View Full Version : FlexWallet 2.5 Released

Janak Parekh
11-29-2004, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.twopeaks.com/site/products/FlexWallet2/history.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.twopeaks.com/site/produc...t2/history.aspx</a><br /><br /></div>Mel over at Two Peaks wrote in with news that FlexWallet 2.5 was released. It's a relatively minor upgrade, but does feature improved VGA and SE support (including text scaling), an improved database, better foreign-language support, and a bunch of other small improvements. Also noteworthy for those of you who carry both a Pocket PC and a Smartphone: they concurrently released <a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=45728">a Smartphone version</a> for the first time. :) Either way, if you're a FlexWallet user you'll probably want to install this update.

Jonathan_w
11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Be warned!
Make a backup of you Wallet before you convert.
The converting process changed my password, I could no longer open the file after it was done. Neither with Desktop or Pocket pc.

Jason Dunn
11-30-2004, 12:07 AM
The converting process changed my password, I could no longer open the file after it was done. Neither with Desktop or Pocket pc.

Whoa...that's not normal! I beta tested the new version and it didn't do that. I'd contact Two Peaks...

Jason Dunn
11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
One really great thing about the new version is that the desktop client has also been enhanced - I love that it can show passwords now automatically rather than just asterisk's. :)

msprague
11-30-2004, 12:53 AM
The TwoPeaks upgrade instructions recommend making a backup copy of your previous version's wallet file. I upgraded and had no issues. I didn't need to use the backup I made.

WyattEarp
11-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Be warned!

Are you sure you didn't change the password (even if by accident) and just forgot. If not then you should contact Two Peaks immediately.

I installed it about an hour ago and opened all my databases. Nothing abnormal happen with mine. Your situation is very odd.

One really great thing about the new version is that the desktop client has also been enhanced - I love that it can show passwords now automatically rather than just asterisk's. :)

Yes, that is a very welcome and excellent feature that was long over due. I'm glad it finally got added. :)

blazingwolf
11-30-2004, 03:10 AM
Be warned!

I had the exact same problem. I wrote to support and they got back to me the same day(which impressed me alot) saying I must of put the password in wrong. Man, what a pain to have to recreate all of that! :evil:

mhowie
11-30-2004, 04:25 AM
So when will Codewallet Pro release their VGA enhanced version?

Jonathan_w
11-30-2004, 04:37 AM
I did not change my password. I simply can not open the file once it has been converted. I tried with three computers and two diffrent files. I even tried to import the older file to a newer file. Would not except that either.
Did all of you create your wallet with the desktop version or the PPC. I created mine with the PPC and am wondering if there could be a diff.

Jason Dunn
11-30-2004, 05:33 AM
I did not change my password. I simply can not open the file once it has been converted.

Email the wallet to Mel at TwoPeaks - he has a way of fixing the file (if it's the same problem I had) without looking at your data.

mel
11-30-2004, 05:59 AM
I did not change my password. I simply can not open the file once it has been converted. I tried with three computers and two diffrent files. I even tried to import the older file to a newer file. Would not except that either.

Jon,
Please email me at [email protected] and send me your phone number. I'll help you troubleshoot the problem.

-Mel
Two Peaks

lapchinj
11-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Jon,
Please email me at [email protected] and send me your phone number. I'll help you troubleshoot the problem.

-Mel
Two Peaks
That's what you call service and is the second reason that I use both BillRate and Flexwallet. The first reason is that it's great software. And what is very noticeable is that all the companies that have great software also have great attitude. It seems that the two go together. Maybe the PC world should take a hint from these guys (and gals).

Jeff- (a very happy customer :D )