¹ Burning to CD - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv
Default Burning to CD

What format do I have to use to burn a CD that will play in the CD player of an auto. MP3 ain't it.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

JUst drag the song titles to the CD icon at the bottom of the Zune interface. That's down on the left where your Zune icon and a playist icon show up. When it burns a CD it will burn it as an Audio CD not a data CD. If you read the files on an Audio CD with File Explorer, you will see they are .cda extensions. You need a program that will specifically convert mp3 to cda and write an audio CD. The Zune desktop player will do that, as will things like Roxio, and even Media Player if you set it up right. The Zune player burns Audio CDs by default. You typically get 80 Min on a CD and the burn interface (and playlist interface) tell you the amount of time you have selected. I get somewhere around 16-20 titles on a CD. I generally will build a playlist and then drag that playlist to the CD icon. That way I have it saved for review or re-burning.

P.S. there are CD players that won't play a CDR Audio CD, but they should not be the norm anymore.

Last edited by Sven Johannsen; 12-23-2008 at 06:33 PM..