Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Suhit Gupta
Editor Emeritus
Default 11 Super Awesome Photoshop Movie Effects

http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/best-movie-effect-photo-tutorials-photoshop/

"Tall glasses of lemonade, your legs sticking to the seat of your car, the days stretching languorously into the evening. What�s not to love about summer? Oh, right. The stifling heat. But that just brings us to another of summer�s joys: The cool comfort of the cinema. In honor of some of our favorite summer blockbusters (Harry Potter and Transformers), we bring you our 10 11 most-favorite movie-effect tutorials. From Scarface to Sin City to Pirates of the Carribean to 300, we�ve got 11 great ways to go Hollywood on your photos. Read on!"

I love this compilation of processes you can use to add a Hollywood touch to your pictures. My favorites are the 300 effect and the Scanner Darkly effect. I don't know how often I will actually want to use them in reality , but they are certainly a cute set of skills to have handy. Since I don't have Photoshop installed anymore (far to expensive to keep upgrading), I used Paint .NET (the free Photoshop equivalent) and these methods work just as well.