Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 12-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default What Did You Get From Santa This Year?

What did Santa bring you this year? It doesn't have to be Smartphone related. Of course, it doesn't hurt if it is! :wink:

Old 12-27-2004, 12:35 AM
cesarfong
Ponderer

well happines comes to my home and all healthy.

in techie world i give me a new present an imate sp3i , and my mother give to me a faber castell deluxe pen with 3 functions pen, pencil and pda stylus

Old 12-27-2004, 01:39 AM
encece
Mystic
Send a message via MSN to encece Send a message via Skype™ to encece

Merry Christmas to all again! It was a fun time in my home and my 5 year old boy had a blast! Toys everywhere!

Mommy received a DVD Recorder to replace her broken DVD Player under the TV.

Daddy got a Delphi XM Radio,
Lord of the Rings Box set.
Star Wars IV, V, VI Box set.
And let's not forget the Huyndai Santa Fe I just bought myself to replace my older heap. :wink:

Nothing Smartphone related, I'm afraid.

Like Caesar above, health and happiness throughout my family was all I could ask for...all the rest is Bonus!

Old 12-27-2004, 02:52 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

I didn't get much this year. We've all but eliminated gift giving between family members. My wife and I purchased
Paradigm Cinema 70 speakers back around the end of October and agreed that these would be our gifts at Christmas. And I recently ordered an Alienware DHS 2 Windows Media Center PC for the family, which should arrive sometime in January.

Unfortunately, my daughter came down with a major fever on Christmas eve day. :cry: We were able to keep her tempature down and her spirits up for most of the events. There was some less than happy moments, but it all worked out in the end. Overall, I think she had a blast.

Old 12-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by encece
And let's not forget the Huyndai Santa Fe I just bought myself to replace my older heap. :wink:
How do you like the Santa Fe? We picked up a shinny red one just about 2 years ago, and it's been amazing. 8)

Old 12-27-2004, 04:00 AM
encece
Mystic
Send a message via MSN to encece Send a message via Skype™ to encece

I like it alot. My old car was actually not a heap. It was a shiny red 2002 2dr Blazer.
But I needed the 4-doors and wanted something a bit smaller.

The car is great! I had to roll some of the Blazer into this one...so I got the mid level instead of the LX...but I would have liked the leather, sunroof, and climate control. (more for the electronics than the actual climate control.) But other than that...I love it. Black with tan interior. I'm going to install the XM Radio this week...along with my GPS antenna. Great car! Now I need to junk it up to make it even better! )

They gave me a great deal as well...gotta love those end of year incentives! (The only time to buy a car if you ask me). Knocked the sticker price down from $24K to $18...add the rollover from the Blazer and it's still a decent payment. I only needed to put down $700 so it was all painless...

...with the exception of the 4-hours in the dealership from begining to end! And the fake getting up rejecting their original offer only for them to come back with a ridiculously better one. I hate car dealers! I hate the whole experience....but I like the car alot!

Old 12-27-2004, 12:47 PM
xxpinballxx
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to xxpinballxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxpinballxx
Default What did I get this year?????????

I didn't get too much!

I got an aechos AV480 PVP.

I also got but haven't recieved yet a PSP from over seas.

I am going nuts waiting for it to come.

I also got the OK from my better halkf to go head and buy another motorcycle.

I am not sure if I want another sport bike or a cruiser.

All in all it was a nice christmas! Great thread to make the site a little more personalized and friendly.

Old 12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
MajesticNJ
Pupil

I got an XM MyFi portable satellite receiver and a HiTouch 730PS Dye Sub printer. (Really nice prints too!!!!)

The biggest gift I got was a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R. We got it as a leftover model right off the showroom floor with 0 miles. Great deal too! Now I can't wait for spring.

Fred

Old 12-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

What's with all the motorcycles? :wink: :lol:

Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by encece
I like it alot. My old car was actually not a heap. It was a shiny red 2002 2dr Blazer.
But I needed the 4-doors and wanted something a bit smaller.
It's funny, because I don't consider it a small vehicle, because it's so large on the inside!

I agree with buying cars this time of year. We purchased ours a couple weeks before Christmas, 2 years ago. And they where more than willing to wheel and deal. December is the slowest month for car sales. Use that to your advantage. 8)

We got the base model, because my wife and I prefer standard, and at the time it was only available on the base. Still, very peppy, and handles the road great!

I haven't done any mod's to it, other than the aftermarket alarm and keyless entry. I will be doing the stereo at some point in the future, but 2 years ago there was zero options for MP3 players in the car. So, I'm waiting a little longer and then I'll be replacing it. Hopefully with something Bluetooth based, that allows me to sync music to it from the house.