View Full Version : The Economist Examines Push Email: Its Time is Coming

Jonathon Watkins
03-30-2005, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=3775141' target='_blank'>http://www.economist.com/displaysto...tory_id=3775141</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The BlackBerry has spawned designer accessories; earned a nickname ("CrackBerry") that reflects its addictive nature; and even has a malady ("BlackBerry Thumb") associated with over-use. But its success means that the Canadian firm that makes it, Research in Motion (RIM), now faces a growing throng of competitors. . . . These guys exist because Microsoft is bad at mobile e-mail,” says Mr Modoff. But the next versions of Microsoft's mail-server and PocketPC software, due in a few months, will include support for BlackBerry-style "push" e-mail, whereby new messages simply appear in the in-box."</i><br /><br />This Economist article about push e-mail is a good primer on the current state of the market and what's likely to happen in the near future. There are currently 'only' 2.5 million users who have the pleasure of watching email appear before their eyes and the market is apparently set for massive mainstream growth. The pieces are almost in place and after all, why dial up and check your mail, when it can be immediately sent straight to you?

hamishmacdonald
03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
No, no, no: "ITS Time Is Coming" (if, in fact, is it).

"It's" is always a contraction of the words "it" and "is". So "It's Time Is Coming" means "It Is Time Is Coming".

I know it sounds nit-picky, but I'm a writer, that's a headline, and I like this website.

P.S. If you make the change, feel free to delete this post.

xhenxhe
03-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Hamish,

Ugh, it's McDonald, not MacDonald... j/k :devilboy:

ricksfiona
03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
I really don't see the big deal... Can't someone just click on send/receive?

With 'Pushing' e-mail, you basically have to leave your device on all the time. This doesn't make sense to me.

jlp
03-30-2005, 09:08 PM
I saw the grammar mistake too but I'm acustomed with Jonathon :twisted: :wink: (and I made the correction for myself).

OTOH if push mail is like SMS messages that makes your device beep when you get one, I can see the point: you don't have to worry all the time to check it, the device/service sees to it you get it immediately. But yes the corollary is that you have to have your device on at all time for the system to be efficient.

cmorris
03-30-2005, 09:58 PM
With 'Pushing' e-mail, you basically have to leave your device on all the time. This doesn't make sense to me.

Aren't cell phones (or similarly connected devices) on all the time anyway?

beq
03-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Hadn't Janak and other PPCT eds discussed the AUTD option for current version of Exchange Server (for PPCs and Smartphones)? But your quote of the article says this is only coming in the next version of Microsoft's software? Just curious thanks.

farnold
03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Push technology for email is really what I do NOT want at all. I want to decide when I receive emails and not have every spam I recive to annoy me even more.
Can you imagine a little bot in your house that delievers every piece of crap that someone puts in your letterbox immidiately to you while you eat, play with the kids, sleep, pee or whatever? Another invention in the group: how can technology help to destroy a normal life.

Jonathon Watkins
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM
I saw the grammar mistake too but I'm acustomed with Jonathon :twisted:

Fine. A PM is the usual way to deal with a spelling or gramatical mistake in a front page post. Thank you.

jlp
03-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Why did you have to pick on me particularly? :crazyeyes:

A general remark would be more appropriate, wouldn't it? :wink:

I just made the remark afterwards tho I saw the article when no one had posted yet. :angel:

that_kid
03-31-2005, 01:31 AM
I really don't see the big deal... Can't someone just click on send/receive?

Why do that when the device can do it for you. I'm using Exchange's AUTD feature and it's great. Having said that I would be depressed if I didn't have good spam filtering, else I'd be syncing all day.

Damion Chaplin
03-31-2005, 01:50 AM

"It's" is always a contraction of the words "it" and "is". So "It's Time Is Coming" means "It Is Time Is Coming".

um, apostrophe 's' also denotes possesion, does it not?

For example: Jonathan's grammer mistake. Hamish's habit of correcting people. Also: 'the cleaning power of bleach' can be written 'bleach's cleaning power', correct?

So if I said 'the Pocket PC's time is coming' couldn't I also say 'Pocket PC: It's time is coming'? Wouldn't that be possesive? Or am I wrong? (it's been a while since I took grammer so I could very well be).

