Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop & Netbook Hardware > Other Laptops & Netbooks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Michael Knutson
Contributing Editor
Send a message via AIM to Michael Knutson Send a message via MSN to Michael Knutson Send a message via Yahoo to Michael Knutson Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Knutson
Default Get an UltraBook, Save Your Back!

http://www.tgdaily.com/opinion-feat...he-lighter-side

"The Ultrabook can basically be described as a Mac Book Air for the non-Apple user. However, the form factor does take a bit of getting used to."

Seems like more and more industry pundits are coming around to the UltraBook way of thinking. Rob Enderle often has his own spin on things, but his view here is pretty much spot-on (except, IMHO, his comment about Apple being design over function - my MacBook Air is pretty darned functional!). Anyway, unburdening a typical backpack can be an interesting process, lightening it with an UltraBook is an added plus. Rob does a quick review of three systems, from ASUS, Toshiba and Dell, and, of course has opinions on each one, but prefers the Dell XPS 13 in the final tally, and likes the lessened load on his back. I agree, and I've taken to using an older laptop now as my "desktop" computer, and carrying only a lighter system at other times.