¹ 60 GB Zune? Inicipio Says So - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Accessories

Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default 60 GB Zune? Inicipio Says So

http://www.myincipio.com/product/ID-286

"New! Microsoft Zune 30GB and 60GB Leather Belt Clip Custom Design Case. The Incipio Belt Clip Case is a sturdy, compact case that allows you easy access to your Zune at all times. Just clip this handy case to your belt easy access to your device! The durable construction offers long-lasting protection."

Two things of note here: first, we have a nice leather case option for the Zune, coming in at a very affordable $15.99 USD. The more interesting thing is the mention of a 60 GB Zune, fitting in exactly the same case. 60 GB Zune - that's music to my ears. Microsoft is probably keeping quiet about it, because it mustn't be ready for sale and the don't want to kill the orders on the 30 GB units. That's really a shame, because the media is (and will continue to) slam Microsoft for not having a bigger capacity player at launch. If Microsoft introduces a 60 GB player within a few months of launch, it might alienate the early adopters that are pre-ordering the unit now [affiliate]. What about you? Are you going to hold off on getting a Zune now that you've heard about the 60 GB unit? Although we should always keep in mind that this is a completely unsubstantiated rumour that may hold no validity...only time will tell.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Two things of note here: first, we have a nice leather case option for the Zune, coming in at a very affordable $15.99 USD.
That's a decent price for leather. I'm actually interested in silicone cases. I wonder how many we'll see at launch.

Quote:
The more interesting thing is the mention of a 60 GB Zune, fitting in exactly the same case. 60 GB Zune - that's music to my ears. Microsoft is probably keeping quiet about it, because it mustn't be ready for sale and the don't want to kill the orders on the 30 GB units. That's really a shame, because the media is (and will continue to) slam Microsoft for not having a bigger capacity player at launch. If Microsoft introduces a 60 GB player within a few months of launch, it might alienate the early adopters that are pre-ordering the unit now [affiliate].
I think even if a 60GB version wasn't ready for sale yet, it would do Microsoft good to let its consumers know now that it's coming. Right now, their tight-lipped nature on everything appears to be doing more harm than good.

Nothing is going to piss consumers off more than purchasing a 30GB now, only to find a 60GB released months later. That dissatisfaction may be enough to push them over the edge and look at another company's offerings the next time round.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Sage
Ponderer

I hope the rumours are true. 30GB just isn't enough if you want music and video.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Kevin Jackson
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Are you going to hold off on getting a Zune now that you've heard about the 60 GB unit?
I won't buy a Zune unless there is a 60 GB model available. Like Sage said, 30 GB is not nearly enough room for my music, let alone adding video. This is welcome news (if, indeed it is more than just a rumor).

Old 11-15-2006, 03:22 AM
lt.milo
Neophyte

I recently spotted an add for a car dock that said it works with the 30 and 80 gig zune. that would be great, we would have the ipod killer on our hands.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjackson View Post
if, indeed it is more than just a rumor
Well, I would just about bet anything that it's not a rumor. You know its just a matter of time. Hopefully not too long before they start adding to the lineup.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Crystal3
Pupil
Default 60GB Zune

Quote:
Are you going to hold off on getting a Zune now that you've heard about the 60 GB unit? Although we should always keep in mind that this is a completely unsubstantiated rumour that may hold no validity...only time will tell.

As an early adopter (something I don't normally do), I would not be alienated if MS continues to support the 30GB with firmware upgrades, new features, etc., after they release a 60-80GB. I would be more likely to update to a larger, newer Zune when the time comes if they support their original device. That would show they are loyal to the customers that purchased their product despite the bashing it is getting right now.