So sorry to take the thread completely off topic, it's just been bugging me all day... :wink:

beq
03-31-2005, 02:58 AM
Hadn't Janak and other PPCT eds discussed the AUTD option for current version of Exchange Server (for PPCs and Smartphones)? But your quote of the article says this is only coming in the next version of Microsoft's software? Just curious thanks.

BTW sorry, by mentioning "your quote" I didn't mean it to come across as rude or anything. I was really trying to ask more about the details as I've been curious about AUTD and wondering what the next version of MS software is supposed to add.

In fact I've been wanting to get it for a hosted Exchange subscription, and I JUST remembered that Jason had in an earlier thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=336134#330679) mentioned another hosted Exchange provider that offers AUTD, and I had bookmarked the site intending to check it out later, then forgot all about it!

Let's see... here it is: http://www.4smartphone.net/

Wow that's some good pricing (same $7/month and large 1GB mailbox as 1and1 which I thought had been the single cheapest one, and 4smartphone even offers a lower $4/month without the bundled copy of Outlook)! 8O And since Jason recommended it I have good hope it's a good, reliable and feature-rich provider and not just a bottom-of-barrel low cost offering (?).

Jason or whoever else has tried it, can you guys write up more details or comparison to other providers and such, would be appreciated :) In fact I see some stuff on the site that I'd like to find out more about.. For example I didn't even know LogMeIn now supports a Pocket PC client (when did that happen?). I happen to have seen their ad on PPCThoughts when accessing the site from a public computer today (where all the ads were displayed)...

Whoops sorry to stray OT for my part too...

Gerard
03-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Once again I am mystified by this 'push email' thing. There's a jerk on Brighthand (unless he's been banned again) who swears this feature is head and shoulders above anything the Pocket PC has to offer. Article after article seems to suggest that push email is somehow the 'killer app' everyone should have.

But what does it actually do? It delivers email to an inbox the moment it becomes available on the email server, is that correct? It makes the device beep when that email is downloaded, correct? And that is all, right?

Okay, if that's it then I have had it on my Pocket PCs for over 2 years. nPOP and nPOPw are freeware, small, and very good for email over POP3/SMTP. It can be configured to check for email as often or seldom as you like. Set it for every 5 seconds if you feel the need!

By a simple edit in the INI file, simply adding the path to any WAV file you like, it can make that sound every time a new email arrives. Other sounds can also be configured, such as when checking and not finding anything... for the truly beep-obsessed.

By using a small freeware like ScreenOff or the feature of that type in GigaBar or any number of other tweaker/taskbar utilities the backlight and LCD layers can be temporarily disabled, dramatically conserving energy for longer battery life. Screen off utilities make it safe enough to leave a device on in a pocket or case. Add an extended battery such as the Mugen offerings and battery life can be increased yet further. Shutting off the power timeout in Power settings can keep the device on, or for greater convenience use Scott Seligman's KeepAlive, a tiny freeware which simulates background keyboard activity and thus keeps the device from powering until one exits the app. Listen for the beep, then check the screen it you feel like it. Simple enough?

It seems to me that the only difference is that with a RIM-provided server and interface all the work (all 2 minutes of it initially, never to be repeated once set up) is pre-installed, done for the user. So this is a killer app? Hand-holding for newbies? Or is there more? The push server somehow pulls email from the sender's mind before they even get around to typing it up, is that it? No, no one has ever mentioned 'pull email' so far, I think...

beq
03-31-2005, 03:40 AM
Well, I can tell you that in other similar regards it can make a qualitative difference? For example the IMAP IDLE instant mail that I'm used to just works better than POP3 polling...

Gerard
03-31-2005, 04:04 AM
Yeah, IMAP won't happen with nPOP or nPOPw it seems. WebIS mail will do that though I think, and has many similar features to what the Japanese program offers POP3 users.

The longest lagtimes I see with email tests done using nPOP to receive from various account types and sending methods are with Hotmail. Not always, but at times and more with some user's accounts than with others there can be delays of between a few minutes and a few hours before the email shows up at the receiving server. My wife's Hotmail account, for instance, has taken as long as 10 hours in getting an email to my domain server. Or as little as a few seconds, It's a whimsical thing. Our daughter on the other hand seems consistently able to get me mail within a minute from her Hotmail account, whether sent from Outlook Express or webmail.

