Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Newsgator and Windows Mobile

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2990

"I'm sure, most of you have heard about NewGator, the leading RSS feed service service. NewsGator develops and markets RSS aggregation solutions for individual end users, enterprises, publishers and other online content providers. I'm using NewsGator aggregators since 2004 to access news, information and other relevant content efficiently and effectively via the web, Microsoft Outlook and my Windows XP Media Center Edition which most of you might do as well but are you aware of the Mobile Edition for small-screen HTML-enabled devices like Windows Mobile Pocket PCs and Smartphones? The charme of NewsGator, which will also be released as a Windows Mobile client soon, is that all of the different platforms synchronize seamlessly, enabling you to easily switch between NewsGator aggregators."

I used NewsGator for a while inside Outlook, but I found it was too easy for me to ignore the RSS feeds because there was already so much going on within Outlook. I then switched to FeedDemon, which was shortly thereafter bought out by NewsGator. Thankfully, FeedDemon has continued to evolve along the same lines, picking up the awesome synchronization features of NewsGator, meaning whatever I add/read in FeedDemon on my desktop will be mirrored on my laptop. And as Arne Hess points out, this has some powerful effects when mobile devices come into play.