Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
BruceSmith
Neophyte
Default Iphone or Window Phone

Hi
I am Bruce. I am the student of Computer science. and my hobbies are making Fun with my friends and Surfing web.
I am glad to be here.
I am planning to gift new cell phone to my GF. I need help which one to buy Iphone or Window phone.

Thanks.

Last edited by BruceSmith; 12-08-2009 at 01:39 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

I'm going to hate myself, but I would guess the iPhone would probably be more appropriate as a gift, if you don't already know that a Windows Phone is what she wants.
Typically phone choices are very personal and should be aproached with some idea of what you want to do with the device and what sort of experience you want.
A Windows Phone has more capabilities and is much more customizable for usage patterns and just personality than an iPhone, but the iPhone is dead simple to use, and has an unquestionably user friendly interface.
Unless your GF is an inveterate Windows user, and/or has demonstrated some desire for (or even knowledge of) the Windows Phone OS, I think you would be safer with the iPhone.
P.S. My wife, the MCSA, MCSE, MCT, professional IT engineer in MS systems, loves her iPhone, though she clearly understands its limitations.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Richard76
Intellectual

I would have to agree with Sven on this one. And I have also given this advice to many friends that have asked me for advice. It really does have to do with the individual that will be using it but I would generalize that more people would be happier with an iPhone (based on percentages).

Personally, I have both and have a hard time deciding which one to use each day!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 PM
YazrJeffries
Neophyte

I agree that cell phone choice is personal preference but would definitely choose iphone if gifting...don't think there is anyone who would not want an iphone..