Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Touch Me For Some 1s and 0s!

http://www.redtacton.com/en/info/index.html

"RedTacton is a new Human Area Networking technology that uses the surface of the human body as a safe, high speed network transmission path. RedTacton uses the minute electric field emitted on the surface of the human body. Technically, it is completely distinct from wireless and infrared. A transmission path is formed at the moment a part of the human body comes in contact with a RedTacton transceiver. Physically separating ends the contact and thus ends communication. Using RedTacton, communication starts when terminals carried by the user or embedded in devices are linked in various combinations according to the user's natural, physical movements. Communication is possible using any body surfaces, such as the hands, fingers, arms, feet, face, legs or torso. RedTacton works through shoes and clothing as well."

This concept is pretty cool, and I thought it'd make a great Friday afternoon off-topic post. You could turn a game of Twister into one mass LAN session! Okay, seriously... Have a read of all the information at the website, and let us know what you think about this new form of networking. Do you feel it will ever take off?