¹ Zune Will Launch in Canada Without Online Store - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2008, 01:54 AM
CylonJason
Neophyte
Default Frak Microsoft and Frak the Zune!

That may seem to come off a little harsh, but I say it's not harsh enough!

I've been with the Zune from the beginging, buying it when the 30 and 80 came out in the US, and recently when the 80 came out in Canada. (living in Canada) I accepted the crippled functionality, lack of features and gradual progress to eventually be almost equivelent to the Ipod after 2 years. The fact that what the Zune is now, is what it should have been a whole two and a half years ago I can overlook.
The fact that it took a year for podcast support, the lack of audible support, the removal of the EQ settings, crappy battery life, WIFI functionality being a pretty much being a joke, these limitations I've accepted as well.

So the Zune is relesed in Canada to compete with the Ipod. You take it home and expect it to have the same benifits as the Ipod and hopefully be beter. This is what competition is supposed to be. Can I buy music through the Zune Marketplace? NO! Can I use the Zune Pass for subscription Music? NO! Can I buy Video through Marketplace? Agan NO! But I don't understand, is this not the OFFICIAL relese of the Zune in Canada? But the store that it has south of the border is nonexistant? It's not like these things don't exist and I'm just wishing for things that are unheard of, this is the Marketplace that is alive and well.....south of the border anyway.
I didn't mind when it wasn't realesed in my Country, the lack of Marketplace, that's to be expted, but when it's relesed and on the shelf next to the Ipod but it can't do the same thing because the software is useless for buying content, how the Frak do you expect to sell this limited peice of Sh** in Canada Microsoft?

I mean, for me that's the last straw! I'm done with the Zune! I've had enough of this Sh**! I Hate the Ipod, but it seems to be the best ecosystem out there now doesn't it? At this time in my Country it sure is!
I'm taking my Zune back to the store and it's going to take a lot of convincing from Microsoft to get me to pick one up ever again!

Thank you Microsoft, you've once again alienated another long time Zune fan! I was there since the begining, and now this is the end. All the drawbacks of the Zune I've overlooked, but over time they started to build up, one on top of the other until the breaking point.
Get your crippled ecosystem out of my Country Microsoft, until you're ready to do it right! I'm so sick of this.