View Full Version : mmode email - push?

SRoberts
11-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Does mmode email get pushed to a Smartphone (SMT5600), or do you have to open Messages, mMode email, then do a manual 'Send/Receive'?

apeguero
11-04-2004, 07:04 PM
There's an option in that mail account to set the time for checking e-mail.

seaflipper
11-05-2004, 06:32 AM
Does mmode email get pushed to a Smartphone (SMT5600), or do you have to open Messages, mMode email, then do a manual 'Send/Receive'?

There are actually 2 ways to do this. Neither is technically a "push" like the blackberry or good services.

You can setup mMode to automatically send you a text message every time you get an email. The text message (technically called a "browser message") contains the sender and subject line of the email, then you can actually press a button on the phone to actually retreive the message right off mMode. This actually takes you online using Internet Explorer to check the email instead of actually downloading the email to your phone. I used to use this as a notification, basically forwarded all emails to my mMode account and then I would get the message that I had a new email, then I could choose to retrieve it through the phone, through the browser or just ignore it. The problem is that the SMT5600 does not know how to handle browser messages very well, so it actually opens up your text message client on your SMT5600 when you get a browser message, and this overrides what ever else you are doing ont he phone. It's annoying.

So the other option is to just have your mMode email account on the phone itself check mMode mail every 15 mintues or every hour, or whatever you want to set in the options of the email client on the phone.

Sorry if that's more information than you wanted, but I haven't seen a lot of posts about the mMode notification, I don't think a lot of people use it.