Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Kevin Remhof
Intellectual
Default Amusement Park Season has Arrived!

So, are any of you fans of Amusement Parks? I'm a card-carrying memeber of the American Coaster Enthusiasts and am very excited that parks are opening for the summer. Heck, I even made a fool of myself at Kings Island on Media Day (it involved 50 enthusiasts and pairs of "tighty whities"... don't ask unless you really want to know).

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check out the coverage at one of the unofficial sites of Cedar Point's new ride: Top Thrill Dragster. 420 feet high, 120 MPH. Sounds like fun to me.

I generally don't try to mix my hobbies (gadgets, PCs, technology, rollercoasters) but, I've been known to take the occassionally on-ride video of a coaster. It's MUCH harder than I would have thought.

Anyone else planning trips to ride some coasters this year? I'm thinking of taking my family to Kings Island this Sunday for Mother's Day. Plus, we'll head to Holiday World (our favorite park) later in the summer. We'd try for Cedar Point but I think we'll save that for next summer during CoasterCon XVII.