Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Accessories

Old 04-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Richard76
Intellectual

I have a fairly long history of using GPS software. Starting with running MS Streets & Trips on a laptop connected to a Garmin handheld GPS. In subsequent setups I have tried Routis and iGuidance (PDA), Garmin, Mio and Sony (PND) and finally Garmin Mobile XT (Windows Mobile) and G-Maps and CoPilot Live (iPhone).

I have to say that I was quite happy with Garmin Mobile XT on my HTC Tilt, HTC Advantage and my HTC Fuze. However, since getting CoPilot Live V8 on my iPhone, I am seriously considering buying it for my Fuze as well. At $29 US for North American maps and free updates, not only is it a great and very customizable program but it has great value.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
However, since getting CoPilot Live V8 on my iPhone, I am seriously considering buying it for my Fuze as well. At $29 US for North American maps and free updates, not only is it a great and very customizable program but it has great value.
I would strongly suggest getting a trial if possible. As an iPhone and WinMo user, it is not always the case that a particular piece of software is equivalent on both platforms.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Richard76
Intellectual

I agree. Interestingly, the downloadable PDF manual for the iPhone version that I have also spells out which options/functions work differently or don't work at all with both the iPhone and WinMo versions.