View Full Version : T-Mobile Internet plans... please decipher if you're familiar

zeke009
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm looking at the Shadow and slightly puzzled by the Internet plans they offer.

For the Internet & E-mail plan there are 2 options.
1) Windows Mobile Email Only Add-On for $9.99 /month
2) T-Mobile Total Internet Add-On for $19.99 /month

What email are they referring to for #1? I can hit my hotmail account as often as I want? An Exchange account? I don't have an Exchange account, so I'm guessing that plan is out the door for me.

Now what the heck does this plan provide that #2 above doesn't?
T-MobileWeb
Search the mobile Web, find directions to the places you want to go, get local, international, and financial news, stock quotes, weather, sports, play online games, e-mail, community chat, and more, right at your fingertips anywhere you go.

$5.99 /month

Considerably cheaper than option #2, but what is the difference? Are they crippled webpages that only T-Mobile serves? I'm confused.

Looks like the $50 rebate to get an internet plan (either #1 or #2) really isn't worth it if I get the internet for $5.99 a month using T-Mobile Web.

$19.99 x 12 month = $239.88 - one time $50 rebate = $189.88 for one year
$5.99 x 12 months = $71.88 for one year

Heck of a price breakdown over the course of a 2 year contract... Can someone explain this to me? What differs between T-Mobile Web for $5.99 and the Total Internet for $19.99?

reydiodj
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Ah yes, I had this curious question too and the deal about T-Mobile Email Only is just that - it covers as many email accounts as you can sync, be it POP3, IMAP, Hotmail, Exchange... $9.99 will keep you covered. They this option is applicable to the newer phone as when one opts for that service, then Web access is actually blocked.

As for T-Mobile Web - it is WAP service, so don't expect any miracles of being able to connect to some of the richer web content. In fact, when you connect using WAP (on the Shadow), there's a flashing "W" indicating that method of connectivity.

Total Internet is just that - all methods of data connectivity EDGE, GPRS, Email, Wi-Fi (yes you will have HotSpot access on or off your phone) all for $19.99!

- yes Mike, I've sidelined my Dash for the Shadow... at least for now :)

Mike Temporale
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM
- yes Mike, I've sidelined my Dash for the Shadow... at least for now :)

NICE! I've been playing with one in the office for a couple weeks and I really like the size, and feel of the device. I think I might be picking one up for personal use soon. I have to decide between this and the BlackJack II, Moto Q9, and the Pantech Duo. :D Or maybe I'll just get them all...