¹ In More Job News, Apple is Hiring - Thoughts Media Forums Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Old 04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default In More Job News, Apple is Hiring

http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-is-h...w+(Cult+of+Mac)

"It's a sure thing that the iPad will get a camera in its second generation. After all, there's already an empty, iSight-shaped slot in the iPad's frame, and it's pretty much a sure thing that both the next iPhone and iPod Touch will have a camera. It would be absurd if the iPad didn't get one soon as well."

The job listing (posted here) tells the story, in which they say the "Media Systems team is looking for a software quality engineer with a strong technical background to test still, video and audio capture and playback frameworks." Since this is in the iPad Media Department, I'd say the chances are pretty good they are planning to have a camera in the iPad. If they are just now posting the job though, how long will it be before they actually get a camera in the iPad?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Twain
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Campbell View Post
The job listing (<a href="http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&amp;method=mExternal.showJob&amp;RID=47818&amp;CurrentPage=1" target="_blank">posted here</a>) tells the story, in which they say the <em>"Media Systems team is looking for a software quality engineer with a strong technical background to test still, video and audio capture and playback frameworks." </em>Since this is in the iPad Media Department, I'd say the chances are pretty good they are planning to have a camera in the iPad. If they are just now posting the job though, how long will it be before they actually get a camera in the iPad?</p>
I'd say they could get a camera on the iPad out pretty quickly. Note the position has emphasis on "software quality engineer" and testing. This implies to me that the development and manufacturing engineers could have already done their thing; it's just now up to quality to wring the hell out of the iPad Camera model through rigorous testing. Apple would of course wait until sales start to taper off on the current models or wait until the holiday season before introducing the new Camera/Video models.