Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Thanks for responding Marc. Gives me some hope. Certainly not a developer so my view is a bit narrow. What I was thinking was eWallet Go for the WP7, but a sync option within EWallet to do the conversion and post to dropbox. Even a save to eWalletGo dropbox button addin would be nice. That would have at least give a simpler solution for all the WM eWallet users out there. (Like me). I get that wouldn't give me a sync back option, but that's OK. Never had any issues keeping multiple PC based (desktop/laptop) Windows Mobile and even iPhone copies sync'd up with eWallet.

I'll have to see what you did for iPhone in eWallet Go. Is it more like the two way reconciliation that eWallet does? And that is your intent for eWalletGo going forward? Any thoughts about an eWallet version for WP7? I get the impression you aren't dropping that product, just believe it is a different target?

Update: Picked Up eWalletGO! for my iPhone. (had eWallet on it already and syncing). Very impressed by the ease of setup. Already had eWalletGo! on the PC set to backup to DropBox. Just had to tell eWalletGo! on the iPhone my Drobax name and PW and everything just loaded automatically. Made a change on an iPhone card and saw the dropbox popup on my PC that a file had changed. eWalletGo! had backed up automatically. Openned eWalletGO! on the PC and it hadn't changed. Checked and I needed an update on the PC, so did that. After settling down the conflict, now a change on the PC gets 'backed up' immediately, and openning on the iPhone pulls the new info right away from Dropbox. Vice-versa as well. Works slick.
Now, if you can get it to work like this for WP7, I'm sold Maybe throw a bone to those Android guys someday too.

Still think it should have been easier to just write a front end for an eWallet file for WP7 Why couldn' t I just have read a .wlt from dropbox? Can't drop that product, I love autopass. But I do like the way eWalletGo! is working between the PC and iPhone.

Last edited by Sven Johannsen; 08-26-2011 at 03:56 AM..