So perhaps it comes down to whether one uses a special corporate type of email program/server...

Gremmie
03-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Hopefully you guys post the WiFi in cities article in the Economist

Gex
03-31-2005, 04:58 AM
Currently Exchange 2003 has AUTD...but is sucks because when a new item arrives (be it a contact/calendar/email/) the Exchange server generates a hidden sms message (or an email to the providers sms gateway) to do a wireless activesync.

There are a lot of drawbacks to this method but the one i remember is that it being an sms it could take minutes to hours (even days) to arrive on your device... also a wireless activesync takes forever to complete...the argument is that it is not really push email but actually just a trigger to initiate a wireless activesync.

In practice is doesn't work very well and Microsoft has been working hard to come up with a better solution. The next patch to Exchange 2003 it is rumored to have true push email at no additional charge and is said to be the nail in Blackberry's coffin.

If you have to pay for every sms message it could rack up the charges on your phone plan. I also remember reading that it wasn't very secure...and that it was easy to do DOS type attacks against the devices.

There is a site that went into detail on the other drawbacks (there were a few) but I don't remember what it was. If you do a search on Google you may be able to find more detailed information.

Blackberry push is done very well and is very secure....using Blackberry Enterprise Server I heard that administrators can even kill stolen devices to wipe out all the info on them if necessary...that would be nice when you have executives misplacing windows mobile devices that contain sensitive company info.

hamishmacdonald
03-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Off-topic:

I never use the PM function on this site, so I forgot it was there. Apologies for not sending my message more discreetly.

To answer the question above: No, "it's" is never possessive. They're not interchangeable. It's one of those wacky English exceptions you just have to memorise: "It's" always means "it is".

On-topic.

I agree with the other poster: It's tough enough to concentrate nowadays, to properly focus on one project and not be thinking about half a dozen others, or spending endless hours surfing just to catch up with every latest thing. I would go crazy hearing a little bleep every time Francesca J Unworthy wanted to tell me about "cheaper meds" or tell me that I've just been approved for a mortgage (in America, somehow).

Jonathon Watkins
03-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Hopefully you guys post the WiFi in cities article in the Economist

I take it you mean the Wi-Fi pie in the sky (http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=3775134) article about Municipal Wi-Fi networks. I decided not to post about it as we have already had a few stories about this sort of thing in the past, plus we've had a fair few Off-Topic posts recently as well.

If you want to see an article posted about on PPCT, the best thing is to use the "CONTACT, Submit News" link above. Seriously, please do submit articles you think are relevant and of interest. You get to share interesting stories with community, plus you get a front page name-check if you want. :wink: We don't necessarily post on everything we get, but we really appreciate having news submissions as it's one of the primary ways we get sight of interesting news &amp; stories for posts etc. 8)

I also think we have thrashed out the topcic of the grammatical rules as well, so let's get back on topic now. :)

welovejesus
03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
For some of us a less expen$ive alternative is needed, in addition to the fact that some of us live on the fringes of wireless service. (They still allow analog towers is some parts of the country :helpme: ).
bitequator mention of 4SmartPhone (http://www.4smartphone.net/) allows for Exchange service starting at $3.99/month, which is very nice :way to go:.
I would almost rather have a copy of my E-mails sent via SMS if I were to go the modified "push" route. However, it can become quite annoying to get notified continuously throughout the day.
For those interested in a IMAP solution, check out ProfiMail (http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/profimail/profimail.html). ProfiMail runs much more quickly than WebIS Mail and doesn't seem to have all of WebIS Mail's quirks.

ibmiked
03-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Sorry, but I can't resist,

OFF-TOPIC
hamismacdonald said:

I do believe that you may have gotten a bit gramatically mixed up inside the parenthesis yourself.

:)

hamishmacdonald
03-31-2005, 03:06 PM
BWAH-HA-HA!

Well spotted.

Blurp!

Just got an e-mail. Must go.

