Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 02-27-2004, 07:58 PM
`helios
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to `helios Send a message via MSN to `helios
Default What does the back of your computer look like???

Here's mine

http://users.eastlink.ca/~freezer/back.JPG

EDITED BY MODERATOR JD: Please don't embed pictures unless they are small (320 x 240) - use links instead.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:26 PM
whatsnext?
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to whatsnext?

Hey i hate to be rude but this is not a good thing to start. A lot of people(myself included) have slower connections and pics of that size take forever to load. If a ton of people start posting pics this size it will not only freak some people out over their connections, it might affect the ppct server speeds.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:32 PM
gvanjr
Pupil

Mine looks like Medusa stepped on a land mine...crap everywhere.

Old 02-27-2004, 11:36 PM
ale2999
Intellectual

mine is a mess too. so many cables and you know what is the most annoying part. whenever i move my usb mouse I hear a small interference sound out of my speakers. I think it is cuz the mouse has power in his cable. does any1 know a solution to that or sometin?

Old 02-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Jeff Rutledge
Moderator Emeritus

Mine's not too bad, but I've never be able to get behind the desk to take a picture. I've got two desktops and (on occasion) my work laptop all hooked up. Fortunately I've got a KVM so the clutter's not too bad.

Old 02-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Anthony Caruana
Sage

Mine's not nearly as cluttered as that. I tie as much stuff up as possible with velcro cable ties.

I recently bought a new PC with more USB ports and an inbuilt card reader and that made a huge difference. Plus, I use a wireless mouse and keyboard (an older Logitech combo that has served me exceptionally) so I don't have many cables trailing all over the place.

Also, having a USB port at the front of my PC (sadly, the case caters for two but I lost them because of my card reader which as a USB port of its own) has made a huge difference as I use that port to hot swap stuff like my digital camera, other PDAs I try out and stuff like memory keys and my memory watch.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:51 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

The PC isn't so bad. It's under the desk, with a surge protector (that has a few non-computer related items plugged into it as well) and a UPS, that's nasty.

Old 02-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Oh man, I need to take a picture of the setup in my office...

We've got four desks "back-to-back", and 7 computers share the spaces under, beside, and between (yes, between 8O) the desk. Plus we have another computer and a printer on the side... I think we have 4 (5? 6?) power strips powering it all, too.

To say it's a maze is an understatement -- I think it would take several hours for me to disconnect and reconnect everything. Maybe even more than that.

--janak

Old 02-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Falstaff
Thinker

The back of my PC is pretty bad, I have a bunch of cables just messed up in the back, including a power cable and a USB cable that go to a scanner I don't even have on my desk now. Underneath my desk is the worst though, I have 2 power strips (one UPS for monitor, PC, and a couple other things) and an unprotected powerstrip for my TV, DVD player, PPC, lamp, and other stuff. So I have 10 power connections converging under my desk from all directions (not to mention the other junk I have under there). It's a pain to move my PC or any device, but I'm too lazy/uncaring to clean it up.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Dave Beauvais
Pontificator

I'll just link to my post in the "Pictures of your computer setup" thread and let you imagine what the back looks like. There are now two desktop computers where the VCR is in the photo, but all are connected via a KVM switch to the keyboard, monitor, and mouse, so it's still very neat and tidy. The speakers are smaller now than those in the photos, and the notebook is no longer on the desk.