¹ Microsoft iPod Spoof Video - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Microsoft iPod Spoof Video

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2006/12/youtube_microso.html

"Say what you will about the Zune, but Microsoft has retained one of its core competencies: Making funny spoof videos for company events. A recent company meeting in Seattle included a fine lampoon of those witty Apple commercials with Comedy Central know-it-all John Hodgman. You may froth at will, Apple fans."

Someone did something they weren't supposed to: record an internal Microsoft spoof video. Microsoft does some hilarious videos for internal use, but due to licensing issues they never get released externally. Every MVP Summit we get to see their latest video, and it's always hilarious - mostly from seeing Gates or Ballmer try to act. At any rate, this is a spoof video essentially mocking the iPod for the way it acquires new music versus the Zune getting it wirelessly. While the theory is correct, the video doesn't mention the 3 day/3 play limitation, whereby most music probably times out before a user gets a chance to listen to it (though I recently had a good experience with this that I'll talk about later.