¹ Technolust: Enough with the Evolutionary, Lets Talk About the Revolutionary - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Technolust: Enough with the Evolutionary, Lets Talk About the Revolutionary

http://technolust.typepad.com/technolust/2006/10/enough_with_the.html

"Game time! I'm going to name a product, and you'll tell me the first thing that comes to mind. Zune. Ok, what'd you think of? Fair enough. Besides that lovely s**t stain brown color, what hit you first? How about the wifi support? We'll work with that. As some may be aware, the blogosphere came to life today with some well earned criticism over Zune's poor use of wifi. I'm not going to belittle that point. I'm of the same opinion as the majority. Of course I want to sync my mp3 player over the internet. Of course I want to be able to purchase music on the go. But even if the Zune had these features, we'd still only have an evolutionary product relative to the iPod. But why not take it one step further? I'll ask you this. How could Microsoft leverage wifi to build a truly revolutionary device?"

Salty language aside, this is a really interesting article about some of the possibilities that WiFi opens up - Microsoft is on to something really cool here, but I can't help but think that the first version of the product isn't evolved enough, and that Apple might release an iPod in six months that will match, if not surpass, what the Zune is offering. Let's hope the Zune team can innovate hard and fast to enhance what's possible with a Zune.