Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default TV.com Beats Hulu to iPhone Punch

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...des-to-iphones/

"CBS is taking the iPhone where no iPhone has gone before. Today, it released an iPhone application for its TV.com site that can play full episodes of TV series, ranging from “C.S.I.” to the original “Star Trek.” While Hulu, a rival video site owned by NBC and Fox, has kept its content only for computers connected to the Web, CBS has been far more open with its own content."

Above is a sample from my iPhone.  Videos are more than watchable.  I did notice that the Star Trek episodes are split into 7 or more clips.  I'm assuming this allows the streams to be more easily processed by iPhones.  Aside from that, no gripes, and it works as advertised.  While it does look a bit grainy, on the smaller iPhone screen it's hardly noticeable.  If Hulu does something similar, we'll have a very awesome selection of TV available freely on the iPhone.