you for the contest!

xanict
05-13-2008, 12:37 PM
This system would rock my world because, a few buddys and me are in the making of a local Cyber Cafe and this would make a perfect addition to our Cafe. I have had a Dell laptop worth 3400 but after only one year it just broke out of no where and this would be a good replacement. I my self like to program, web design, and I'm an ameture photagropher and editer and think this would be just amazing for me. This would also be perfect for our laning.

Thank you.

My username on Youtube is, Xanict.

Ankoku
05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
My original Youtube post and Username.

The Dragon would rock my world for multiple reasons. I am on my way to become a college student in chemistry and computer science and I desperately need a portable computer with good capabilities such as this to have when I move away. The usefulness of this product would be infinite to me. Plus I am learning special effects for a summer project with my local friends and would need the awesome Dragon's many media inputs to make this possible. Hope this dream works out for me (for college),
Tom.

Youtube Username: Ankoku2

holzerp
05-13-2008, 01:34 PM
This looks like a great machine. It would go well with my Presario and Ipaq. HP does it again.

Youtube username: holzerp

mjwills1
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
With the same ID as my ID here...

mmidgley
05-13-2008, 02:05 PM
YouTube user: grinchertube

If I had this Dragon laptop I'd certainly get rid of my aged desktop at home. Two things would change for me: I would have a machine powerful enough to enjoy some games (I'm not a big gamer, but I've had enough of trying to play with entry level and/or old hardware); And I'd be portable finally. I'm taking a trip to Hawaii soon and this would enable me to unload my digital cameras in the hotel room. It would simply be freedom!

macattack
05-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Here's my YouTube comment:

This beast would rock my techie world by building my biceps, triceps, lats, and pecs. If I won it, I might actually become the muscle-bound dude I've always hoped to become. All because of a "portable" gaming machine/Blu-ray theater.

my YouTube screen name is ccyoho.

Thanks, Jason, for a shot at such an awe-inspiring piece of kit!

Carty
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Ive almost participated in every PPCT contest for a very long time which made me fell every contest as just another one and started to ignore them lately. But this dragon has made me push the button :)

If I win, damn, I cannot believe that I could just fly high in fire :) I would dedicate 15hrs from each of my day from biz to entertainment with this beast.

Regards,
Carty..

Louper
05-13-2008, 02:50 PM
- I travel to my workplace 2 hours every day with train and it's a very long time to spend it helplessly.
- OK, I've got an old company laptop, but c'mon, that's almost older than me. ;)
- My boss just bought a MacBook Air recently and I'd like to show him that my notebook a little bit bigger, but better.
- I have to loose some weight so taking the Dragon always with me should help in this.
- And finally I'm a musician and I'm looking for a mobile studio solution as well.

FFeri1 @ youtube

MAK11
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Here's My Youtube name : MAK11
The comment : I've been doing some photo editing in Adobe Lightroom lately and looking at the gorgeous 20,1 1080p display on the HDX Dragon I can just drool at the thought of working with it.
I can just hook it up to any HDTV/Home cinema system anywhere, pop in a Blue Ray, and enjoy the show with Media Center or ust load up Folding@home and fold some proteins. Video chatting through msn is really awesome especially when working on the same project with somebod, save's on unnecessary phone calls.

Cheers

MAK

melvynadam
05-13-2008, 03:21 PM
(youtube username is also melvynadam)

Q: How will the Dragon rock my world?
A: My first kid was born six years ago. Immediately, I bought a (for that time) kickass Sony video camera. However I've never had a machine capable of making the raw footage into something more watchable. The Dragon would enable me to finally make the family movies I dreamed of six years ago when I bought the camera.

matwilko
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
I've been using an AMD Sempron 1.02GHz PC for about 5/6 years now. The Dragon would rock my world by freeing me from the restraints of this frankly slow PC, and allow me to do everything I've always wanted to do with a PC that mine has stopped me from doing. It would also greatly help my current A-level courses by allowing me to study harder and faster and hopefully get better grades!

(YouTube account: IAmANeatGuy)

athims
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
It would definitely rock my world since my home pc is dead for now :( So I'm left alone with my very old laptop which doesn't even allow me to play my parent's family video collection (which is HD video): not enough power...

My youtube name: athims

aessap
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
"How will the Dragon rock your world?"
I would be able to finish my schooling from home at night time and be able to spend more time with my wife and kids. I would also be able to pick up some new games to play instead of the old crap that I have now.

YouTube = aessap

loco4gadgets
05-13-2008, 04:34 PM
The Dragon would rock my world upside down and backside up! I would replace the desktop PC that I've been using and updating since around 1996. I could save space on my desk. I would use it for my home office to work, create and edit videos, create graphics, and edit photos. I drool just imagining playing some cool games on the Dragon, like COD4! And I could even move the Dragon to another room! I drool just looking at the Dragon in the video, it's so gorgeous! Good luck to everyone! ;-)

YouTube name: loco4gadgets

April Reign
05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
The Dragon would rock my world because currently I am running a phpbb board, 8 blogs a personal blog and trying to start a web design business all from a computer with 512RAM and 180g hard drive which currently has 2gigs of space left on C drive and an onboard graphics cards. This awesome machine would allow me the power and space I need, as well as provide me with hours of entertainment when not working. And my kids are drooling over it as much as I am.

Arrrr Rock Me World ye Dragon!

NOTE: As I said over on youtube having the Dragon would allow the kids to have this computer and avoid embarrassing incidents like posting under your daughters user acount. :o

youtube name 4d5d5d sadly original post under skateboards1995

Nascarnut91
05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
First, I would like to say thanks to HP and Buzzcorps for giving away 31 of these. The dragon would allow me to play games the way I have always wanted to (and have a better computer than anyone I know), not to mention the ability to watch blue ray dvd's and watch TV.

YouTube Username, Nascarnut91

cmchavez
05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
YouTube ID: EquinoxBBP

Since our home currently does not have a BluRay player of any sort, this laptop would rock our home entertainment world by hooking it up directly to our 50" Plasma TV in our living room. Finally, we would have a valid reason to jump into the BluRay ocean with some great titles on the horizon, like Iron Man and The Dark Knight. The media center features would also be quite welcome for use on the road.

Inkninja
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Youtube: 007Inkdoll

Answer: Winning the Dragon wouldn't just rock my world, it will change it completely. I'm a dork and a noob, and this is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I've always wanted to know how to make movies, spreadsheets, create digital art, and what it feels like to watch a tv show or play a game online with a superior picture. If I win, I'll do what more educated people than I take for granted. I'll learn.

doomygirdoom
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
The dragon would rock my world by becoming a mobile recording/mixing station for my two bands. Ive always wanted to do independent recording and production, and with this we could do it. Not to mention being able to run all my engineering programs without any holdups, and plenty of space to see multiple windows.

And of course in my down time, play video games that run like crap on my outdated laptop.

Youtube account is doomygirdoom

Trocien
05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
How would the Dragon rock my world? This awesome laptop would allow me to get my amateur digital photography hobby off the ground in a brilliant way!

(YouTube Account: Trocien)

LilyMaster
05-13-2008, 06:19 PM
This is awesome! I am sure every and single one thought so after watching the video. In my case, I would certainly love to have this monster as my desktop system as well as the entertainment center. It would allow myself and my friends to admire the quality of BR movies. A huge database of newest games would also be an option.

