View Full Version : Pocket PC Thoughts is Seven Years Old Today

Jason Dunn
10-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Right in the nick of time, a scant 30 minutes before the end of the day in my time zone, I remembered that I forgot to finish my post about Pocket PC Thoughts celebrating its seven year on the Web. One of our great moderators Steven Cedrone <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=443839">remembered earlier today</a>, but I meant to make this front page news for one specific reason: <i>to thank all of you</i>.<br /><br />Without you, the readers, Pocket PC Thoughts wouldn't exist. Without you, our community of posters, we wouldn't have the friendly and helpful forums that we have. Without you, the people buying products from our affiliate stores and clicking on banners, I wouldn't have been able to make a career out of running online communities. Pocket PC Thoughts is still the biggest site in the Thoughts Media Network - it's our flagship site, and although the world of Windows Mobile is undergoing changes (the whole Pocket PC/smartphone thing) I intend to run this site as long as there's a community of people out there willing to keep coming back for more. Without you, we'd have nothing here, so I give each and every one of you reading this my most sincere thanks.<br /><br />A special thanks also goes out to the companies that have supported this site faithfully over the years: Spb Software House, PPC Techs, WebIS, and others. And of course the amazing team of people who contribute to various aspects of the site: our editorial team of Darius, Ed, Paul, Janak, Jon, Nurhisham, and all the other editors that came before them (Brad, Marlof, and others). Our moderators Steven and Jeff. Our review team led by Doug, which includes Don, Judie, Vincent, and others. Fabrizio behind the scenes doing great coding work and graphics, Jorj helping me with the server (along with Janak and Jon), my wife Ashley doing all the copyediting for reviews...the list goes on. There are so many amazing people who contribute their time and energy to this site, all with the goal of giving you, our readers, the best experience possible.<br /><br />Thank you for coming back to Pocket PC Thoughts again and again - here's to another seven years!

JonnoB
10-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Congratulations Jason!

This site is a daily (usually multiple times daily) stop for me. Becoming a subscriber has been very worthwhile in the many friends I have made, great tips, and overall community.

heliod
10-13-2007, 09:07 AM
To Jason and the team at Pocket PC Thoughts,

Congratulations on your 7th year anniversary.

Pocket PC Thoughts has been of much importance to me, personally: it has been the site which I consulted before buying my first iPaq in 2001, and I come daily to it since then. I am not ashamed to say that the model of Pocket PC Thoughts was the basis for the conception of my site for the Hebrew speakers.

Editors like Jason, Ed, Marlof, Brad, Janak, Andy (and I am sure I am forgetting some) have become personal friends despite the physical distance.

All the above just shows not only the importance and quality of the site, but also the high level of dedication of the people involved, who have never saved in efforts in doing anything that promotes the platform, including giving advice and help to others that intend to create similar websites either in English or other languages.

You are a great site with a great team, and most of all, great friends.

May PocketPCThoughts live forever !

Best regards,

Helio

Arne Hess
10-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Congrats Jason and team! Sounds to me it was yesterday when you created your Thoughts site to PPC.com... Ah the old days... :wink:

Looking forward the next 7 years of PocketPCThoughts.com, I wish you and the team all the future success you guys deserve! Keep up the great site and community work!!! :way to go:

peterawest
10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Congratulations Jason!

It’s good to see something good like this has just kept on going and even spawned a few similar sites. Keep up the good work.

And thanks to all of your team. We really do appreciate the good site(s).

Yata
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
That's an incredible achievement - congratualtions!

You've even out-lived the term "Pocket PC". :)

yawanag
10-13-2007, 01:42 PM
MY HOW TIME FLIES (when you're having fun) CONGRATULATIONS!

Ilucked up on PPCT when I got my first PPC, an HP Jornada 540. I get emotional when I think back on it.

I truly am a PPCT adict. Gotta have my fix sseveral times a day starting with you as my home page.

I keep abreast of all things mobile right here. By the way, I'm in the minority - a 74-year-year female who wouldn't have many companions, if it wasn't for this group. Most my age are scared to turn the computer on.

I'll stop rambling and just say, DON'T STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING, Jason, you and your team mean an awful lot to us!

jimbo
10-13-2007, 03:07 PM
:D 0X :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

k_kirk
10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Jason,

Congratulations!!! I remember many years ago when you came close to shutting down the site. Not sure what it was but somethings were frustating you. I am so glad you persevered and kept it going. The tech world is truly a better place thanks to the communities you have brought together and nurtured.

