Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Neil Enns' Antarctic Trip

http://images.thoughtsmedia.com/dht...s-antartica.pdf

"Fifteen months ago I put a deposit down on the trip of a lifetime: 13 days aboard an iceā€strengthened ship touring the Antarctic coastline with 77 other photographers. After such a long wait it's hard to believe that I'll be getting on a plane in less than a month to head down South. Really, really, far down South. As you can imagine, I'm a tad excited. Along with that excitement is a healthy dose of fear as I look around my office at the pile of equipment that joins me for the expedition. There's no B&H Photo or Amazon to deliver if you forget something important so planning is key. Over the next several pages I'll share with everyone the gear that I plan on taking for this once in a lifetime experience. I'll show you not only cameras and lenses but also the (rather large) supporting cast of accessories that will make the images I take possible. It will also force me to thoroughly think through what needs to come and make sure that I pack it all. I hope you enjoy!"

Many months back former Digital Home Thoughts Review Team member Neil Enns sent me a great Word document that covered all of this trip preparations in it, and I dropped the ball and never published it. Neil has since been to Antarctica and back, but I thought his write-up was worth publishing because it shows the thinking behind taking such a trip. Check out the rest of Neil's article in this PDF file, and maybe Neil will tell us how it went, and if there was anything he'd change about what he packed - things he wished he had brought, and things he never used.