YouTube: LilyMaster

olo
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Since I'm programmer I would use the laptop for programming, but with possibility of moving all around my flat, as well as, even somewhere outside. It's very tempting thought, to be able to go out for example to a park, and work there :) The screen and keyboard seem to be big enough to assure comfortable work.

My hobby is photography, so I can imagine taking the laptop for trips (of course when I went by a car ;) ), to be able to process pictures even before I was back. With my current laptop it's not possible because the screen is too small for real images processing.

vlololv (http://ca.youtube.com/user/vlololv) (YouTube username)

r90a22
05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
IT would rock to have a portable pc with the power to handle autocad and GPS mapping, plus for a little entertainment. But mostly to handle my mapping tasks. I would not get rid of my current setup. because I'm constanly trying out new thing and doing so I have to reinstall windows alot. With the dragon i would be able to handle my tasks that require a lot of power and still have them portable, and use my current system for my continuing education in technoloy.

Good luck to the winenr

youtube user r90a22

timwj2005
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
ONE WORD "WOW". This machine is very impressive. This would allow my eyes to straighten after beomeing crossed from my little 12.1 " laptop screen. Also the keyboard would allow my fingers to feel the freedom of a full size keyboard again. I would be the envy of all my friends and could give my older computer to my daughter so that she and Dora could get to the big mountain together. YouTube Username: timwj2005

flamadiddle8
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
That is an amazing laptop! I use a number of programs that are very resource intensive for work: Visual Studio 2008 Pro, Photoshop, etc. And of course, being able to play games with maxed-out settings is a must. This would also make a fantastic media center computer.

I also made a comment on the video. My screenname on youtube is flamadiddle86.

computerwiz
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
The HP Pavillion HDX ‘Dragon’ Entertainment PC will rock my world if I won it. Since I neither have a Blu-Ray player, nor an HDTV, this laptop will easily replace my television entertainment system. In addition, the crisp 20.1” HD Ultra Brightview Widescreen will totally blow away my pathetic old 13” CRT TV and bring a whole new meaning to “entertainment system” in my life.

From a productivity perspective, this laptop will be absolutely perfect! It is very rare that I get to work on a computer that can actually keep up with how fast I navigate through the system and various programs. I will be able to effectively multi-task, as I am always trying to do, without the system lagging. The combination of 4GB of RAM with the amazing processor specs will enable me to run virtual machines smoothly for testing purposes and assisting others who have different operating systems.

My gaming experience will skyrocket with the generous 512MB NVIDIA card. I would be able to play ANYTHING!! In fact, I have the PC version of Star Trek: Legacy, and its requirements are too high for anything in my house! With this new system, I would finally be able to rescue it from the dark corners of my closet and enjoy my game, and many more to come.

Youtube Username: computerwiz12890

flavaflay
05-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I make video and installation art. I'm currently using a 3 year old Dell Inspiron 6000. I need a Dragon to break into HD video and render my After Effects projects in hours rather than days.

youtube nick: flavaflay

PubERB
05-13-2008, 08:15 PM
This will be my next computer. It's ideal for my HD movie editing and why not, for my games.
Amazing!

My username is the same in YouTube. :cool:

peshooo
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm leaving my parents, so I'll definitely need some PC and this one also can replace a TV. And its cool factor is very nice :)

same username in youtube

DarcMattehsc
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/fks16/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg If I won the HDX Dragon, I would take it and throw it out my window.

Just kidding, I am a student bound for college and in need of a laptop to take there with me. My family does not have the funds to buy me a decent laptop so I would be forced to take my desktop to college. I am hoping to win the Dragon and use it in college to play many games, watch movies, and surf the net. I would also be able to save money for buying books and other necessary items for college. It would awesome if I won.

YouTube username: DarcMatteh

mdande
05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
This would rock my world because I only have desktop's at home. I just bought a hd camcorder on closeout. My current computer is VERY slow when editing the video. The Dragon would allow me to edit our videos and allow me to do it anywhere in the house.

YouTube Username: mdande

rednevednav
05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I have been elected to a Board (est.1952) overseeing the Arts & Entertainment for a quad-city area. 20 members, 12 have never sent/received email; the remaining 7 still think that AOL is the 'Internet'. I will use the Dragon as a presentation/education vehicle on how to interact with the CMS being developed for all operations & the series of websites also being developed (includes FINALLY making Helen Keller's Birthplace website accessible by blind folks!).

on YouTube: rednevednav

dchen005
05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Youtube name: dchen005

In all seriousness, this computer will rock my word as it would anyone else's. It will help me with my web design work that I do and allow me to see clearly on the 20 inch monitor. My closeup eyesight has been going for years an instead of getting glasses like I should, I think a bigger monitor will do the trick just just fine.
My alternative use for this machine is listed under my youtube comment. wha ha ha

Thanks and good luck to all,
Dave

tbirdsc93
05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
ummm i need this laptop!

Youtube username: pkelcz

sarmystic
05-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Youtube username: sarmystic

You're asking why would this dragon rock my world? Well let me tell you, if I win this beast, its going to bring in an earthquake in my world. Unlike others I wont rant about my ancient desktop PC, but talk about the future...simply because this dragon is a mean machine of the future!

After I have completely ogled at all its features, I will utilize the Dragon maximum for my video editing needs which I currently am only able to do in office. Of course, playing the latest games will be an absolute pleasure with all that RAM and video memory! And aah, the Blue ray drive...since there are really few Blue ray DVDs in the market, I would initially just show it off and make people burn red with envy :D

I could go on and on for each of its specification, but I just dont want to overwhelm you when the dragon is already overwhelming enough!!!

djeuro
05-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Well the dragon would totally rock my world. My pc sucks right now so i cant do much. I love call of duty 4 but i cant play it cas my specs arent good enough. If i won this, I would give away my home computer that I have to a charity where they dont even have one. With this i could do some major gaming, and even though its big I would still carry it with me everywhere i go :D If i find out i won this thing, I would probably dump everything I have on my desk and mark a spot for it.

youtube account- mrdjeuro

Cybrid
05-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow! I love the desktop masquerading as a laptop design. That hinge is a very clever design. It is a Big PC.
Properly decked out this thing would rapidly replace everything media related in my home. It'd be the center of my entertainment system.

Cybrid is Cybrid on YouTube too.

angellic71
05-13-2008, 11:26 PM
The dragon will soooo rock my world. I can use it for home/school/work AND my photography habit. It is the perfect accessory for my new DSLR camera.

you tube username: angellic71

drunkmoose
05-14-2008, 12:36 AM
great review.

this beast of a machine will rock my world in so many ways. I'd replace my current ancient desktop that has Windows ME on it. I will be able to do more as a photographer with this beauty and all watch my blu-ray on it!
Goodness.

you tube username: drunkmoose

abloom
05-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Nice contest... beautiful beast of a laptop. I think I might find myself working from home more with this thing around!

YouTube username: abl00m

harrydude
05-14-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm launching an electropop band, and boy would this badboy help. I'd be using it as my personal sidekick and drum machine, and I'd program all my loops with it. Hey, if I get big I could also use it to play CounterStrike and some other rockin' games while on the road during tours. My bandmate's Gibson won't be the talk of the conert hall anymore -- my Dragon will be.