Gex
03-31-2005, 09:10 PM
In practice ive noticed most users of push devices turn off the notification....

Whats nice is having an email conversion with someone in real time with out having to check for new mail every 5 seconds....

Gerard
03-31-2005, 09:32 PM
... which any number of IM or chat clients do rather well on a PPC and have for years - MSN Messenger, MSR Portrait (with audio and video options in addition to text), Jabber, and lots more I'm forgetting. Seems trying to get an email client to do a chat client's job is a bit excessive, especially if there is any additional fee associated.

Phillip Dyson
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
In practice ive noticed most users of push devices turn off the notification....

Whats nice is having an email conversion with someone in real time with out having to check for new mail every 5 seconds....

Sounds like email is becoming the Golden Hammer (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GoldenHammer) of communications. Why not use an instant messenger for immediate responses. If you don't expect immediate responses then it seems like email "polling" works just fine.

Just a thought.

jlp
04-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Off-topic:

"It's" always means "it is".

On-topic.

Nope :!:

"It's" is also short for "it has", as in "It's been a hard day's night..." :mrgreen:, which of course means "it has been a hard day..." and NOT "it is been a hard day..."

8)

Back on topic, programs like nPOP/nPOPw are "hidden" programs mostly known to some hardcore PPC users, whereas push e-mail has been talked about in every technology, business or telecommunication magazines, thus appealing to a wide variety of computer savvy and un-savvy people.

Gex
04-01-2005, 04:42 AM
... which any number of IM or chat clients do rather well on a PPC and have for years ... Seems trying to get an email client to do a chat client's job is a bit excessive, especially if there is any additional fee associated.

Knew someone would bring that up... Wont go into talking about the differences of IM vs email... its just nice when your waiting for a certain email to come in to not have to check every 5 seconds.

To each his own... we will soon have the option of true email push from exchange server... you will still be able to use POP3 or IMAP if you like. Some people prefer those methods...but given the choice most chose push.

Its also nice to not have to train employees on how to poll for new messages...I know it should not be a big deal...but it is...especially for older executive types. They expect blackberry type functionality and we will finally be able to provide that..

Gerard
04-01-2005, 05:04 AM
So this difference really comes down to ease of use by novices, coupled with an advertising budget which superior free email clients don't have, with perhaps some slight efficiencies and maybe a security improvement. The secure information conduit aspect would certainly be paramount for corporate types, while most of the rest of us with nothing to hide don't much care. Ease of use isn't such a big deal with nPOPw. My 11-year-old needed one session of 5 minutes to get her comfortable with the basics there. She still has trouble using Outlook Express after well over a year, and this past month abandoned it entirely, favouring webmail for the relative lack of bugs.

Freeware does suffer for want of advertising. I still encounter the odd comment in forums where new users beg reassurance that freeware won't wipe out their computers... sad, really. Some of the best software is freeware. Microsoft Portrait, for instance, though it is not as problem free as many other great free programs.

If paying makes users feel secure then push email will work. I already pay for web access and domain space, so paying even more for a slightly different sort for email service seems an absurd waste, but if money is growing on trees by all means spend it.

Gex
04-01-2005, 09:39 AM
So this difference really comes down to ease of use by novices, coupled with an advertising budget which superior free email clients don't have, with perhaps some slight efficiencies and maybe a security improvement. The secure information conduit aspect would certainly be paramount for corporate types,
yup
Ease of use isn't such a big deal with nPOPw. My 11-year-old needed one session of 5 minutes
Heh, heh.. now image training hundreds of employees and executives (that believe me are much less adept than even 5 year olds) how do use pull email. Image the cost of the support calls when they forget how to do it...or change a setting somewhere. With push...it just works.
...but if money is growing on trees by all means spend it.
Yea...but MS will be including real push functionality with an upcoming update to exchange server! Blackberry's enterprise server (you still need exchange server or notes) is $1000.00 for only 5 users. With MS including what is said to be equivalent technology at no additional cost people (there was an article about this in Forbes) are saying RIM will die.

