¹ Plotting the revival of Ricochet - Page 2 - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2002, 02:46 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Plotting the revival of Ricochet

http://news.com.com/2009-1082-827946.html

Ben Charny from CNET News.com interviews the new owner of Ricochet, Mort Aaronson, and it's worth a read. I was a little turned off by Aaronson's mercenary attutide towards companies that have recently self-destructed, but that's why it's called "Business" not "Friendness". It looks like they're going to try and push the price down to below $50, which will no doubt gain them a whole new audience vs. the $70 a month people were paying before.

The question is, with 2.5G and 3G services fast approaching, will Ricochet even have a chance to get off the ground? The answer is yes - telco pricing is brutal at the moment, and if I could get unlimited data transfer for $50 a month, I'd be all over it. Would you?

"Can Ricochet, a high-speed wireless Internet service that collapsed in last year's dot-com implosion, stage a Lazarus-like comeback? That's what entrepreneur Mort Aaronson has in mind. Aaronson's Denver-based company, Aerie Networks, paid less than a penny on the dollar when it bought the remains of Metricom, which operated Ricochet."

Props to Humphrey Riley for this link. Look man, you're in the spotlight! ;-)