YouTube Name: harrydude

dbuth
05-14-2008, 01:29 AM
The video of the Dragon was a little dark and I had trouble seeing some of the features as you pointed them out. I think having the camera above the unit pointing down might have helped.

Now, how would this computer improve my life? I would finally be HD compliant with a monster of a unit that could solve my video editing woes, and provide me with stunning 1080i HD which is something I cannot afford right now.

You Tube account: dbuth8384

rotkwarrior
05-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Rotkwarrior:

I never had a laptop before. It would be awesome to have a free top-notch laptop ready for College.

It'd also be awesome to play games that I could never play because I have an integrated chip, which sucks :( Not to mention, it would be much more easier to edit my music videos which take forever to accomplish with my computer.

Probably the only downfall is that it's pretty big but, who cares, this laptop looks awesome:D

drewjcooper
05-14-2008, 02:06 AM
My comment on YouTube spoke about not being able to get into our home office to use slow, old gaming machine because my wife run a business from there.

I forgot to mention the HD Camcorder that I bought last year, and which I haven't had the chance to be able to do anything with all the video I've taken. The Dragon would become my mobile gaming and video production system. We could also use it to watch digital TV without having to buy a set-top box. Way cool!

YouTube username: drewjcooper

spotvivek
05-14-2008, 02:38 AM
HP dragon will be surprise gift to my younger brother who needs a laptop for his studies as he has to do lot of coding.

Youtube username: spotvivek

SophieGui
05-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Geeee... If I win this one I am going to be one lucky gal! I just love it! It's so beautiful, and I'll finally be able to watch blu ray films anywhere! Besides I have a kid who's gonna just love the gaming this thing is capable of! :D

("SophieGui" is also my nickname on YouTube)

Thanks for the opportunity!

(I don't even think they sell it here in Europe with that processor, do they?)

srsabu
05-14-2008, 04:05 AM
This would rock my world as I would no longer have to fight my wife for my current laptop in the evenings - she wants to watch TV while I want to write software.

Youtube username: srsabu1971

Olivek
05-14-2008, 04:12 AM
This computer would be great sitting on my desk as I edit home movies, compile pictures and watch blu ray movies. Thanks for offering us all the oppurtunity.

youtube username: oliveksmall

austinlarson
05-14-2008, 04:20 AM
this computer would rock my world because i am now using my brothers 5 year old hp laptop. I am going to school next year and i need a computer that is capable of more than this one is

youtube username: austinlarson25

geniusmath3
05-14-2008, 04:24 AM
I could definitely replace my desktop with this beast. I could start playing some REAL games and watch videos in high definition bliss. I have wanted to start making videos and editing them. And I can live one day without my Pentium D Dell freezing.

My Youtube user name is: thelaptopstore

A_Str8
05-14-2008, 04:59 AM
The dragon would rock my world by giving me a place to make music and it would probably get me playing more games than I've been playing recently.

ahdchild on youtube.

tb1751
05-14-2008, 05:03 AM
I definitely would be editing video and photos of my twins. My current machine takes forever for even the most basic video clips.

YouTube Username: tb1751

philosophe07
05-14-2008, 05:07 AM
@ RANDOM
I would -QUINTUPLE BOOT-

Vista - (WMC, Speech REC. *Macros*, C|C++(@ sort/search algs.), Macro
Photo (EOS 40D XTi & PS CS3), SERVER!!!, WLM user, WMP user);

UBUNTU, FEDORA - (Terminal, BASH, Gnome, KDE, Xfce, Konqi(dragon mascot),
Conky, ssi, VPython(@ repetition strucs));

SOLARIS - (peh - for homework related things @ Purdue... );

OSX LEOPARD & TIGER - (to become a better MACTERRORIST = macerrorist...).

All in all.. I'd set up a 3-monitor display, a computer cluster, a 5.1 surround mini system, & I'd save desk space doing this. I draw dragons too!:eek:

username is philosophe07

wordbit
05-14-2008, 06:19 AM
This computer would totally rock my world! I can retire my relic of a desktop PC and finally play cutting-edge games - not games that were cool in 1983. I can also watch movies without squinting at my tiny TV in the corner of my room. For work, I can write and design docs and websites with blazing speed. Basically, this system rocks the pants off anything I've ever owned.

YouTube subscriber name: wordbits

luvcats
05-14-2008, 06:36 AM
The Dragon will bring me out of stone age and allow me to create a web site for my family, so that we can all keep better track of what's going on in each others lives.

YouTube username: luvcatsx4

doc
05-14-2008, 06:46 AM
docyt is my username on youtube.

Must replace 13 inch tube tv in the office

Sogarth
05-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Youtube user: sogarthm

This would take over entertainment in my bedroom, which would be awesome. I have an old, small tube television and an unimpressive stereo system right now, and this would replace it in an awesome way.

ScottMGS
05-14-2008, 07:22 AM
This would rock my world because the Dragon's screen is bigger than *any* screen I've ever had the pleasure to work with. With the recent news of the productivity benefits of larger (and multiple) screens I could get more done. With the capacity and raw processing power I could run several virtual machines to test my software and web sites on multiple operating systems and multiple browsers with one machine! I would watch movies, both Blue Ray and DVD. It would also declutter my desk area, too. My photo workflow would speed up a *lot*.

Thanks for this opportunity.

(YouTube user ID is ScottMGS)

Bboy Daniel
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Youtube username: kitt8620

That laptop is incredible. I can't fathom that processing speed. I can't even come close to understanding all the other crazy things inputs, outputs and video cards that are out there in it.

arielz
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Let me tame the dragon and rock the world! It will replace my desktop PC, TV and linux server. I can work and watch TV at the same time and allow me to edit homemade videos with it. Thank you for the contest

Youtube username: arielzarus

Alpal
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
The Dragon would rock my world because I'm tired of having my PC with all those wires! I can't take it anywhere, and as a college student, portability is a must! Now I can have a powerful PC that I can move if I need to just by unplugging a few cords!

YouTube: AlpalTheGreat

deepti1011
05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I am really excited about the Dragon. Right now I have a really old (circa 2002) Sony Viao 17" screen, and it doesn't have a USB 2.0 port. We lost our (old) PC in the cyclone that hit the Oman coast line last June, and since our TV tuner card didn't work properly with the USB 1.0 port of the Sony laptop, we got a new PC, but our TV tuner isn't supported by Windows Vista. Juggling a full time job and part time classes, I have a hard time catching anything on TV - Recording my fav shows would rock!

g2tl
05-14-2008, 12:38 PM
It'd replace nothing, actually.
I have a deliberately underpowered laptop as my main computer, and this thing would change that not as a replacement, but as an addition.

YouTube id: g2tl

overlord_666
05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Haha...being a desktop PC advocate for years, I never thought that a laptop (if you can call the Dragon as one that is) will become as powerful as this. Asides from mobility, I really don't see any purpose why I should ditch my desktop and get a laptop. But with gigantic screen, beyond average graphic, and the powerful processor...I guess I can start drolling owning a laptop or precisely "The Dragon".

