Android Thoughts - Opinions, News, Advice & Reviews on Android Devices

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ANDROID THOUGHTS > Android Articles, Resources & Developer

Old 10-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor
Default CyanogenMod 6.1 Hits RC Status: Brings Speed And Awesomeness

http://lifehacker.com/5675618/cyano...android-devices

"If you've rooted your Android phone and chosen to run the all-around great CyanogenMod ROM, you can download the latest update for beefy performance enhancements, as well as new features in Email, Camera, and other apps."

All rooted Android users rejoice! The oh so wonderful CyanogenMod version 6.1 has reached the release candidate stage. This version brings a nice performance boost and many other wonderful features like updates to the camera and email software and enabling FM radio on your Nexus One! Head on over and give it a go then let us know how it's treating you. What improvements are you noticing most?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

I tried it on my Aria and it works great. BUT the Google Apps don't. I downloaded the right package and it installs, but it won't go past the "Touch the Android to begin" screen. Touch the Android all day long and it doesn't go anywhere. Of course, one of the Android apps is the Android market, so I can't even download the apps separately!

Didn't have this problem with 6.0.2 so back to it until they get the Apps package fixed.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Joel Crane
Intellectual

I started out with CyanogenMod 6.0 on my T-Mobile G1. The biggest improvement by far with 6.1 RC is speed. The G1 with 6.0 was frustratingly slow. Now, things are far snappier. Thanks Cyanogen!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:38 AM
crimsonsky
Thinker

I love the Sense UI that my Aria came with and missed it on CyanogenMod. Since I could never get the Google Apps to work with the 6.1 RC I was tempted to go back to the stock ROM from HTC. Today I discovered an HTC Gratia ROM that is the same ROM as the one that comes with the Aria but with Froyo that someone at XDA Developers had ported to the Aria and that's what I'm running now. Love it.