Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus
Default Jabra BT350 Over-the-Ear Headset For Mobile Phones

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/jabra_bt350_over-the-ear_headset_for_mobile_phones.html

"Today Jabra announced the Bluetooth Jabra BT350 Over-the-Ear Headset, it is a lightweight, compact, affordable Bluetooth headset that is versatile enough to use without accessing your mobile phone."

User submitted image

Another Bluetooth headset for your consideration. I'm not a big fan of over the ear headsets (I prefer an ear bud) but this one might be worth a look.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Rebecca
Intellectual

Now I am more cunfused as to what headsed to purchase :-( too many to choose from already.

Guys and gals, which one do you recommend? I am tired of reading contradicting reviews.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 AM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

I have and use the Jabra 250v. It is an ear bud BT headset and I am very happy with it. I have owed and used the Jabra BT800 which is an over the ear set like this one is and have never liked the feeling of it flopping around my ear. The quality of it was fine, audio and features were great. It was just a physical thing for me. The 250v is a snug fit ant I like that.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

Now that I've had an ear bud. I don't think I could go back to an over the ear model. I've found the ear bud is just more comfortsble, and you don't have that feeling like someone is swinging from your ear.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
Now I am more cunfused as to what headsed to purchase :-( too many to choose from already.

Guys and gals, which one do you recommend? I am tired of reading contradicting reviews.
There are too many out there. I think you have to pick a price range, and then a type.

Personally, spending a $100 - $150 on a good bluetooth headset, IMHO, is worth it. Then you need to decide if you want an small ear ud, or a over the ear model. I really like my Bluespoon AX. The only drawback is that the range is as far as I would have liked.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Rebecca
Intellectual

Actually I am deciding between these 3 headsets:

Tekkeon ezTalker ET2000
Bluespoon AX
And the Jabra of this article

Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

I personnally don't like the button placement on the Jabra style. It always seemed awkward to push forward from behind my ear. Problem is I don't like the floppy feeling of the over the ear ones either, but the button placement is good. You push the button in to your ear to answer/hangup. I have a BlueTrek G2, which is about as small as they come without having to take out a second mortgage.

I just got an i-tech Clip-S, http://www.itechdynamic.com/html/mainpage.htm , but haven't had a chance to really use it much. So far not bad. It has the MultiFunction Button on the little ear bud, so it is much like the over the ear kind. I kind of expected it on the clip part, so you would get the old Star Trek communicator tap thing going.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Rebecca
Intellectual

And is the bluespoon secure on the ear?

The desing looks like it would fall off your ear if you run while wearing it.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
And is the bluespoon secure on the ear?

The desing looks like it would fall off your ear if you run while wearing it.
The AX model? Not a chance. It's in there pretty good. There's one thing they don't explain in many reviews or pictures. That fishy tail it has, is used to keep the ear peice in your ear. I guess you could say it's a spring. Basically, you bend it and it wraps around the back side of the inside of your ear. And it helps keep it in place. I have never felt that the AX was going to fall out. While the over the ear ones, always had that feeling for me. Actually, at times, I have forgotten that I'm even wearing the AX. :mrgreen:

Old 09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Rebecca
Intellectual

Thanks Guys!