TQ for the opportunity :p

Youtube username: aca83

ZenAbyss
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow.... that is one awesome laptop... and probably the biggest I have ever seen. I would use that laptop for everything I could possibly imagine. It has so much power I would never go back to using a tower pc again. With all that storage I could finally have all my music in one place. Wow... HP has doing something quite insane and I have to thank them for that.

My YouTube Username is: SerenadedAbyss

paschott
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
This laptop would definitely replace our home PC and then some. It's got a better monitor, more RAM, and is more than twice as fast. The only concern I really have is the size of this PC - how hard is it to carry around? I can see us using it for all sorts of things with that much power available, from just entertaining my daughter to rendering video when we are on the move.

I enjoyed the video review - very well done.

Youtube: paschott (I'm boring that way.)

seggsygal2
05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
If only i can win the HP Dragon... It would've enabled me to bring performance on the go and never have to worry about the availability of school computers in university.

Youtube username: seggsygal2

1ndraj1t
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I posted on Youtube about this, it would be incredible to have. This laptop would open up a lot of possibilities, it is powerful enough to do homework for the kids, work on photos in Photoshop which I love to do and play games. Wow, an all around computer worthy of showing off to everyone who stops by the house. Two thumbs up to HP for making this baby.

zedeff
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
It would replace my home machine entirely. Maybe now Vista can run like its supposed to.
Make my kids and wife really happy as then I would use my macbook for all my own work and leave this at home for them.
Youtube userid zainultinwala1

ThePale1
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Sweet machine, well done video! This awesome piece of hardware would not only replace my home desktop, but my personal laptop (my wife would get it) and potentially my work desktop! It would also allow me to get more serious about recording musing, my music that is. My current hardware works, but it's a bit slow when it comes to mixing tracks and effects.

Youtube username: ThePale1

revbones
05-14-2008, 06:40 PM
My Youtube name is: revbones

Nice video.

I'm crossing my fingers so bad it hurts. This laptop could really help me out, since my current one is going down the toilet fast. I could edit video footage remotely, run Visual Studio outside of my office, and generally improve my working situation immediatly with a machine like that!

premmse
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Laptop this big! For first few days, i will keep it as show case because its an marvelous piece and i will figure out what all can be done. Then i will take it to my village because no one has seen computers till now and i dont own a laptop. Then i will buy latest games and test limits of this wonderful piece. I will get the feel of vista first time.I will then open a blog and keep in touch with the world even if i am on the move. Always connected
24x7 with the outside world.

Youtube user name : premmse

donjoao
05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I will be amazed if there is anything i will not able to do riding this marvelous dragon! I have being volunteer for developing some software to run in many public hospitals while i am in college and it would be just as useful as the best tool to have the best results! youtube user: donjoao

dor
05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
This HP computer would rock my world simply because of its design; I currently own a terribly awful-looking PC which really destroys the style of my room. This so called "notebook" will make a great addition to my table and will finally allow me to give away my PC!

YouTube Username: dorfire

miss_sarah
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Youtube username: sperez000

umm, well my apartment building burnt down on Tuesday last week, no joke. It was arson-- someone poured gasoline down the stairs, pretty crazy. We lost just about everything we own(ed), including our computers and external harddrives (all my digital photos I've ever taken--gone... so sad). A new computer would not only be extremely useful but it would be the nicest thing we own (and the ONLY thing we own!). So yeah....

thanks!
sarah

Phillip Dyson
05-14-2008, 07:58 PM
I love the design of this Laptop its gorgeous. If I was to win this laptop, I be able to get HD resolution on all of my PC games. Especially the upcoming StarCraft II. I would of course hand my current laptop over to some deserving soul.

My Youtube account: sojourner753

Filip Norrgard
05-14-2008, 08:49 PM
YouTube username: manywhere

Well, since I hit the "submit comment" button a bit early, and there's no edit button available, here is my spell checked reply from YouTube:
"The Dragon would rock my world by completely changing the amount of power I have at my disposal at (to some amound limited) any place in the world. Plus, would be nice to see if those BluRay discs are as bad in image quality as I've heard. Probably would have to get a gym card as well to be able to lift the Dragon notebook to anywhere remotely far from my apartment! :D""

trtube99
05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The HP Dragon, what a machine!
For me this machine would replace my current laptop. This would be awesome, as well as aiding in web and other software development for work, my son and I would use it for gaming and I would certainly explore the media centre options. Movie editing hmmm, now this device would make that very possible, time to dust off all those old videos, plus start a movie project with the kids.

Thanks for a great unboxing presentation! (Liked the start)

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity!

youtube username: trtube99

brices21
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
The dragon would bring about much change in my life. I might even be able to learn to speak in complete sentences once I aquire such an animal.

youtube user: brices21

Wempeh
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
This notebook would rock my world by allowing me to go to lan parties more often. And with (or even without) an extra monitor attached it would be great for designing websites. It would also take less space on my desk than my current pc and still offer more; like the ability to play high definition 1080p blu-ray movies.

Youtube username: Hamersma5

dominick_7
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
USER NAME: Dominick7

Awesome video! I have been wanting the HDX for a while now, and it would finally allow me to seamlessly work on 2D/3D animation, music composition, video editing, gaming, web design/mastering, as well as being a complete entertainment system for watching tv/cable/movies in HD (will be the only HD tv in the house), recording tv/cable, and many many other things all in 1 device! I would SO love to win this! I really need a device like this. I've looked at all of them and this is really the BEST 1!

I would also like to add that winning this would free up the money I have been saving for the HDX for very worthy causes dealing with helping other people fulfill their dreams, as winning this laptop would help me fulfill mine. Thank you for the opportunity!

Tune2Zune
05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I do 90% of my computing on notebook computers. I like to have the ability to go where needed with my computer and not have to worry about making sure everything is transferred to another computer. I mostly do photography on my computer, but I like to multitask while working, I like to listen to music and surf as well. I also am a gamer, but don't really game on PCs cause my laptop can't handle it. The dragon could keep up with all I want to do.

To win the Dragon would be a dream come true!

YouTube: Tune2Zune

Miiw007
05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
The Dragon would rock my world by giving me a chance to have Laptop with me in school. ( I dont have laptop.) Also It would be really cool to have powerful computer to play with, which I don't have now, because they're too expensive :). Also I would continue making games with my friends with this powerful computer! So yeah it really would rock my day, month and year! :D

Youtube account name: Miiw007

Dybbuk
05-14-2008, 11:56 PM
YouTube Name: DybbukAtroxic

The Dragon will rock my world by improving ever aspect of my computing experience. I have a pretty good desktop but I wish I could use it in other rooms of the house or when I go to friends houses but alas I only have a desktop but with this I could take it places if needed and also do much more than my pc can now...gaming, video and audio editing, video and audio streaming, 3D Design which I've always wanted to get into and so much more... Please let it be mine.

