¹ An International Zune User's Guide (Updated) - Page 2 - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiox View Post
I thought I'd mention something of use to fellow international users: If you really want the Zune Pass, get your "friend in America" to buy you a prepaid 3-month card at retail and send you the code. That way, you don't need to enter credit card details. I did this and it works fine.
That's a good idea, thanks for suggesting it!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
seal
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to seal
Default Can't Download TV Series from Australia

Hi all, I am not able to download any TV content from Zune Marketplace, I have no issues with music or music videos, they all work fine but I get an error with TV, ( eg. Heroes) The error I get is " Can't download" Error Summary: You've reached the maximum number of downloads for this item. Error Code: C00D135C.

Is anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
Hi all, I am not able to download any TV content from Zune Marketplace
Looks like the issue is that you're in Australia:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953485

Where did you get your points from? Are they USA-based points, or did you buy them linked to your Australian Xbox Live account?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
seal
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to seal

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am able to use my Citibank credit card with the Zune software, even my AMEX doesn't work but the CitiBank credit card works with no problems.

As for the TV downloads, it must be checking where my server is and when it shows up as Australia it must deny me the download, it must not do that with music or music videos. So do you think there is a way around this?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
So do you think there is a way around this?
The only way around it, I think, would be to funnel your network connection through a VPN in the US. Kind of crazy, but a normal Web-based proxy wouldn't work because it's the Zune client software that does the IP sniffing.

The strange thing is that I was allowed to buy a couple of videos, and I'm in Canada. They're DRM-infested anyway, so maybe not being able to buy them is a blessing.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
JimJones
Neophyte
Default Nearly there!

Hey everyone - great tips here, especially the Opera hint! So far so good, but now i've hit a glitch where i've registered successfully and my US XBOX points have been associated with my US user name etc but for some reason I can't access the Zune marketplace.

So i'm signed into the Zune software but i don't have "marketplace" showing as a menu option on the top left of the app.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm based in the UK.

Cheers
J

Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
So i'm signed into the Zune software but i don't have "marketplace" showing as a menu option on the top left of the app.
You have to set your location in the control panel to the USA...

Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

great guide! I've got mine (Europe) from the MS Company Store. They posted the gadget to Europe without any hassle.

Last edited by Menneisyys; 09-15-2008 at 03:43 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiox View Post
I thought I'd mention something of use to fellow international users: If you really want the Zune Pass, get your "friend in America" to buy you a prepaid 3-month card at retail and send you the code. That way, you don't need to enter credit card details. I did this and it works fine.

great tip! I'll give it a try!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
cac86
Neophyte
Default Zune Prepaid pass

Ive been able to use the market place for music and music videos but not TV from the UK for a while, with the new channels features looking really good I would like a zune pass, is there an online store that sells the subscribers cards we outsiders can order from (or does anyone now away to get an American address and Credit Card )