Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default An Investor�s Perspective on the Mobile Marketplace

Hello Windows Phone Thoughts readers!  My name is Adan Galvan and I am a new Contributing Editor.  In my day job, I’m an equity analyst for a small investment management company in Chicago, IL. As such, I’ve been able to closely track the developments in the marketplace from a unique perspective of seeing these companies not just as distributors of amazing technology, but as potential investments for my clients.  

Over the last decade, the technology world saw amazing growth and change as the trend moved towards smaller, faster, more powerful devices.  All of the major players have scrambled to compete with the largest and most influential company, Apple.    RIM, Nokia, Palm, and of course Microsoft have had to adjust strategies and products to cater to a decade in which consumer focus has become the meme.  As an equity analyst, I’ve marveled at the pace of innovation and the developments in the marketplace. 

As a consumer, I’ve salivated at the new gadgets and wondered how I could possibly afford them all.  As a new Contributing Editor for Windows Phone Thoughts, I hope to share some news and opinions, and to foster some conversations on Microsoft’s mobile strategy and products.  Although I won't be giving recommendations on these companies, I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the future and strategies of Microsoft as it pertains to the mobile world.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor

Thank you for giving your time to the Thoughts community! I enjoy and benefit from reading posts and discussions here almost every day.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor

Thanks Vector. I appreciate the encouragement!