Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook
Angry Zune Very High Memory Usage issue

A few weesk ago, my Zune desktop software started using extreme amounts of memory within the first 2 minutes of starting, causing my computer to slow down to the point that even my mouse pointer will barely move, and it's incredibly frustrating.

When I start Zune, I open Windows Task Manager and watch the Zune.exe process spike from 20,000k all the way up to 1,500,000k (!) all within the first 2 minutes of starting the Zune software.

I have been using the Zune desktop software for almost a year now, and have never experienced this particular problem before. What's worse, I have the Zune desktop software installed on 3 different computers, and I can duplicate the problem on all 3 of my workstations. 2 computers are running Windows Vista Business, and 1 computer is running Vista Home Premium. All 3 computers have 2-4GB of RAM and recent processors (core 2 duo and duo 2 processors), so it's not a memory or processor issue. The problem just started happening on all 3 computers aproximately 3 weeks ago and I can't even use the Zune desktop software for 2 minutes without it freezing my computers.

Nothing to my knowledge has changed in my local network and media locations. No new software has been installed on either of the 3 computers aside from Adobe Photoshop.

I'm running the latest version of Zune (2.5).

The problem is incredibly frustrating because it just started happening out of the blue a few weeks ago. And I've been using the Zune desktop software for a long time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I don't know what to do but eventually throw out my Zune now...