UCCOFFEE
05-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I really would like to win one of this!
I currenty NEED to get a new moniter for my 12 inch laptop, a screen like 20 inch like this dragon is just right, with it, i dun need to plug in any cable for moniter, all in one, I think it's even prettier than a imac!
but I dunno how to use it to it max 4G ram ... it's really extreme laptop :P
BUT I STILL REALLY wanna WIN IT!
pick me pick me

mnmontana
05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
My Comment - Winning the Dragon would rock my world in so many different ways. Mostly by providing my husband and I a way to properly show off our web development and design work without having to be in front of a full fledge desktop. A laptop that can properly run development programs and has a giant screen to properly show off designs would have an amazing ability to completely rock my world.
My Youtube UN (mnmontana)

darshan1218
05-15-2008, 01:10 AM
this laptop will change my life. it will help with my school work . i never had my own computer before i share computer with my brother. this laptop is way better then my desktop is every categories.

youtube username:darshan1218

littlebull
05-15-2008, 02:13 AM
The dragon would rock my world by replacing the desktop PC I have right now. And giving me a chance to a whole new world!!

YouTube Name: zippersmybaby

spttdmst
05-15-2008, 03:09 AM
I have been closely watching the HP HDX since its public release a year ago. As I transfer to Oregon State University this fall, the Dragon will rock my world by literally becoming my entire media center as well as a monster powerhouse for homework.

My YouTube username: spttdmst

JustCruisinB
05-15-2008, 03:24 AM
I have a really old desktop about 6 years old. It has been through its fair share of problems and is kind of a hit or miss of whether or not it will work each day. I like to surf the web for the most part on my computer, I'd like to do other things as well. To ask this of my computer is nearly impossible, if it works long enough to perform these tasks, it is slow. I'd love to get the Dragon to replace my desktop, save some space, and get to enjoy everything computers have to offer now.

You Tube Username: JustCruisinBy (http://ca.youtube.com/user/JustCruisinBy)

theplaymaker
05-15-2008, 03:31 AM
Youtube Username: theplaymaker62

This laptop would revolutionize the way I use Computers. I would make it the center of my universe and let it consume my soul... Okay, well maybe not that deep, but it would be really nice to be able to laugh as I boot up the amazing 20" screen around my friends, and revel in the fact that I would have the fastest, prettiest, and most amazing computer of all. Bragging is something I've always something i've had to endure, this time the tables would turn!!! ;)

asims
05-15-2008, 03:31 AM
My desktop's hard drive just crashed last week and this "portable desktop" would be a great replacement! Not only would it give me a bigger screen to work on, it would free up my current 19" LCD to be used for another computer!
If I won this laptop, my world would definitely be rocked because I have never won anything near the price of this incredible piece of technology!

youtube username - ppcutuber

achenxp
05-15-2008, 03:38 AM
This marvelous machine will totally rock my world! Doing development work in the study room, take it to the bedroom or lounge to watch high-definition blueray video, or lan-party with friends! This is what I've been dreamed of! YouTube Name: achenxp

JPD6825
05-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Jason ! WOW !
Winning - No... OWNING this DRAGON WOULD ROCK MY WORLD! TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN! I'd quit my day job - No - probably just forget to go to back to work. I'd just spend weeks playing with this thing.

I see the future - Director / Producer... Academy Award Winner... all from video edited entirely on my DRAGON. An Entire Post Production facility on my lap! Wow!

Just WOW!

Make the dream come true!

YOUTUBE MEMBER NAME: JPD6825 - of course

W.I.P.
05-15-2008, 04:11 AM
Repost of my YouTube comment, Username: canadianutube

I would go so green - as in telecommuting! I can't even suggest it to my boss right now because of my pathetic desktop (not even a laptop). I could work where I wanted, I could play where I wanted... I could actually start to edit and do something with the tons of video that I've taken (but done nothing with) of my daughters!

Major Geek Lust!

XUHAB79
05-15-2008, 04:14 AM
This would totally rock my world.

It would probably mean the end of my marriage - my husband would be soooooo jealous. But I'd probably get over him - what with the Dragon to keep me warm.

I'm in love! :-)

My youtube ID is XUHAB79

Jason, I have got to HAVE this Beast!

BlackNemesis
05-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Wow this thing is epic! The dragon would rock my world since the computer I've been using is an old slow piece of junk running XP on 128mb of ram! I've been meaning to get a better computer and intend to go into interactive media and design so this will definately help me there. I've also been wanting to get an HDTV and this beast doubles as one. This thing is just ultimate geek drool, MUST OWN NOW!

(Youtube Username: BlackNemesis13)

cusgibson
05-15-2008, 04:21 AM
The Dragon would be the ultimate desktop replacement/space-saver device for me. With the wife complaining about my office being too cluttered, this device sitting on my desk would be very impressive! Not to mention that I could use it for video editing, as a multimedia center with my Logitech surround sound speakers and having Blu-ray available would prevent me from having to explain to my Mrs. the need to purchase a Sony Playstation just for viewing Blu-ray dvds! I'm in uber geek lust!

Youtube screenname: cusgibson

FirstSalvo
05-15-2008, 04:23 AM
"How will the Dragon rock your world?" Well it would start by gettig me out of the computer room and into the living room to spend more time with my family. With the Dragon I could compute and spend time simultaneously. Can't do much better than that!

YouTube username: FirstSalvo

TeamNinja
05-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Rock my world!
I'd spend 50% of my time watching Blu-Ray movies!
I'd spend 50% of my time playing Halo on my 360 using the Dragon as an HD display.
I'd spend 50% of my time dreaming of the next great game that I would create - using my very own dragon as the development system for that project!
I need more time.

On YouTube I am TeamNinjaFanatic

kibmcz
05-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Id actually be able to play games at a real FPS (currently on a crappy sempron tower)... and of course it would allow me to run dual lcd (my 19" wide lcd as 2nd monitor). Id kinda forget about my Macbook LOL

Youtube username: kibmczv2

poqeteer
05-15-2008, 04:59 AM
This would certainly allow me to get rid of my current computer (an old laptop) and let me do some serious video, photo, and web design work. Right now my old system so bad I can't get a thing done...

Plus it would be sweet to having that blu-ray player... =)

My YouTube username: poqeteer

extravagant
05-15-2008, 05:10 AM
This would be perfect, I would finally be able to enjoy youtube and media on a computer again as my current 4.5 year old sony which cost me so much can't do anything any more, thanks for the opportunity! good luck to all.

youtube account: extravagant55

ManMythLegend
05-15-2008, 05:11 AM
youtube user cyberstick05 reporting for duty!

i would soo owe you guys one if i was chosen...not like i said i would owe you one when you guys took me to get that thing removed that one night after CES; i would TOTALLY follow through on this one....

honest!

Koldark
05-15-2008, 05:44 AM
As my computer is over 5 years old, I would be using this computer for my audio podcast and maybe add a video component to the show. Also I could finally edit those home videos of the kids for blackmail when they are teenagers. :-)

This computer looks sweet and I would love to get rid of all of my other computers and replace them all with this one.

- YouTube Name "Koldark"

Hunterbender
05-15-2008, 05:52 AM
To Whom it May Concern:

How might the dragon change my life?I never had any games systems(parents) therefore computer became my world.Throughout the years,I have mastered different programming languages and other computer related areas.However,this specific summer,I am trying to achieve something more.I have entered a international mathematics competition!I am trying to create a analysis different economic system through computer models.

Hence, I need to crunch a huge amount of data. The Dragon would allow me to bring the project to a whole new level.

