Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Fine. I don't need an optical drive in the thing, but I darn sure need to be able to connect one. When you spend money on music or software, do you trust that it will not go poof at some point. I suppose you back it up somehow. Do you do that on little pocket hard drives? Solid State storage? Bet you still throw that $50-$100 program onto a DVD.

How about giving me a reasonable number of USB ports too. Not just targetting Apple here. Lots of folks dislike touch pads and take a mouse. Not that many good BT mice out there, so the little dongle that comes with it, or the cord needs a port. 64G is not all that much 'drive; space for these ultra light SSD based laptops, so a port you can throw a flash drive or portable hard drive in would be nice. Might want to charge my iPhone, so there's another. Got three, might as well have one more. There is a chance my little drive might like to get power off a second port, or I might want to use a WAN stick.