Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 04-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Mookoo
Neophyte
Send a message via AIM to Mookoo Send a message via MSN to Mookoo

You know you could just make a 'Recently Added' Playlist. Not that difficult, and works quite well. Also, I have a Brown 30 GB and around 3,500 songs I believe, a few episodes of South Park, five movies, and a couple video podcasts. Sync time is nothing really, and when I add a few albums, done in less than a minute or so.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:58 AM
serpico
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Have you tried going into SETTINGS > DISPLAY and setting the screen graphics to minimum? I bet that will make a big difference on your weaker-GPU systems. 1.25 GB RAM might be kind of slim, especially if you're running other things at the same time. Remember it's firing up a big database to make it all work...
I've done that already. I don't run anything except the zune software because I know as soon as I do, it all lags.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Trastan
Pupil

My guess is that you have a slow/dying hard drive. The Zune software is tremendously hard drive intensive, and if your drive isn't up to the task it can get pretty sluggish.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
serpico
Intellectual

Thanks for the suggestions but I've decided not to use it daily. What's the point when the Zune120 takes too long to sync play data, etc from the software. I'll give it another shot when it gets updated again.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I've done that already. I don't run anything except the zune software because I know as soon as I do, it all lags.
Hmm. If that's the case, then it doesn't seem GPU-related. Seems more like a RAM or maybe a HD issue?

Old 12-30-2010, 08:02 PM
PEdlund
Neophyte
Default Same problem with file dates resolved

Hi All... I know it's less than graceful, but I've successfully used a tool called FileDate Changer to edit the file properties so my Zune files dont get messed up. I tend to rebuild my laptop often and this is the biggest pain but at least this utility helped.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filedatech.html