Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 PM
denivan
Theorist

Hey, what I forgot to mention was this : Off course the PocketPC OS needs improvements in connectivity, stability and speed...and I'm glad to see that they've been working on that. I don't know how the situation is in the US, but most people I see here in Europe aren't powers users, they're just business folk or college professors that bought a PocketPC because of the 'Pocket PC' sound. They're expecting a small PC (including working versions of Office applications) and they don't care or don't know about installing third party applications, they want a solution 'out of the box'. So I'm hoping that these people won't jump ship...cuz' paying 800 USD for a Pocket PC...you expect it to have everything, so if they see that without 3rd party apps, a lower priced Palm can do the same thing, I'm pretty sure they'll think twice about their next PDA buy.

To summ it up : improving an OS isn't the one way or the other, it's a little bit of both : you want to improve the stability of the core, and you want to improve the GUI and included applications...both of these make the PocketPC what it should be, a great user experience...I'm just worried that the development team neglected one part of the improvement, but then again, until 2003 devices roll out, all this is just speculation ;p