Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Anyone want a Gmail account?

I'm getting piles of invitations to give out to people so I thought I'd offer one to a lucky PPCT member.

But I don't really like those first-come-first-served schemes, merely because half of the members are in different time zones and probably sleeping. So I'll offer it to the member who can best answer this question (creatively, thoughtfully, etc. etc.):

"Why should I offer you a Gmail account?"

You can only answer once, and final day for submitting entries is Saturday 17 July.

Have Fun!

Old 07-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Iznot Gold
Intellectual

You should give me a Gmail account because you keep waving at me and I have the cure for that big red nose problem! :lol:

Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Jereboam
Philosopher

Because it's my birthday on the 18th of July, I'm turning 30, officially old, and obviously millions of people will want to email me to congratulate me and share the love.

Seriously, if you have a spare invite that would be great. If you think someone else is more deserving go ahead, I have no shortage of email accounts currently. I'd just like to try it is all.

Thanks, J'bm

Old 07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
PPCRules
Thinker

Because if I have to wait until they get me one directly, it will be a moot point. (Already, I have signed up for a different free 1GB address, a free 2GB address, my long standing Yahoo address had already gone to 100MB, and my hotmail is going to 1/4GB soon.)

Old 07-13-2004, 03:35 PM
esher2292
Pupil

----Remove me! I got one today-----

Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 PM
galt
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to galt

That's a very generous offer....

I don't want one for me (I already have one, but it has generated 0 invites so far ) but a good friend of mine could really use a gmail account. He's stuck w/a Hotmail account as his only e-mail account and he doesn't have frequent computer access, so he often ends up w/messages bounced because his limit is reached and he can't get to a computer to make some room. Also, a gmail account would give him a little bit of web storage which I'm sure would be a nice treat for him.

If you're interested in helping him out, PM me and I'll send you an e-mail account to which you can send the invite. Despite not having a PC of his own right now, he's a techy guy and would love to have one of these...

Old 07-14-2004, 01:46 AM
dean_shan
Mystic
Default Re: Anyone want a Gmail account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Apod
"Why should I offer you a Gmail account?
Becasue I can show you somthing that is truely Alaskan. With a big Gmail account I will be able to send you large files. Files of Alaskan wilderness. Plus I'll throw-in a video of my friend getting knock over in a game of basketball. It's a must see!

Old 07-14-2004, 01:54 AM
billbuckner
Ponderer

Because I have one already and would love to have two and be not only 1337, but u8er1337.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Pat Logsdon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbuckner
Because I have one already and would love to have two and be not only 1337, but u8er1337.
I think you're confusing 1337 with 1@m3. It's a common mistake. :wink: :mrgreen:

Old 07-14-2004, 02:28 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Logsdon
I think you're confusing 1337 with 1@m3. It's a common mistake. :wink: :mrgreen:
:rofl: Nice I need to remember that one.