¹ Ladies and Gentlemen: The Worst Zune Review Ever - Page 2 - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 11-15-2006, 04:27 AM
WyattEarp
Sage

Wow, whoever hired this guy should be fired along with him. Let's see; didn't require basic requirements of device before using it, bad grammar and unprofessional statements. The last time I saw the color brown I didn't think it was bizaar and what ever happen to word like dull finish, or powder coat finish. Which is how I would describe it after seeing it yesterday at CompUSA. I don't like the the look of the Zune myself or think brown should be the color of PMP's choices that is soley my opinion. The inner gadget freak in me loves new stuff so I like it for that but the rest just doesn't make me want to put down my iPod but I am waiting for that review of the Zune.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 AM
fgarcia10
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Keep it up and you'll go blind

Have fun and enjoy. Let us know your thoughts on your new toy.

HAHAHA! too late I just put the firts five seasons of family guy!

oh,oh,oh and the Marketplace has way more latin (did I say I was latino?) music than iTunes and the search is drastically faster.

Last edited by fgarcia10; 11-15-2006 at 04:40 AM..

Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Problem is, he said it wouldn't be fair to deliver a verdict and then proceeded to do exactly that. Sorry dude, but that just stinks.

As for objective, I see you only have 1 post here, which means you probably haven't been around very long. It's all good. I can only suggest if you want to question the objectivity of Jason, Darius or Aaron, you read the prior postings on this site before doing so. Plenty of criticism and no fanboyism whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:16 AM
rand
Neophyte

Yeah one post here. But note I mentioned all the Thoughts Media sites. I've been a fan of the sites for years. Jason has even reviewed products that I worked on here in Austin Texas. I agree with you objectivity is not something generally lacking on Thoughts Media sites. But I stick by my earlier assertion. Taken in the context of the entire article (from which only the comments that hacked folks off were quoted I might add) it wasn't that heinous a crime to "give a verdict". Perhaps if he had used the words, "from what I've seen so far my opinion is" would have sat better with folks. But it frankly surprises me that his personal opinions in a article that was really quite uniformative have struck such a nerve. If anything the article was pointless. All he said was what everyone already knows.... if Microsoft can't deliver on the features that differentiate the Zune from the iPod then the product will slide into obscurity with all the other DAPs on the market. Not being an Apple Fanboy, if anyone can take on Apple in this market its Microsoft. I say that from experience. Worst Zune review? From Popular Mechanics probably not. Most Pointless? Probably.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Wuss912
Intellectual

WOW that is is lame review...
and who says the media isnt baised...

Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand View Post
Worst Zune review? From Popular Mechanics probably not. Most Pointless? Probably.
My suggestion? Lighten up - I was having some fun being a bit more extreme than normal. It's all good!

Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
leslietroyer
Intellectual

The sad thing is that "reviews" like this are often quoted or miss quoted and people spend lots of time in damage control.

Les

Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

But the funniest part is that this is being even considered a review!

Think about it. If I want to review a car, but it had no tires, would I write a review on the car?

Obviously not.

Part of the Zune experience is software. If you can't review the software, you can't review the Zune. I'm seriously disappointed in PM for even putting this on their website in the first place.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
rand
Neophyte

Agree with you on that Vincent. Now the two articles Jason posted this morning, the unboxing and software setup; those are truly useful. Thanks Jason I'm getting a better hands on view of the product reading your articles posted from Canada than I could fondling a Zune at my local Target store.