My current laptop is on the verge of collapse (9 and 1/2 years old). The battery no longer charge, and AC power works half the time (since the jack seems to be loose). Out of the 2 USBs, one failed completely, so I have to connect and reconnect different acc. I am looking into buying a new computer soon, but being a student, I am not the richest. So, winning this would definitely make things better. No, it would be the best thing ever happened to me.

This is the FIRST time I compete in a a giveaway like this, I am simply desperate.

Thank you for reading this.

Youtube: Hunterbender

Best Wishes,
Ben Zheng

PS Congratulation to the one who wins the system since my chance is rather slim.

IwantAnHDX
05-15-2008, 05:58 AM
This thing is a beast... One thing is for sure, and that is that the HDX Dragon will be replacing my current desktop. I will also no longer and lag in die in FPS's.

YouTube Username: IwantAnHDX

john10142001
05-15-2008, 05:58 AM
first of all.. my youtube account name is
john10142001
With this laptop I could do so much. I LOVE doing collabs(studio recordings) for my forum and with this laptop I will be able to edit using highest quality like no other. Also, I will be able to watch performances in real 1080p while getting rid of my 12.1 inch tx1000 since it is my ONLY other computer... and i really owuld love it to help our engineering program that i work a part of. I work as web designer so flash and photoshop would be a lot easier on the Dragon.. so please help me out!!!

--
[email protected]

JMacC2502
05-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Youtube account JMacC2502

I would use the Dragon to replace my outdated 5 year old pc that was built for music production, and my 2 year old DEAD alienware laptop, I would use this for creating music, watching/editing movies, listening to music, power gaming, power browsing and everything, I love gadgets like my pocket pc, and this would be a great addition to my electronics

digitalblue
05-15-2008, 06:05 AM
The Dragon would be a much-needed upgrade for me... I have a fast-aging desktop that takes up a lot of space (and BTUs). I've always wanted to edit video, maybe even get into short films, but I've never had anything powerful enough to do it. I could capture video on site! I'll bet this could even handle HD editing... Gaming is also important to me. To have a portable machine that could run LAN party games at a decent framerate would be a godsend.

YouTube user: digitalblue

P.S. this contest is doing its job... I heard about your site through the contest listing and it's pretty cool!

WeekendShopp
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
The Dragon would allow me to get out of the office more. I think this is plenty mobile to spend the afternoon in a restaurant and get the days work done. On slower days, it forget about work and just have fun watching movies, listening to music and playing games.

I use a Blackberry almost as much as my computer, but the Dragon would crush, literally, my Blackberry ;-)

I don't think there is a product available that could beat what the Dragon offers.
YouTube Username: WeekendShopper (http://ca.youtube.com/user/WeekendShopper)

starrwulfe
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
(YouTube Nickname: StarrWulfe)

Basically I need a good video editing rig that's portable. I've been making do with my home-brew PC I cobbled together out of various PC parts either given or left around the studio but my schedule has me traveling a lot now. My poor $900 laptop wasn't really bought with the idea that I was gonna edit 90 minute documentaries and Flash animation on it. With the HDX, I could have a great multimedia studio that packs easy and has plenty of power to render those power-sapping Adobe applications all-day long.

Check out my video response-- http://snipurl.com/29589
I hope it falls in line with the rules. I just wanted to have a little fun with the contest thats all.

jinxie
05-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Winning this computer would really Rock!

My current HP beastie is getting old, despite hardware upgrades, and would really look nice on my niece's desk... almost as nice as the Dragon would look on mine!

I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping!

And thank you (and HP and Buzzcorps) for this opportunity, and for designing the contest this way. From one subscription, I am learning lots of new places to explore!

(YouTube nick is jinxie2300)

Thanks again!

jinxie

n0iz3
05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
(...)

I want people to walk into my room and feel like in the joke:

A young man asks his granny:
- Have you seen my pills, the ones i left on the table? They were labeled "ecstasy"...
Granny:
-"Forget the pills, man... Have you seen the Dragon in the room?"

YouTube username: n0iz3

Good luck to everyone :)

Glaesc
05-15-2008, 12:05 PM
YouTube username: Glaciersmash

This would rock my world by giving me a completely new class of platform to work and game on. Its specifications, features, and power completely blow my current desktop out of the water, allowing me to play the newest and most graphically intensive games, such as Crysis and CoD4. I would be able to finally ditch my loud desktop, dodgy speakers, and tiny monitor for something both powerful and stylish.

inuman
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Just look at this beautiful dragon!
I'd definitely give it a place in my heart and make it the king of my living room.
Thank you HP and DigitalHome for delivering such a beautiful creature...
I'm out of words...

(florindmtr @ youtube)

mugsydean
05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
The Dragon will rock my world like whirling transient nodes of thought cascading into a cosmic vapor of invention, oh and I could use a blu-ray player too. Im a filmmaker with a movie out on blu-ray and a few more on the way, but no way to watch it. Dean Needs Dragon.

-Dean

MY YOUTUBE USERNAME IS MUGSYDEAN

brajko2
05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
YouTube username: k212kb

I need this laptop so I can watch the 2008 UEFA European Football Championship! Croatia is my home team and in last 10 years we haven't played in quarter-finals of any major Euro or World championship. With it I can watch all of the soccer games at peace. It seems that whenever there's a game on TV, there's always some interesting series or film on the other channel and them the battle for remote control starts with my girlfriend! This dragon device would really make my life more easier with that integrated TV-tuner.

nrowe
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Youtube: Combolock99

Like I said, I don't have a laptop. Having a Dragon would be like going from 0 to 60 in a second. What would I do with it? EVERYTHING!!!!

Norm

thingos
05-15-2008, 01:46 PM
A HP Dragon would rock anyone's world with its advanced features and cool design ... though not as much as mine! A machine like this would change my life by becoming the central unit of a media and gaming station that would be enjoyed by myself and my two girls for years to come. Allowing us to listen to music with hi-fi quality, watch full HD videos with superb surround sound, plus have a superior gaming experience. What an awesome piece of kit!

Mal.
(youtube:thingos04)

DaleReeck
05-15-2008, 01:55 PM
How would the Dragon rock my world? Desktops are dead, laptops are the new desktops and this is powerful enough to be a top line desktop PC.

YouTube: DaleReeck

DonDoth
05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
DonDoth (http://www.youtube.com/user/DonDoth)

The Dragon would rock my world, my Entertainment System, and my video collection! I currntly suffer along on a 5 year old P4, and would love to jump on Vista...

CostyKopek
05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
The dragon would rock my world because it would finally let me watch the pile of Blue-ray DVDs I have that I can't watch since my PS3 died. Plus how could it not rock my world with those specs, I would love it like a child :)

YouTube: CostyKopek

tabi13
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
This would rock my world in 2 ways
1. I generally like desktops for my computing needs but I cant lug one around cuz they are not portable. This will be the perfect in-between solution.
2. I will be able to give my current ultra portable laptop (which I cant get used to) to my fiancee who absolutely loves it and will really put to good use

Once again, Youtube user: tabi1379

asbar
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
This computer would rock my world and change my life. I currently share a small laptop with my wife and daughter. Between the 2 of them, they download enough spyware and viruses to shut it down every 3 weeks or so. I usually spend 2 full days cleaning it up, and once reinstalled Windows. Having this powerhouse would let me make a clean start, and I wouldn't have to share!.

