Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
asims
Intellectual

Thank you very much for all the input! I think I'm going to stick with my hx2495 until it dies in my hands, or until a company makes something that can do exactly what this one can (but is not a smartphone) and more and is cheaper than replacing what I've got with another IPAQ.
Who knows, with the way the electronic world is constantly changing and improving, maybe that'll be next year!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
asims
Intellectual

For all of you who contributed to this thread and/or read this thread, I gotta tell you that I made my decision and bought a hx2750 off of ebay. I'm really happy with it too! The reason I went with it was because it is very similar to the hx2495 (virtually identical) except that it has a faster processor and more onboard memory. Yes, it also has a cool fingerprint scanner, but I don't plan on using it.
But now I've got another dilemma - how do I transfer all of the programs as well as calendar and contact information over to my new pda. I've already installed some of the programs by transferring the .cab files over and running them. But I have a couple of them (SPB Backup and Pocket Informant) that I need the registration code and I can't find.
So here's my more specific question - how can I get those registration codes? Is there someone specific that I could contact?
My second specific question is - how do I transfer all of my calendar and contact information over to the new pda? I've already tried the method of synchronizing one and then the other and that method didn't work (for some reason, the hx2495 just won't download it's information to my computer).
One more bit of information, the hx2750 can take both the SD and CF cards that I currently have, so I've been able to utilize that avenue of transferring non-program files like Notes and Excel files.
Any ideas would be appreciated and discussed.

Quick update - good news/ bad news kind of thing:
Good news first - I did figure out how to get my lost registration code for the SPB software - I went to their website, typed in the email address I used to register the software with, and they emailed it to me again. Simple enough! Now I'll just delete it from my old one.
Now the bad news - I discovered that I got Pocket Informant 2007 way back when Handango was giving it out for free on a Free Friday giveaway. So unless I pay for another copy (or wait for another free giveaway), I'm out of luck.

4/27/10 10:22 pm
Woohoo! I was able to find out a quick and painless way to transfer all of my contacts and appointments to my new pda! Menneisyys posted a tutorial back on 7/17/07 on what program to use and how to use it! I'm so happy!!

Last edited by asims; 04-28-2010 at 03:25 AM..