I hope MS pulls it off this go around...thier first two attempts sucked. :roll:

beq
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Currently Exchange 2003 has AUTD...but is sucks because when a new item arrives (be it a contact/calendar/email/) the Exchange server generates a hidden sms message (or an email to the providers sms gateway) to do a wireless activesync.

There are a lot of drawbacks to this method but the one i remember is that it being an sms it could take minutes to hours (even days) to arrive on your device... also a wireless activesync takes forever to complete...the argument is that it is not really push email but actually just a trigger to initiate a wireless activesync.

In practice is doesn't work very well and Microsoft has been working hard to come up with a better solution. The next patch to Exchange 2003 it is rumored to have true push email at no additional charge and is said to be the nail in Blackberry's coffin.

If you have to pay for every sms message it could rack up the charges on your phone plan. I also remember reading that it wasn't very secure...and that it was easy to do DOS type attacks against the devices.

There is a site that went into detail on the other drawbacks (there were a few) but I don't remember what it was. If you do a search on Google you may be able to find more detailed information.

Blackberry push is done very well and is very secure....using Blackberry Enterprise Server I heard that administrators can even kill stolen devices to wipe out all the info on them if necessary...that would be nice when you have executives misplacing windows mobile devices that contain sensitive company info.

Great, this is exactly what I was trying to find out. Thanks gex!

Gex
04-04-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.crn.com/nl/crndirect/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=160401595

BlackBerry Killer?
Windows Mobile upgrade to push e-mail to Pocket PCs, smartphones

By Paula Rooney, CRN
3:34 PM EST Fri. Apr. 01, 2005
From the April 04, 2005 CRN
Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Mobile upgrade, code-named Magneto, is designed to be a BlackBerry killer, said sources familiar with the ambitious plan.

The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant is on track to freeze the Windows Mobile 2005 ROM code in April and provide new technology in Exchange 2003 Server Pack 2 that will push e-mail out to mobile workers who use Pocket PCs and smartphones.

Sources told CRN that Microsoft will unveil its Magneto plan at the Mobile and Embedded Developers Conference 2005 next month in Las Vegas.

Microsoft decided to freeze the code and have it in mobile operators' hands in June or July so that the next generation of devices is ready for the fall and holiday season, said a source close to the company.

Magneto will lead the charge to a more comprehensive mobile strategy, sources said.

"Microsoft aims to kill BlackBerry," said one source familiar with the plans. "Every corporate type has a BlackBerry, and they all have Outlook. What is the cost going to be to RIM server when Exchange Service Pack and Magneto come out and they're not priced? Microsoft is giving it away for free."

Sources said more than 25 independent device manufacturers and ISVs are heavily backing the Magneto release of Windows Mobile, a major architectural revamp of Microsoft's mobile platform that will unify what are now separate implementations of Windows CE for the Pocket PC and smartphone.

That, combined with the push technology in Exchange 2003 Server SP2, will be a major advance. Microsoft recently licensed its ActiveSync technology to competitors to make Exchange the push server engine of choice. ActiveSync 4.0 is due with .Net Compact Framework 2.0 in Visual Studio 2005.

"Microsoft is losing out to the BlackBerry tremendously. These devices [have] flooded the financial community," said Robert Tedesco, CTO of Resolute, a partner in Bellevue, Wash.

"What Microsoft is facing is a hardware issue," said Chris Menegay, founder of Dallas-based Notion Solutions. "Most people use their laptop and a phone," he said. "You can't type on a Pocket PC."

But that, too, is changing. Sources said HP, Motorola, Samsung and others now are developing new smartphones with keyboards such as BlackBerry's Qwerty keyboard and larger displays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Microsoft is finally making it like a BlackBerry with the ability to push live content out from the server, and a presence-enabled phone book so you can use a contact list on the phone," another source said. "Now you can control it one-handed with support for a keyboard."

Magneto offers a new user interface with support for high-resolution graphics, improved video support via Windows Media 10, better keyboard support, enhanced Word and Excel with charts, Pocket MSN, as well as adding Wi-Fi support for smartphones and persistent memory to Pocket PC code, bringing the two in line.

Beyond that, Microsoft is at work on a more feature-rich upgrade of Windows Mobile, code-named Photon, with efforts to vastly extend the battery life.