Alan
YouTube username: asbar01

civicminded7
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
This Computer would Rock my world because I work online all day on an old Dell P3 laptop. I'm lucky to get it to surf, w/ 384 ram, w/this 1 machine, I could achieve some of my fondest life's goals. Start a business, use Cad, &other programs to design and perfect my inventions, publish & edit songs, create fan films, design video game mods, and finish school. I tried upgrading with a used p4 to save money & found that I bought a lemon. So much bad luck w/ everything. this would change my life.
civicminded76 on youtube.
I would also add that I love gaming, playing guitar, & making movies. With this I could create a near professional music video, or fan film. I could also finish teaching myself how to program and create mods to video games. The P3 I'm using now is on it's last legs. The CD burner burned out, and now only reads, the battery is dead and it has to be plugged in (via sketchy frayed wire) all the time. It only has USB1, and despite a shot in the arm of XP sp2, it's also done weird things and shut it self down a couple times. The custom hot rod P4 I thought I was buying turned out to be a dressed up Gateway. The DVD rw drive might not even work, and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner when running w/ the fan. I mentioned bad luck with everything. Between 4 different cars, over 5 years, I've been scammed by various car salesmen, and mechanics of over 10k and no longer bother to mess with cheap cars, or even new ones. I prefer to bike till I can safely get in a vehicle.
This computer would be a lifeline, & w/ it many doors of opportunity and fun could be opened up for me and my family.

elkyyy
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I came because I heard about the Dragon contest, but am impressed with your site and forum! Great work!
elkyyy (also my youTube name)

atmackie
05-15-2008, 04:44 PM
The Dragon would rock my world because it would build my laughable upper body strength as I lug it from room to room.

YouTube: atmackie

et0sam0e
05-15-2008, 05:02 PM
This would be great for our family, we could give the kids their own computer. No more messing with Mom and Dad's! We're driving cross-country this summer, and this would keep the kids entertained nicely. What a machine!

(YouTube name: et0sam0e)

heidi80801
05-15-2008, 05:04 PM
YouTube username: Heidi80801

As I told already at youtube, I am working on a desktop at my home. Getting this fantastic laptop would really rock my world. It would enable me, to do my work in one of the famous Munich beergardens.

And I will keep this site under my favorites, to return from time to time :-)

nam_shal
05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
:)This dragon would really rock my world, as to own something like this is beyond my wildest dreams. I am doctor and whatever free time I get I spend it surfing the net and blogging.:)

lewdog64
05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
How will the Dragon rock My world?

I could get rid of my old one and experience something completely awesome

Snowmation
05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
This would rock my world by allowing me to experience full 1080p which up to now I've never experienced other than at bestbuy. I'd be so hyped if I could watch blu-ray movies in full 1080p....and it would also be cool to get a bit of gaming done on such a huge screen a full size keyboard.

youtube usernam: Snowmation

absolon3
05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
As a current Mac user, the Dragon would surely rock my world from its foundation. For the first time I would be able to tap into the full potential of the PC to create and edit my short films and shoot review videos for my YouTube channel. Using the huge screen and keyboard to write new poetry via MS Office and make new blog entries for my blogsite would be amazing. The Dragon would give me the ability to completely make the switch from Mac to PC...and possibly even iPod to Zune!

For a few years I had been a full-fledged supporter of Apple from purchasing my first iPod 3rd generation player and my first 12inch iBook. This was a result of my not-so-remarkable PC experience with an IBM ThinkPad running Windows 98 with a 7GB harddrive and hardly any RAM for functionality. In order to use iTunes I had to install an updated OS that was at least Windows 2000, so I purchased the XP Home Edition upgrade. After the install I quickly learned that my IBM could barely handle XP let alone iTunes, but this was my first laptop and I simply didn't know any better. For a couple months I had become accustomed to waiting at least 2 minutes to download ONE song and I really thought this was normal for iTunes!! To make matters worse, I didn't have any space on the harddrive to store any downloaded music so I decided to manually update my iPod and then delete the original song from the computer completely (idiotic...I know)! To make this even better, I actually thought that nothing bad could happen to my beloved 3rd gen iPod to where I could lose ALL of the $500 worth of music I had bought via iTunes...I was so wrong. I learned the hard way the second time I dropped my iPod onto concrete and then found myself spending the next few days in vain to try and get rid of the "sad Mac" icon on the flickering screen! That was when I went online, bought a new 4th gen ClickWheel iPod and my first iBook and was BLOWN AWAY by the performance of iTunes and the laptop! I was a Mac fan for life and no one could tell me any different...this was in 2003.

It is now 2008 and I have been through a lot in my Mac-crazed years from the introduction of the color screen iPod, the Nano, the Shuffle, the video iPod, the IntelMac lineup, the Mighty Mouse, the iPhone, the AppleTV, the iPod Touch, the MacBook Air and other gadgets. I even worked for a few months at the first Apple Store at my local mall in Downtown Norfolk and had a great time, but that was when things began to change for me. Working for Apple was not the enlightening life-changing epiphany I had expected, it was simply another part-time job where sales numbers and figures seemed to be more important than the overall customer experience. The realization that not everyone is satisfied by the Mac really hit home as I would talk to potential switchers who would eventually decide they were better off staying with their PC. After eventually leaving the company to persue other interests I never thought that I would ever consider a PC for anything in my life, but I was wrong.

I currently attend a technical school which is of course dominated by the PC, and I learned early on that my MacBook Pro, even with Parallels or Boot Camp, was no all-in-one saving grace for my computing needs. To gain efficient access to school data offsite from school I needed to run Internet Explorer instead of Safari or Firefox, and to ensure software compatibility in my completed assignments I needed MS Office instead of iWork. As a result I recently purchased my second PC laptop, a HP TX2110, and I am simply amazed at the functionality I got for the money I paid ($930)!! If one was to walk into an Apple Store with $930 for a laptop they would be sadly mistaken, and this notion really began to make me angry as I compared my HP to my 15inch MacBook Pro. To think that something so expensive could be justified by simplistic form factor design and a single brand name really caused me to feel jipped after all these years.

I was willingly blinding myself to the fact that there are worthy alternatives for different customers when it comes to personal computing, and this was a real shame. What is even more sad is that people are often caught up in heated Mac vs PC debates that are endless and non-productive. As of right now I go between the Mac and PC worlds with my laptops and feel that it grants me a substantial advantage as I continue to attend school for my degree in Wireless Communications. But eventually I will have to settle with one side and I think that the PC will have to be the final choice.

I am using my MacBook Pro right now for multimedia purposes (music library managment and video shooting/editing) since I do all of my office and school work on the HP TX2110, but the Dragon will surely give me a chance to make the full switch to PC. As a powerhouse model it would certainly provide a welcoming and worthwhile environment where I could efficiently manage all of my personal data once it transferred from my Mac. At that point I would be able to permanently say goodbye to my MacBook Pro and cut the ties to Apple. I guess times really are changing for me.

TRENT
YouTube member - absolon3

jeasley37
05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
This is one serious laptop. If I win the contest, the dragon will replace my aging desktop. This thing is such a monster in performance that I'll be able to play the latest pc games for the first time in years. It's also a monster in size, so it probably won't make it out of the house much. It's basically the most hardcore laptop I've ever seen. Who wouldn't want it?

youtube username = jeasley37

Great contest!

ridolfo
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Now that is good enough to run my development environment, and watch a movie at the same time.... Well, theoretically. This would definitely replace my current desktop, which more and more sounds like an airplane taking off, and has about the right size to complete that image.

(youtube: ridolfo1)

darkkelf
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I could finally ditch this crappy laptop I got from work. Sounds like I'd be able to do everything I'd ever want to on it. Finally be able to watch all my seasons of CSI anywhere I want and kick some butt on all the video games I've wanted to buy but my laptop couldn't play.

YouTube username: darkkelf

Rusched
05-15-2008, 07:52 PM
This would go straight to my brother, who's birthday is in a week by the way. I've already got the perfect laptop for my lifestyle, a sweet x61 Tablet. My brother though is the ultimate gaming, hi-def, blu-ray, Super Entertainment Guru. He's also an aspiring video game developer who would definitely benefit from this in a professional manner. It's funny that "Gears of War" is included, he's always used that particular game as a benchmark of what he needs a system to handle.

youtube username: Rusched

DrIndianaJon
05-15-2008, 07:59 PM
How will the Dragon rock my world?

I've always dabbled in photography and videography, the Dragon would help me realize new benefits of taking my entire development studio with me. By the time the event is over I could be offering discs with the video or photos. No longer would I be chained to a desk to do my "heavy lifting".

zgochenour
05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I would use the laptop as a home media extension in my bedroom, and take it with me when traveling on business trips for evening and weekend gaming or blu-ray watching.

(Youtube username: zgochenour)

NathanScott
05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Being a self-proclaimed web designer, this laptop would help me work better, faster, and smarter in and out of the home, playing games or watching movies whenever I need to relax or take a break. It wouldn't replace my desktop system (I'd still use that as an browser/email machine), but it would take over the desk.

(YouTube: LeftHandedGeek)

apwillis
05-15-2008, 08:12 PM
This would so make my current laptop my red headed tech stepchild.

Youtube Username: apwillis

Kain
05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
I'd use this wonder to replace my home computer and to watch some kick butt movies! It's a perfect companion for when my mate wants to watch her shows.

YouTube Username: tenchi00013

Sidster2
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I found your site via the Dragon contest. I see why HP selected your site. Pretty interesting stuff. Thanks.

Any case thanks for giving me a 2nd drawing for posting a reply. Hope I win, but I guess everyone wants to win too.

Oh I forgot to post up my YouTube name in my post..

Sidster2

teaguecarval
05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi,
Wow this thing is amazing. I really would love something like this. The DRAGON os supercharged to meet all my video games and speed needs. As a young movie editor I could use ULEAD PLUS which is one of the best programs out there. This alptop is a majorly needed update, becuase my computer is not the best :(. All my friends laugh at me for trying this but I am not the one to quit from this contest. I have one thing left to say. The Dragon is my dream to get, please help me get it :)!

Teague Carvalho

Username: Teaguecarvalho

crestind
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
If I get this beast... my busted up 256RAM Acer is heading to eBay first thing! I'd finally be able to efficiently view two documents on that massive screen and I'd be able to enjoy its fantastic sound system. Photoshop would also run superbly on this, and web designing will be an even more enjoyable experience once I'm not struggling to run more than 3 applications at once!
Youtube:crestind

edgar
05-15-2008, 09:04 PM
This system would be awesome connected to my 50" Kuro and Denon AVR. I could use it as a BR player and DVR.

As a bonus I finally would have a great semi portable gaming system as well! All I'd need is a wheeled cart or a laptop sumo slave to move it from place to place :D

Youtube ID is Edgarhuffenstuf (http://ca.youtube.com/user/Edgarhuffenstuf).

-Edgar

Ruben32
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
GREAT video for my whole family, Photoshop CS3 will be great for my sister and I, since we both like doing that... and I just cannot believe how good WarRock and Warcraft would be with this machine! This Dragon machine will really help me and my sister go through school, with all those art projects we do. I would also be able to keep more things in the machine since it has 500GB of storage, my computer has only 80gb atm. This machine would just ROCK my world, EVERY single thing will be easier.

Username : Ruben3232

Peopleunit
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I'd power up the "DRAGON" to jump on the net spewing flaming emails, red hot blog posts, and all sorts of other crazy stuff, bragging about my good fortune!! Then, after coming to my senses (provided I haven't gotten arrested :-) I'd use it for, I'd use it to, well - I'd use it for EVERYTHING!!! Pant! Pant! Pant! Peopleunit (Both here, and on the YOU Tube of course!)

Isaac Kauwe
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Hmm, to avoid being just like everyone and saying it'll TOTALLY ROCK MY SOCKS. I would just love to have this computer. I do a lot of work from my laptop from General Photoshopping to Photo Editing on the fly to using it to finish up term papers while my buddy is driving me to class. My problem is my laptop is less than capable of doing all this stuff and I usually spend more time waiting for stuff to load than actually doing stuff. FIX IT!MugsyXD on youtube

BethM73
05-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Having this laptop would allow my husband to keep in touch with me and our 3 kids while he is over in Iraq serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is serving his 5th tour over in Iraq and we are very proud of him. However, he just lost his laptop last year and now cannot keep in touch with us as easily as he used to. The soldiers only have 15 minutes a week to talk on the phone, so this laptop would be the perfect Father's Day Gift for the entire family, allowing daddy to touch base with us!

YouTube: BethM73

Rick7753
05-15-2008, 11:24 PM
This Dragon would Rock My World by me having my own computer to use. My wife gets on the computer and plays Pinochle for hours and I can't even check my email. Seriously this would be the most powerful computer I own.

YouTube Nick: Rick7753

lwsm0610
05-15-2008, 11:26 PM
The Dragon would ROCK MY WORLD because I am 7 months pregnant and expecting my second child, a girl. I already have so many videos and pictures of my son that I haven't been able to do anything with because our computer can't handle it and now I am only going to be adding TONS more to the load. I want to be able to take all of those memories and do amazing things such as video editing and digital scrapbooking to have all those memories last a lifetime.

daninnj
05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
The Dragon will allow me to give my older HP laptop to my cousin, who is majoring in photography and who's current laptop is too slow and old to run programs such as Photoshop.

handle: daninnj

waiko80
05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Great Review.:)

The Dragon will be one perfect desktop replacement for me as I enjoys portable, convenient and great entertainment experience especially living in a cramp space area.:eek:

More screen estate enhanced clarification of data comparison and editing jobs (Photos or Video). The Dragon can contribute to Folding@Home for medicine research . Portable home entertainment system when traveling anywhere. :p

I will donate my desktop PC for Dragon so that I can begin a new portable computing experience.:o

Youtube ID: Waiko80 (http://ca.youtube.com/user/waiko80)

pheotazo
05-16-2008, 12:10 AM
This laptop would take my gaming online and allow me to play the latest games at the highest settings. I'd be able to watch blu-ray movies and the fingerprint reader would just be really, really, awesome!

Youtube user name: Pheotazo