Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default What Office Apps Do You Use on Your iPad?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-ga...-on-the-go/4819

"Last June I posted my iPad Office app showdown article looking at four available applications. This post has been extremely popular with readers and I have since received dozens of email inquiries for an updated article to see if my conclusions are the same or if there are more choices this year with the iPad and iPad 2 now available from Apple."

You can read the original article here, but with this new article he looks at six different office suite applications you can use on the iPad. His result? Well I don't think it's too much of a surprise that he chooses iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) as the winner due to the functionality, although it is expensive. A close runnerup is Quickoffice Pro HD, which he says is "visually as good as iWorks, missing some functions in word processor, excellent cloud support." The article is well worth reading, especially if you are trying to find an application for your iPad, and you may find that his summary gives you just what you need in order to make a decision. I'm curious though, what do you use on your iPad?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Tim Williamson
Editor Emeritus

I use Documents to Go on my iPad/iPhone because it had the best Google Docs sync engine back when I was testing out the various office apps.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

I use both Pages and Documents-to-Go although I am finding that I'm preferring DTG for its Dropbox integration. I like Pages better as an editor, but it only integrates with iDisk and it's much clumsier than the set up with Dropbox that DTG uses.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Gordo
Intellectual

I don't try to use any office type solution on the iPad but I do use Evernote and then do the heavy lifting on my desktop.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

I use Pages on both the iphone and the iPad because Apple released a dual compatible version. I dont have a problem using it with DropBox.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Tim Williamson
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by griph View Post
I use Pages on both the iphone and the iPad because Apple released a dual compatible version. I dont have a problem using it with DropBox.
The problem is that in order to get Dropbox integration it requires someone to pay $5/month for DropDAV access, when Apple could easily integrate it (hint: Apple wants people to use iCloud not Dropbox).