The unification of the Windows CE platforms in Magneto and the unification of the .Net Compact Framework 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005 signify a major advance in Microsoft's mobility platform, which has lagged.

Microsoft declined to comment, except to confirm that plans are under way for Magneto.

Gex
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
http://www.brighthand.com/article/Windows_Mobile_2005_Will_Offer_Push_Email?site=PPC

Windows Mobile 2005 Will Offer Push Email
By Ed Hardy | Editor-in-Chief
Apr 1, 2005

Research in Motion (RIM) has built its business on selling handhelds with push email. This means that as soon as an incoming email arrives on the server, it is pushed out to the device, and the user is immediately notified of it.

Push email turns out to be a feature that many find addicting, and it has made RIM very profitable. Not surprisingly, other companies are trying to imitate RIM's success. One of these is Microsoft.

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 offers a limited version of push email now, but the software giant intends to get serious about it in the near future.

The current version of Exchange has AUTD, which allows the server to send a message to the handheld to do a wireless ActiveSync whenever a new email arrives. However, it can't transmit just the email. The Pocket PC must go through a full ActiveSync session.

According to The Economist, the upcoming versions of Exchange and Windows Mobile will support true push email.

While this feature will definitely be added to the Pocket PC version of this operating system, it is not clear at this point if it will also be available in the version for smartphones.

Windows Mobile 2005 is expected to be available in the coming months.

nikosf
04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
I use a PocketPC (for GPS applications and fun), and a BlackBerry.

THe key difference between a BB and a PocketPC is that the BB JUST WORKS! It never crashes, the battery lasts for ages (leaving it on 12 hours a day - it can last a week), and the keyboard works great for typing (much better than a PocketPC interface).

So - it's hard use BB as an argument for push email or not. BB has done wonderfully because they stripped out all the cr*p that most users don't need (and create complexity, and drain batteries).

I suspect most people arguing against push email, and BlackBerries haven't actually tried them - they are great. (But different to a PocketPC - I need both)

Phillip Dyson
04-06-2005, 02:56 AM
I guess from my perspective, I'm not really debating whether Push Email is nice to have or not. My doubt comes in when everyone classifies it as the "killer app".

Generally killer apps redefine the way you "live". Like email was the killer for the internet. In the grand scheme of things that handhelds provide (read: can provide), push email pales in comparison. Especially when polling can achieve pretty much the same effect.
Stuff like being able to carry you desktop documents with you everywhere.

Or carrying your bible with you without having to carry a bible. Just the searchability of that alone is soooo convenient.

Having volumes of medical data with you at your finger tips.

Stuff like not needing to carry a pad of paper and a pen ...
etc...

Granted I'm not saying that any of these warrant the designation of "killer app". But it just goes to show that push email is a small fish in a big pond.

Push email is just the one thing that the average consumer can understand.

"So what can I do with this $400+ thingy do for me?"
"Hmm... you can have you're emails pushed to you instantly."
"Cool. I need my emails immediately"

my $.02

cdrake
04-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Push e-mail is a must at my work. Instant q&amp;a has become a way of life/work. Mostly we use PIN on the blackberries instead of e-mail. A good firewall/content filter/spam engine rids us of virtually all spam - I had forgotten about it until reading this thread.

But... I want to switch to a more phone-like windows mobile device that has the other features I want. But the one thing I can't live without, even if I had blackberry connect push e-mail on it, is my PIN messages. Does anyone know if the HTC/bb marriage will include PIN?

RichardSwe
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Working for a very large corporation (tens of billions in revenue) where crackberrys are rampant, the answer for why RIM and not PPC is -- security. Absolutely *no* email activity is enabled/allowed except that which is secure. RIM sells that point.

Think about sending an email about your company's latest marketing plan...do you want it highly secure or something less? You may argue that POP or some technology can be made secure, but that won't sell in a corporate environment.

When Microsoft arrives with their secure push email...and when it has bugs ironed out, then my corporation will start considering making it available.

Jonathon Watkins
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
When Microsoft arrives with their secure push email...and when it has bugs ironed out, then my corporation will start considering making it available.

Welcome RichardSw. 8) A very good point. I await with interest to see what MS will deliver.