Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default New Mobile Phone Flash Memory Format Announced by Pretec

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=4188

"Pretec Electronics Corp. is introducing a new generation of flash memory card and module called C-Flash. With physical size of 17mm x 12mm x 1.0mm, about 1/3 the volume of RS-MMC or miniSD, C-Flash is one of the smallest form factor flash memory cards in the world, competing with the Transflash format. The new card also supports smart card (SIM card) technologu, allowing multimedia mobile phones utilizing C-Flash to use a smaller footprint for the memory card allowing for new designs not previously possible."

User submitted image

Enough with the new memory formats already. :evil: How many different types of removable memory do we need? Pretec will provide various different adapters allowing you to use C-Flash memory in SD, miniSD, MMC, and USB, to name a few. And while that's great, it doesn't allow me to use my existing memory cards in any device that comes out supporting just the C-Flash format. Once again, I'll need to buy all new memory cards. :roll: