Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Thoughts Site Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Jon Childs
Thoughts Media Review Team
Default Greetings From Another New Contributing Editor

Hello Digital Home Thoughts community! My name is Jon Childs and I have also volunteered to be a new contributing editor.  I have been around, mostly lurking, since I got my first Cassiopeia E-105.  Although I have to admit after using a couple of Pocket PC phones from AT&T, I made the jump to the iPhone. I have been interested in all different kinds of gadgets since my parents hooked an Atari 2600 up to an old black and white TV for me. 

In my real life I am a software engineer for a startup in the Boston area, so I am fairly well versed in most things computer related.  I am married with two young sons, so driving to various sporting events and birthday parties does seem to take a bite out of my free time.

I am a home theater enthusiast with a nice front projection setup in my basement.   I have an Epson 1080UB setup projecting onto a nice big screen.  I use a PS3 for my BluRay player.  Although it mostly seems to get used by my son to play games, which I am apparently too old to play well (when did video game controllers get so many buttons?).  It does provide a great place to watch movies with the kids.  In the summertime we move it outside and host neighborhood "drive in movie" nights which everyone seems to enjoy quite a bit.

Outside of my interest in electronic electronic gadgets and my family I am an avid basketball and softball player, who is now realizing it is getting to be time to take up golf as my knees age at twice the speed of the rest of me.  My sons and I enjoy geocaching as a way to spend some time together outdoors and get some exercise, and my wife enjoys getting rid of us for a couple hours.

Besides contributing to some technical manuals I am fairly new to writing, so I figured this would be a good opportunity for me to try something new while contributing to a forum I have enjoyed reading for years.