Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default C2, Pepsi Extra - Half as bad as diet.

I haven't tried Pepsi Extra yet, to be honest. But I'm sitting here with a 20oz bottle of C2. And a unopened can of Vanilla Coke that I'd rather be drinking.

First off, and I think this applies to all 20oz bottles of soda/pop/soda-pop/soft drinks, why is a "serving" from this bottle only 20/2.5 = 8 oz, wheras a serving from a can is 12oz? Really, now. Fractional servings? Share this with 1.5 friends? At least make it 2 servings, people. But I digress, as this isn't pseudo-diet specific.

So, the C2 is half as bad tasting as diet coke. That said, it's half as good as a *real* coke. I wouldn't quite call it "best of both worlds" because if you can stand diet (not me - I'd rather drink water if I'm trying to avoid sugar/calories), it's even "cheaper" in terms of calories. And if you don't like diet, well... you probably won't like C2.

That is, unless you're on a low-carb diet (please save us all, but that's another discussion) but don't want to mentally stoop quite as low as diet coke (which as far as I can tell seems to have a primary market of teenage girls who weigh less than 100lbs and very large people eating the super-fried-nacho-supreme appetizer before their cheese-smothered-chicken-fried-beef-n-gravy-with-extra-greasy-lard-on-top), and you want to be more EXTREME! Because eating low-carb is EXTREME! Which, apparently, is supposed to be good or something.

The last ingredient on my bottle of C2 is "sucralose". Well, that's how I feel. When the drink loses the sucra, we all lose. :P