Keep it up. Thanks for a great job done!

hornet
10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED AT THE MOBILE HORNET SITE AT:
www.MOBILEHORNET.com

===========

To PocketPCThoughts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !

You were one of the first Pocket PC sites that took me on my adventure with mobile devices. And on this special day, THE MOBILE HORNET and its team share your success during these 7 years.

To Jason Dunn comment : “I intend to run this site as long as there’s a community of people out there willing to keep coming back for more. Without you, we’d have nothing here, so I give each and every one of you reading this my most sincere thanks.” we wish to say that we will come back as we always have done. You have a great site and thanks must go to you too for providing updated information to the mobile device community.

Pocket PC Thoughts was also an inspiration to my creation of THE MOBILE HORNET.

TO JASON DUNN AND YOUR TEAM - KEEP IT UP !

Underwater Mike
10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Happy birthday! :bday:

I found out about this site years ago via PocketPC Passion. Although Dale's site had its run, this one is still going strong. Gratz!

Judie Lipsett Hughes
10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Happy Birthday Pocket PC Thoughts! :mrgreen:

http://www.geardiary.com/2007/10/13/happy-birthday-pocket-pc-thoughts/

Phronetix
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Jason,

Seven years!?!?! 8O

I had no idea it was that long. As said earlier, it is quite an achievement. I respect your work greatly, and while we don't always see eye to eye in tech opinions, I thank God for your dedication, your opinions, and your diligence in creating this fabulous, home-grown resource for the windows mobile world. I also admire your demonstrated abilities in creating a team without physically being able to interact with them for the most part... it is impressive.

This site and DMT are the first places I come, and have been since I found them.

Good luck in the future... keep up the good fight. :-)

Hmmm, any itch so far this year? :wink:

Dennis Hayes

T-Will
10-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Congrats Jason and team!

The Thoughts Media sites are always my first stops whenever I check my RSS feed. :D

dh
10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Jason.
Over the years I've leaned a lot and had a lot of fun at PPC Thoughts.
Here's to the next seven!!

Deslock
10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I was part of the mass exodus from pdabuzz.com after its original owner (http://www.wessalmon.com/) left and the site started to suck. Thanks for all the entertainment over the years.

ctmagnus
10-13-2007, 11:57 PM
:bday: Happy Birthday Pocket PC Thoughts! :mrgreen: 8)

Is this also the birthday of Thoughts Media, or did that come later? Or do all the sites celebrate their birthdays separately? Or are there actually five birthdays between the four sites? ;) :?:

Darren Behan
10-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Happy Birthday, PPCT. After all these years, you continue to be an (at least) daily stop on my web crawl. Thanks for the years of help, guidance and, in many cases, a sympathetic ear for a rant or ten ;) But most of all, thanks for the opportunity to be a part of a community brought together by our love (obsession?) of PPCs and kept together by the quality of individuals that make it up.

db

davea
10-14-2007, 04:41 AM
To Jason and the team at Pocket PC Thoughts,

Congratulations on your 7th year anniversary. It just doesn't seem that long ago when I started checking your site FIRST when I fired up the old computer several times a day.

You all are a very valuable asset to the PPC community. Keep on trucking...

princeofzion
10-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Happy Birthday guys and thanks for a truly tremendous 7 years.

van_mierlo
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Happy birthday to all the great contributers at PocketPcThoughts. It's amazing 7 years have past.

To Jason and all the contributors (also the former ones).Thank you and keep on going

Jason Dunn
10-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Hmmm, any itch so far this year?

Yes, as a matter of fact I have been thinking of switching to Symbian.

NOT.

Haha. :lol:

Jason Dunn
10-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Is this also the birthday of Thoughts Media, or did that come later? Or do all the sites celebrate their birthdays separately? Or are there actually five birthdays between the four sites? ;) :?:

I have to admit that because Pocket PC Thoughts is the first, it's one of the few that I really do remember and celebrate with a post, but I of course should do it for all the sites. Does someone want to do me a favour and figure out when the first post was for each of the other sites? :D

And since Thoughts Media Inc. is just the corporation, I don't celebrate a "birthday" for it. Every year I manage to eek out a living and stay in business is celebration enough. :lol:

juni
10-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Happy Birthday :)

Here is a blast from the past:

Wayback (http://web.archive.org/web/20010124083000/http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.html)

:)

DrtyBlvd
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Many Happy Returns PPCT!

What we need is a timeline thing - like, say, the progress of man that you might see at a natural history museum?

Here's to the next 7 :)

db

Ilium Software
10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Happy Birthday and congratulations - 7 years is really an accomplishment to be proud of. Best of luck on the next 7,

Ellen