Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Announcements

Old 08-28-2008, 04:45 AM
Rockman87
Neophyte
Default [v2.31]Xmonster

Xmonster
Joshua Timothy (Rockman87)
Version: 2.31 (ALL ZUNES SUPPORTED)
Description:
Xmonster is a game that you have to save the people that are going to be eaten by the Xmonster. The monster gets smarter and develops new tactics to take you down. You must save the people without letting the monster eat them, or eating you! Can you fulfil the Role? Can you Survive the Pressure? There is only one way to find out!

Special Effects
Fast Gameplay No lagg
Pre-Compiled Fonts/No need to download fonts
20 Custom levels.... 1000's of automatically created levels!
Support for ALL Zunes
HighScores Save
Automatic Level Creation System- This new feature automatically creates new, more difficult levels, after the 20 custom levels are complete. So you can play for 1000's of LEVELS!
Music Library Support- You can now select and listen to music while playing the game!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY BUGS! PLEASE MAKE RECOMENDATIONS SO I CAN ADD THEM TO THE PROGRAM!
Download Xmonster 2.31:

Last edited by Rockman87; 01-31-2009 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: New Version

Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Thanks for posting about your game - I appreciate it! But please post only in the announcement forum (I've moved it here) - that's the main reason we have this forum, is for people to promote Zune-related things they're doing.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 PM
onlydarksets
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman87 View Post
Features:
Touch Support
Animated Sprites
Special Effects
Fast Gameplay No lagg
Pre-Compiled Fonts/No need to download fonts
Over 10 Levels
Support for ALL Zunes
I'm confused - has there been an official, non-hack way to get games onto the Zune? Also, what does "Touch Support" mean?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Rockman87
Neophyte

Yes, Games have been out on the zune since May. Microsoft released XNA Game studio 3.0 CTP for people to make games and deploy them on their zune. There are probably over 30 games for the zune and like 15 or more applications, like alarm clocks, book readers, ect.

Head over to http://www.zuneboards.com/tip-of-the-week/how-to-install-games-on-your-zune.html to find out how to install games on your zune.

Here is where all the game for the zune are located: Download Completed Games - Zune Boards

I made an installer for Xmonster so you don't need XNA Game Studio 3.0 and Visual Studios to instal it, but you have to alread have installed a game using XNA Game studio before you can use my installer... becasue the game studio puts the runetime files on your zune, so you zune can play games. After, that you can run Xmonster.exe and it will take care of installing it to your zune.
For other rig installer games go to RIG: Games and applications for the Zune.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM
onlydarksets
Oracle

Perhaps "hacky" is too strong a word, but that is exactly what I meant by "hacky". Any word when official support through the Zune Desktop is expected?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Rockman87
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Perhaps "hacky" is too strong a word, but that is exactly what I meant by "hacky". Any word when official support through the Zune Desktop is expected?
They will release the final version of XNA game studio this holiday season. I don't know if they are going to plan on adding it to the zune software though. They may charge for games through the software. Creaters that don't want to charge for their game will probably still use Visual studios to sync them to the zune. Nobody knows for sure of how microsoft is going to do it.

Just note that the game out for the zune are meant for the zune. It isn't a hack. Microsoft released it for the zune themselves. They just didn't integrate it into the zune software.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Rockman87
Neophyte

Thanks for all your support for Xmonster! Xmonster has reached over 5,000 Downloads! Keep on playing!