Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 AM
doogald
Oracle

My wife is very un-techy, and rarely buys me tech products as gifts (generally for a very good reason), but this year she bought me a Powermat along with an iPod universal charger for the Powermat. She hates seeing wires, so this minimizes the tangle a bit. It's a pretty cool device.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Well, as I said, no tech for me, but my youngest got a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that he loves. Will be perfect for homework, the occasional movie and the hallpass.com games he loves to play.

My oldest got an XBox 360 Elite package, an extra wireless controller, wifi connector and a 1yr x-box live gold package. The latter was totally absurd in how we had to activate it. We spent an hour on the web trying to get it to activate and eventually 2 calls to X-Box live support totalling at least 2 hrs. turns out that if you have a Zune account, getting the x-box live stuff to activate is a major pain. microsoft's whole passport/live thing totally sucks. the 360 itself though is great!

I did get Life Season 2, The Hulk and BSG - The Plan on DVD as well as a Harley Davidson daily calendar. Life was really a good show, cancelled because of the writer's strike last year. I purchased about 15 songs and 2-3 albums based on the music in that show. Whoever did the music for it, well done.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 AM
oposky2006
Neophyte

pity for me, no one sends gift to me

Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Richard76
Intellectual

Well, technically I didn't get any "techie" gifts for Christmas but like others on these forums, my family knows better than to choose for me. So, I ended up ordering a new Samsung BD-P1600 Blueray Player with my Amex points. And, I also ordered an new Bluetooth watch for myself.

We did buy a new 32" LCD TV and Digital Cable box for my daughter though.

Afterthought: Oh yes, I did buy my wife a remote car starter for her new car too!

Last edited by Richard76; 01-09-2010 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 AM
bleeman
Intellectual

My wife bought me the Samsung SMX-C10GN. I'm the first to admit I'm no filmmaker and just looking forward to playing with it taking videos of our cats, general day to day things, and such. It's a nice little camcorder for taking those quick shots here and there and its compact size makes it easy for me to carry it with me in my pocket all the time.

Our big gift to each other was finally taking the plunge and getting an HDTV for the living room. We bought the Samsung LN46B640 at Best Buy during an after Christmas sale and love it.