View Full Version : Wind-Powered Cell Phones

Jerry Raia
02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/windpowered-cell-phones-034038.php' target='_blank'>http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/windpowered-cell-phones-034038.php</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Students at the Indian Institute of Technology have developed a pocket-sized turbine that attaches to your cellphone to charge it. Best suited for use in costal areas with near-constant wind flow or long talks with your mother, the device can also be used during travel as long as you set it up against the wind. The idea is to allow mobile users to charge and continue using their phone when they’re away from electricity, which is fine idea, but does the turbine give off a Pine-Fresh scent, or Cool Mountain Breeze? Because if not I can think of a way to overclock this thing."</i><br /><br />Oh the places I could go with this one. I was hoping for a picture or two. We can only use our imagination for this one. Anyone care to speculate what it might look like?

Kris Kumar
02-26-2005, 06:10 AM
I am never able to use my Smartphone outside when it is windy or even breezy. Not sure if this is a cool idea.

Mike Temporale
02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
sounds like an interesting solution, but wouldn't solar power be better? Or maybe some combination of the two?

Vuvision
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I thought the Indian Instutute of Technology is among the elite of the elite school, and this wind powered charger gizmo broke the news :confused totally:.

Better yet, I can use this device and place it on boss man's desk ... lots of hot air blowing through that office :wink: .

Kris Kumar
03-15-2005, 04:09 AM
I thought the Indian Instutute of Technology is among the elite of the elite school, ...

It is...it is.

...place it on boss man's desk ... lots of hot air blowing ...

India has a lot of politicians. ;-)

BR
03-28-2005, 05:30 PM
the looks of this one is a good question . . . all i can imagine is that is would not be a convenient phone to get in your pocket