Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Thoughts Site Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The Zune Thoughts Layout

A few words about the layout of Zune Thoughts: as you can tell, it's far from finished. We have placeholders everywhere, and the front page is missing many of the "hooks" into the forums such as recent posts, top stories, etc. The biggest change is the site layout: you'll notice we shifted the columns around and now have a more content-focused layout where the new posts are right at the top left part of the main body of the page. We're seeing how this "feels", and if we (and you) like it, that layout will be replicated one by one to the other Thoughts Media sites.

You'll notice we went with a fixed-width option for the site, which some people love and some people...don't. Wink We've yet to add two things to the layout: one, a CSS-based "switch" that will allow you to toggle between fixed width (what it is now) and relative width (meaning it will fill up the width of your screen). We're also going to add something I think is really slick: a fourth column on the right that will have more site functionality and info. The cool part is that this column will simply pop into existence when the browser width is wider than 1000 pixels. So depending on your browser width, you'll get more or less info on your screen. Coming soon and all that jazz...