Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Desktops

Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Upgrading RAM on the Mac Mini 2010 Model

I should have known that when I proclaimed how easy the RAM upgrade on the Mac Mini was going to be, it would turn out to have a bit of a catch - but, overall, Apple did an excellent job with making the RAM upgrade as simple as possible. Big thanks to Kingston for sending me the RAM for this review - the Mac Mini uses DDR3 PC8500 RAM running at 1066mhz, so these are your options from Kingston.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 AM
crimsonsky
Thinker

So it only took Apple, what, 4 iterations to figure out they needed to simplify the process. You have NO idea how much simpler this is than it is in the older models! The original PPC model was the worst to upgrade and the Intel ones a little better. I have 4 gigs in my Mini, but by the time I bought this one, I'd become a seasoned pro (I've own 3 or 4). Good video - thanks.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Michael Knutson
Contributing Editor
Send a message via AIM to Michael Knutson Send a message via MSN to Michael Knutson Send a message via Yahoo to Michael Knutson Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Knutson

Wow - what a great improvement! Time to retire the official putty knife! Yeah! Good work (at last) Apple!