View Full Version : Motorola Q

Bernie
05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
The Motorola Q smartphone was released on Verizon Web site today. The press release last week said it would be offered for $199 with a 2 yr plan and data package. Well, if you are an existing customer, Verizon seems to be saying "screw you" because you can only get it for $299. :evil: As a long time Verizon customer, I was hoping to be able to use my customer loyalty bonus of new every 2 (or $100 toward the purchase) and get the phone for advertized $199 - $100 loyalty = $99. But for their loyal customers, they are charging $100 more than a guy off the street. Thanks Verizon! Now where did I put that number for Spint?

Mike Temporale
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
It's not uncommon. I remember having this problem 5 years ago. I couldn't get the carrier to cut me a deal on a new phone. So I left. A couple days after leaving, I got a call from their "customer retention department" offering me the exact phone I was looking at for free if I stayed with them. A couple days earlier I would have settled for the new customer price and now they're going to give it to me for nothing! Bah. They just don't get it.

scottb
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Hmm...I thought all you had to do was be eligible for a handset upgrade and order it online for the instant rebate. Well, doesn't matter for me anyway as I'm not eliglble for an upgrade--I ordered mine retail!

robdam
06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Sit tight for now; I called my local Verizon store and they said that they will have lower pricing than if you were to purchase via the website or phone. Q to be available locally on June 6.

possmann
07-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Doe anyone know if they will be offering an upgrade to mobile 6 for this device?

Mike Temporale
07-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Doe anyone know if they will be offering an upgrade to mobile 6 for this device?

There is no planned upgrade for the Q. You'll need to buy the newer (yet to be released) Q9 or Q9h.

possmann
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
:( well that :pukeface:

You know, I think that HP is moving in the right direction with their latest offering - in concept only - that someone can purchase an "unlocked" device and upgrade or add service to it much like someon purchases a PC and selects which ISP to use to connect to the internet. I really wish we could get more phone makers to do that for those power users like me...

Mike Temporale
07-13-2007, 04:41 PM
i-mate has been doing that for a while now.

It's hard to wrestle control away from the operators, but I think Microsoft and many of the ODMs are looking to move into that direction.

possmann
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Its about time me thinks - too bad it is only on the GSM side - wish we could do that for CDMA land... sigh :roll: