View Full Version : Quick question: Does the Unlimited "Media Net" 19.99 plan Give FULL web access?

Bill Harrison
12-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I currently have the much more expensive PDA connect plan, because I was told by cingular that the Media net package ONLY allows access to cingulars media net. I need access to the full web, and also use MSN messenger and Agile Messenger. Google maps, etc.

I would like to go to this plan, and save 15-20 bucks a month, but I want to make sure it includes everything I need.

Anyone know for sure? Going by cingular it doesnt, but I have seen many of you comment that you have this plan, and it seems too.

Whats the definitive answer :P

Bill

ACk! Edit: I have an SMT5600 (For now - Soon to be 2125 I Hope!)

Sven Johannsen
12-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Gives me as full an internet experience as is possible with Pocket versions of IE, IM, etc. I originally got it with my SMT5600 at a Cingular store and they made no mention of limitations. In fact I found it difficult to even connect to the MediaNet site, as there is no link to it like there is on a non-windows phone.

It's at http://dmxml.infospace.com/_1_B2RU160ZCNBN5__infow.sbcw/x/app/dm/i.xhtml?var=5 in case anyone is interested.

That SIM, with associated access, happens to be in a K-Jam at the moment, also with no apparent restrictions.

elehcdn
02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Pulling the sim out of my MPx220 and putting it into a SE Edge card, I am able to get full internet access on my MediaNet Unlimited plan.

ARW
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I've got the $20 data package and use it with my SP5m. I haven't run into any limitations, either with the phone or laptop tethered to the phone.

I find the phone so much more useful with data that I can't imagine the phone without the data package.

edgar
02-21-2006, 03:21 AM
I tether my MPX220 to my Hp HX4700 and browse away with Netfront. All sites, VPN, IMAP, Citrix, POP3, etc All on the unlimted $19.99 plan.

kerrins
09-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I have full internet access on my phone, but when I tried to install my SIM into an 8125 (a friend just bought it) I was unable to connect. In my converstations with Cingular they say it works for smart phones, but not for PDA phones...not sure how it would know the difference with the hardware.